Searching \ for '[PIC]Low Voltage Programming' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devprogs.htm?key=programming
Search entire site for: 'Low Voltage Programming'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC]Low Voltage Programming'
2006\09\16@185228 by genome

picon face
What is low voltage programming??
there is a configuration bit in the pic that enables low voltage program..
if enable will this make some pins unusable for input output..
If this is disabled then can you still be able to program the chip with a
low voltage programmer like picpgm..
I'm a litle bit confused..
what happens with a blank pic.. one that you just bought..
will you still be able to program them with LVP.. as the configuration bits
will eather be all zeroes or all ones..
thanks..



2006\09\16@191338 by peter green

flavicon
face

> What is low voltage programming??
low voltage programming is a method of programming pics without the need for
a 12V supply by dedicating a line to enabling programming.

low voltage programming cannot be used to disable low voltage programming.

> there is a configuration bit in the pic that enables low voltage
> program..
indeed

> if enable will this make some pins unusable for input output..
just the one pin (PGM) which must be pulled low in normal operation to stop
the pic inadvertantly entering program mode.

note: if you program in circuit you should ALWAYS pull this pin low as
sometimes there are problems entering high voltage program mode with low
voltage program enabled and PGM high or floating.

> If this is disabled then can you still be able to program the chip with a
> low voltage programmer like picpgm.
no once its disabled only high voltage programming can be used to program
the pic.

> what happens with a blank pic.. one that you just bought..
> will you still be able to program them with LVP.. as the
> configuration bits
> will eather be all zeroes or all ones..
a blank pic (a new chip or a pic that has had a bulk erase operation
performed) will have low voltage programming enabled.

2006\09\17@040531 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> What is low voltage programming??

read the programing specs for the pic you have in mind

> there is a configuration bit in the pic that enables low
> voltage program..

yes

> if enable will this make some pins unusable for input output..

one pin

> If this is disabled then can you still be able to program the
> chip with a low voltage programmer like picpgm..

no

> I'm a litle bit confused..
> what happens with a blank pic.. one that you just bought..
> will you still be able to program them with LVP.. as the
> configuration bits
> will eather be all zeroes or all ones..

no, all ones

default (erased) LVP is enabled

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu


More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2006 , 2007 only
- Today
- New search...