Searching \ for ' [OT] Ultrapersonal computing' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=ultrapersonal+computing
Search entire site for: 'Ultrapersonal computing'.

No exact or substring matches. trying for part
PICList Thread
'[PICLIST] [OT] Ultrapersonal computing'
2002\04\19@180121 by Jinx

face picon face
Ex Apple (including PIC list veteran Jory Bell), Microsoft,
NASA designers get together

http://www.oqo.com/

Slick web site too, straight out of the movies

(apart from the bios - the European BSc sounds better
than "a BS degree")

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The PICList is archived three different
ways.  See http://www.piclist.com/#archives for details.


2002\04\19@235412 by Dale Botkin

flavicon
face
Too bad the site is utterly useless without that stupid Flash plugin,
which I simply refuse to install.  Why would seemingly intelligent people
do such stupid things as ignore perfectly good standards like HTML?  Never
will figure that out.

Dale
--
"Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that
curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly."
         - Arnold Edinborough


On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Jinx wrote:

{Quote hidden}

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The PICList is archived three different
ways.  See http://www.piclist.com/#archives for details.


2002\04\20@005101 by Jinx

face picon face
> Too bad the site is utterly useless without that stupid Flash
> plugin, which I simply refuse to install.

Wassamatta with Flash ?

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email spam_OUTlistservTakeThisOuTspammitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body


2002\04\20@062630 by Patrick J

flavicon
face
This is the PICLIST and we hate everything that doesnt load on a PIC ! ;-)

/PJ

----- Original Message -----
> > Too bad the site is utterly useless without that stupid Flash
> > plugin, which I simply refuse to install.
>
> Wassamatta with Flash ?

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email .....listservKILLspamspam@spam@mitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body


2002\04\20@083225 by Jinx

face picon face
> This is the PICLIST and we hate everything that doesnt load
> on a PIC ! ;-)

But would you go back to "C" PICs ? I'll take the "F" thanks

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email listservspamKILLspammitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body


2002\04\21@193139 by Ray Gardiner

flavicon
face
>Too bad the site is utterly useless without that stupid Flash plugin,
>which I simply refuse to install.  Why would seemingly intelligent people
>do such stupid things as ignore perfectly good standards like HTML?  Never
>will figure that out.
>
Because flash allows user interaction and animation that isn't possible
with html. Also it's actually more portable than html, in the sense that
it's difficult to get html, to do exactly the same rendering on internet
explorer vsnetscape across various platforms. Flash works pretty well across
all platforms.. (except I wish there was a linux flash 6 player).

Also flash is good for designing user interfaces for pic based devices.

Ray Gardiner .....rayKILLspamspam.....dsp.com.au
DSP Systems (a division of SPC-Ardmona Limited). [MMII]

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
EraseMEpiclist-unsubscribe-requestspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTmitvma.mit.edu


2002\04\22@015747 by Dale Botkin

flavicon
face
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Ray Gardiner wrote:

> >Too bad the site is utterly useless without that stupid Flash plugin,
> >which I simply refuse to install.  Why would seemingly intelligent people
> >do such stupid things as ignore perfectly good standards like HTML?  Never
> >will figure that out.
> >
> Because flash allows user interaction and animation that isn't possible
> with html.

Yeah, so do rabid opossum or LSD.  If I want animated commercials, I have
a TV already.

> Also it's actually more portable than html, in the sense that
> it's difficult to get html, to do exactly the same rendering on internet
> explorer vsnetscape across various platforms. Flash works pretty well across
> all platforms.. (except I wish there was a linux flash 6 player).

Ummmm...  yeah.  Portable.  I can view html on pretty much any hardware or
software platform.  BSD, Linux, Solaris, Irix, AIX, SCO, Winblows down to
3.0, DOS, Amiga, Palm, CP/M, you name it.  It's an open standard.  I count
six OS on five hardware platforms for Flash.  I fail to see how this
qualifies as "more portable".

> Also flash is good for designing user interfaces for pic based devices.

Under certain very limited conditions.

Dale
<yes, feeling curmudgeonly this weekend!>

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2002\04\22@043629 by Ray Gardiner

flavicon
face
>> Also flash is good for designing user interfaces for pic based devices.
>
>Under certain very limited conditions.

Our next project, is 18F452 based with ethernet and serial eeprom to store .swf
file for remote configuration and control. Client can be any pc with flash
player plugin or stand alone flash player.

Some of the nice things about swf format,

       1. being vector based the display scales quite nicely to suit
          smaller or larger displays

       2. The swf format is "open" (well, as open as it needs to be.)

       3. The swf file format is quite compact.  I could give you some
          examples, but since you don't have the flash player....

       4. The player is widely deployed,  415,000,000 according to macromedia.

We tried a similar project with java last year, and while we eventually
succeeded, the lack of compatability across class libraries and general
lack of adherence to standards (mainly microsoft ie) was a major stumbling block.

This time around we are using flash. If you can suggest a viable alternative
I would be most interested.


Ray Gardiner rayspamspam_OUTdsp.com.au
DSP Systems (a division of SPC-Ardmona Limited). [MMII]

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2002\04\22@100330 by Dale Botkin

flavicon
face
On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Ray Gardiner wrote:

> We tried a similar project with java last year, and while we eventually
> succeeded, the lack of compatability across class libraries and general
> lack of adherence to standards (mainly microsoft ie) was a major stumbling block.
>
> This time around we are using flash. If you can suggest a viable alternative
> I would be most interested.

Umm... text?

8-)

Just being difficult...
Dale

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2002\04\22@112850 by Micro Eng

picon face
only if it ran Linux...


_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2002 , 2003 only
- Today
- New search...