Searching \ for '[PIC] programming PIC18F67J50, PIC18F46J50?' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devprogs.htm?key=programming
Search entire site for: 'programming PIC18F67J50, PIC18F46J50?'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] programming PIC18F67J50, PIC18F46J50?'
2010\03\30@050609 by Michael Watterson

face picon face
I have a home made "sort of JDM compatible" programmer  
http://www.techtir.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=1751

It works with 16F877, 16F877A, 16F876, 16F628, 18F4550 so far.

I've used ICprog but now use Vellemann's PICprog2009 programmer software
in K8076 mode.

The  PIC18F67J50, PIC18F46J50 are not on menu (ICPROG has PIC18F6720 and
PICprog2009 has 18F4620, 18F4680).

1)  Any suggestions how I program PIC18F46J50 (64K, 44pin TQFP) and  
PIC18F67J50 (128K byte Flash, 64 pin TQFP)?

2) Any source for cheap DIL adaptor for Microchip's 44pin TQFP?

I'm told this works http://www.voti.nl/shop/catalog.html?PCB-06   for
the 64 pin TQFP

I need the larger code sizes, hence the choice of these rather than
PIC18F4550 I'm using right now. The lack of internal eeprom isn't a big
deal as I have external 24LC512(s).


2010\03\30@073434 by Xiaofan Chen

face picon face
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Michael Watterson <spam_OUTmikeTakeThisOuTspamradioway.org> wrote:
> I have a home made "sort of JDM compatible" programmer
> http://www.techtir.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=1751
>
> It works with 16F877, 16F877A, 16F876, 16F628, 18F4550 so far.
>
> I've used ICprog but now use Vellemann's PICprog2009 programmer software
> in K8076 mode.
>
> The  PIC18F67J50, PIC18F46J50 are not on menu (ICPROG has PIC18F6720 and
> PICprog2009 has 18F4620, 18F4680).
>
> 1)  Any suggestions how I program PIC18F46J50 (64K, 44pin TQFP) and
> PIC18F67J50 (128K byte Flash, 64 pin TQFP)?

These are 3.3V only PICs so your programmer may not be able to
support it. The programmer may damage the PICs actually.

So if you want to use them, maybe the US$35 PICkit 2 is the
way to go or some other programmers which properly support
3.3V PICs.



--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com

2010\03\30@080504 by Olin Lathrop

face picon face
Michael Watterson wrote:
> The  PIC18F67J50, PIC18F46J50 are not on menu

The J parts are 3.3V only, and require a totally different way to enter
programming mode.  If your programmer doesn't have variable Vpp or isn't
specifically designed for the J parts, it is unlikely it can be made to
work.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2010\03\30@085541 by Michael Watterson

face picon face
Olin Lathrop wrote:
> Michael Watterson wrote:
>  
>> The  PIC18F67J50, PIC18F46J50 are not on menu
>>    
>
> The J parts are 3.3V only, and require a totally different way to enter
> programming mode.  If your programmer doesn't have variable Vpp or isn't
> specifically designed for the J parts, it is unlikely it can be made to
> work.
>  
I understand about the 3.3V. Obviously the target has 3.3V VDD and mix
of 3V and 5V pins (many pins allow 5V pullup resistors). I can easily
adapt a programmer for 3.3V Data, Clock and Vdd. However there is no
point to the HW modifications unless there is Programming software that
support "bit-bang" via RS232 handshake pins for PIC18F67J50 and PIC18F46J50.

The HW interface issue can be solved easily, if there is software. Or
does the PICkit 2  definitely support PIC18F67J50 and PIC18F46J50. If so
where is best place to buy it?  (Not from North America as Postage Speed
and Price from N.A. is just plain silly to Ireland. What is 10 days & 5
Euro postage from Singapore/Thialand/China/Hong Kong is 20 Euro postage
and 15 to 20 days from USA. Canada seems worse)

At the moment, time is more available than money, so if Windows XP (or
Linux) software was available for my existing programmer design adapted
for 3.3V, then I'd prefer that route. TXD enables VPP, clock is RTS and
Data I/O is CTS/DTR. Changing the two levels of VPP and changing, VPP,
Data & Clock levels is trivial.



2010\03\30@092201 by Xiaofan Chen

face picon face
On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Michael Watterson <.....mikeKILLspamspam@spam@radioway.org> wrote:
> The HW interface issue can be solved easily, if there is software. Or
> does the PICkit 2  definitely support PIC18F67J50 and PIC18F46J50. If so
> where is best place to buy it?

Yes.
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en027813

> At the moment, time is more available than money, so if Windows XP (or
> Linux) software was available
>

PICkit 2 supports Linux and Windows XP (and Vista/Windows 7,
32bit/64bit).
http://www.microchip.com/pickit2

If times is more available than money, just build your own
PICkit 2, The schematics is in the user guide. You can
use your JDM to program the PIC18F4550 chip.


--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com

2010\03\30@093946 by Michael Watterson

face picon face
Xiaofan Chen wrote:
{Quote hidden}

Thanks.. I'll have a serious look at ordering PICkit 2 and/or building one.
At least my "JDM" (having an ICL7660 based VPP PSU from 5V PSU) programs
PIC18F4550s reliably.

I'll see how much a PicKit 2 really is here :-)

2010\03\30@100255 by Alan B Pearce

face picon face
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Michael Watterson <.....mikeKILLspamspam.....radioway.org>
> wrote:
>> The HW interface issue can be solved easily, if there is software. Or
>> does the PICkit 2  definitely support PIC18F67J50 and PIC18F46J50. If so
>> where is best place to buy it?
>
> Yes.
> http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en027813

Agreed, and the ironical thing is, when I upgraded my ICD2 to an ICD3 with
the recent exchange program, the ICD3 was shipped from NI ...

2010\03\30@105318 by Michael Watterson

face picon face
Alan B Pearce wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Michael Watterson <EraseMEmikespam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTradioway.org>
>> wrote:
>>    
>>> The HW interface issue can be solved easily, if there is software. Or
>>> does the PICkit 2  definitely support PIC18F67J50 and PIC18F46J50. If so
>>> where is best place to buy it?
>>>      
>> Yes.
>> www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en027813
>>    
>
> Agreed, and the ironical thing is, when I upgraded my ICD2 to an ICD3 with
> the recent exchange program, the ICD3 was shipped from NI ...
>
>  
Ready to ship
Available On: 11-May-2010

Microchip appear to have a strange sense of humour.

It's only 24 Euro (unknown postage) and Pic kit 3 is 35 Euro. Also 11
May. :-(


More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2010 , 2011 only
- Today
- New search...