Searching \ for '[PIC] program upload, YES' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'program upload, YES'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] program upload, YES'
2006\09\21@031900 by Frank Abbing

flavicon
face
I had problems with uploading a program to an 18F4520 using WISP. After
doing what the piclist told me, updating the WISP firmware to version 1.11,
I can get my code into the PIC!
Next problem: my 10^6th program, which happens to be my 1st PIC program,
does not work.

I suspect the 10 Mhz crystal oscillator is not oscillating. The only
measuring equipment I own is a simple dvm, which is useless at this
frequency.
I tried to listen with a shortwave radio, I think the noise in the 10 Mhz
region should change when I turn the PIC power on or off, but nothing
happens.

Any ideas about what to do next would be welcome.

Frank Abbing

2006\09\21@040453 by Jinx

face picon face
> I suspect the 10 Mhz crystal oscillator is not oscillating

> Any ideas about what to do next would be welcome.

Upload a LED blinker ?

2006\09\21@041833 by Frank Abbing

flavicon
face


Jinx schreef:
>> I suspect the 10 Mhz crystal oscillator is not oscillating
>>    
>
>  
>> Any ideas about what to do next would be welcome.
>>    
>
> Upload a LED blinker ?
>
>  

That is what my first program is supposed to be...

Frank Abbing

2006\09\21@043416 by Frank Abbing

flavicon
face


Frank Abbing schreef:
> I had problems with uploading a program to an 18F4520 using WISP. After
> doing what the piclist told me, updating the WISP firmware to version 1.11,
> I can get my code into the PIC!
> Next problem: my 10^6th program, which happens to be my 1st PIC program,
> does not work.
>
> I suspect the 10 Mhz crystal oscillator is not oscillating. The only
> measuring equipment I own is a simple dvm, which is useless at this
> frequency.
> I tried to listen with a shortwave radio, I think the noise in the 10 Mhz
> region should change when I turn the PIC power on or off, but nothing
> happens.
>
> Any ideas about what to do next would be welcome.
>
> Frank Abbing
>
>  
Dear List,

I Read TFM up to the section about the oscillator. It seemed a #pragma
config OSC = HSPLL
was missing. Now it finally works!

Frank Abbing

2006\09\21@045701 by Jinx

face picon face
> > Upload a LED blinker ?
>
> That is what my first program is supposed to be...

Ah. Catch-22

Glad to hear you got it going though

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2006 , 2007 only
- Today
- New search...