Searching \ for '[PIC] how to compare two strings PIC16f628(A)' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=16F
Search entire site for: 'how to compare two strings PIC16f628(A)'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] how to compare two strings PIC16f628(A)'
2005\05\05@104344 by noname notregistered

picon face
I have a small modem v.25 routine in my PIC programmed. However, I's like to
compare incoming messages with a fixed table to decide which action to take

Table (e.g)
'OK'
'ERROR'
'RING'
'NO CONNECTION'
etc

I want to do this with indirect addressing techniques. The incoming
message(s) are already in a ring-memory. I want but one routine to compare
the incoming message with my table via a pointer routine. Any Ideas?

Arjen

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Webmessenger doet het altijd en overal http://webmessenger.msn.com/

2005\05\05@113102 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
noname notregistered wrote :

(First, you havn't thought of changing your "name" ??)

{Quote hidden}

For the "strings" in your example, you just have to check
the first character in each since thay are unique anyway.

> I want to do this with indirect addressing techniques. The
> incoming message(s) are already in a ring-memory. I want
> but one routine to compare the incoming message with my
> table via a pointer routine. Any Ideas?

What language ?

Jan-Erik.



2005\05\05@121028 by noname notregistered

picon face
The name is to confuse spammers, sofar it works quite right.

The language is Assembler (MPLAB)

{Quote hidden}

>

2005\05\05@122314 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>I have a small modem v.25 routine in my PIC programmed. However,
>I's like to compare incoming messages with a fixed table to
>decide which action to take
>
>Table (e.g)
>'OK'
>'ERROR'
>'RING'
>'NO CONNECTION'
>etc

Do you really need to use the verbose string? I would change the modem to
return the non-verbose message, as it is easier to select on.

And please put a valid name in your email non-de-plume.

2005\05\05@124223 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
arjen_r@hotmail.com wrote :

> >noname notregistered wrote :
> >
> >(First, you havn't thought of changing your "name" ??)
> >

> The name is to confuse spammers, sofar it works quite right.

OK, fine... :-)

> The language is Assembler (MPLAB)

OK.
Still, do you realy have to compare the whole strings ?
Maybe one could just check how many characters from
the start of the strings that is needed to get it unique.
In your examples is was just one character, and that
is pretty easy to test.

Jan-Erik.



2005\05\05@125317 by Byron A Jeff

face picon face
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 02:43:45PM +0000, noname notregistered wrote:
> I have a small modem v.25 routine in my PIC programmed. However, I's
> like to compare incoming messages with a fixed table to decide which
> action to take
>
> Table (e.g)
> 'OK'
> 'ERROR'
> 'RING'
> 'NO CONNECTION'
> etc
>
> I want to do this with indirect addressing techniques. The incoming
> message(s) are already in a ring-memory. I want but one routine to
> compare the incoming message with my table via a pointer routine. Any
> Ideas?

A couple.

1. Instead of comparing the actual strings, why not create a checksum of
the incoming bytes, since you've already read them into a ring buffer.

It's easy and cheap to make a unique checksum based on character position
and character value.

Then you can compare the checksum to values in a checksum table.

2. the typical way to do an equal/unequal compare of any type is to use
xor. When you xor any value with itself, the result is zero. In any other
case you get a non zero result.

BAJ

2005\05\05@125848 by Dave Turner

picon face
Hey,

Just wondering, how do you compare individual characters?

Is the only way to add the character to (256-char) and check for zero?

On 5/5/05, Jan-Erik Soderholm <.....jan-erik.soderholmKILLspamspam.....telia.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

> -

2005\05\05@130852 by olin_piclist

face picon face
noname notregistered wrote:
> The name is to confuse spammers, sofar it works quite right.

Spammers don't much care about the text name, since it's just for human
readable display purposes.  After all the list server is delivering your
mail despite the text name being "noname notregistered".  The silly text
name only serves to make it look like you are hiding who you are, and
frankly is why I didn't bother answering your earlier post.


*****************************************************************
Embed Inc, embedded system specialists in Littleton Massachusetts
(978) 742-9014, http://www.embedinc.com

2005\05\05@132808 by Ake Hedman

flavicon
face
One way....

First compare the sum of the chars in the unknown string to the sum of the chars for every known string.

If you  find one for which the sum is equal. XOR for each position in the known and the unknown string adding the results together. If the result is zero they are equal.

/Ake

noname notregistered wrote:

{Quote hidden}

--  ---
Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer)
eurosource, Brattbergavägen 17, 820 50 LOS, Sweden
Phone: (46) 657 413430 Cellular: (46) 73 84 84 102
Company home: http://www.eurosource.se      Kryddor/Te/Kaffe: http://www.brattberg.com
Personal homepage: http://www.eurosource.se/akhe
Automated home: http://www.vscp.org

2005\05\05@132935 by Spehro Pefhany

picon face
At 05:58 PM 5/5/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>Hey,
>
>Just wondering, how do you compare individual characters?
>
>Is the only way to add the character to (256-char) and check for zero?

XORWF and check for the zero flag.

Best regards,

Spehro Pefhany --"it's the network..."            "The Journey is the reward"
speffspamspam_OUTinterlog.com             Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog  Info for designers:  http://www.speff.com




2005\05\05@133252 by Dave Turner

picon face
jeez guys - chill out - is it really worth flaming someone just
because they don't want to disclose their name?

On 5/5/05, Olin Lathrop <@spam@olin_piclistKILLspamspamembedinc.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

> -

2005\05\05@133642 by Mark Rages

face picon face
On 5/5/05, Dave Turner <KILLspamdave.w.turnerKILLspamspamgmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Just wondering, how do you compare individual characters?
>
> Is the only way to add the character to (256-char) and check for zero?
>

What's wrong with that?  It just takes a couple of instructions per character.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail

--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
 - fortune cookie

2005\05\05@135452 by olin_piclist

face picon face
Dave Turner wrote:
> jeez guys - chill out - is it really worth flaming someone

That was hardly a "flame".  I tried to explain why it doesn't matter to
spammers, and why I didn't reply to his earlier message.  The strongest
language was calling the practise "silly", which it is if you think about
it.

> just because they don't want to disclose their name?

Yeah, it's kind of dishonest or rude or something.


*****************************************************************
Embed Inc, embedded system specialists in Littleton Massachusetts
(978) 742-9014, http://www.embedinc.com

2005\05\05@151407 by D. Jay Newman

flavicon
face
> Dave Turner wrote:

> > just because they don't want to disclose their name?
>
> Yeah, it's kind of dishonest or rude or something.

I agree fully with this. I tend to think of people with obviously
made up names as mere kids pretending to be "in" by using language
and conventions of people long since obsolete.

Merely my opinion of course.

I saw a poster once. It said "Leonardo Divinci signed his works. How
much more would we try if we signed ours."
--
D. Jay Newman           ! Polititions and civilations come and
RemoveMEjayTakeThisOuTspamsprucegrove.com     ! go but the engineers and machinists
http://enerd.ws/robots/ ! make progress

2005\05\05@155421 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
> I saw a poster once. It said "Leonardo Divinci signed his works. How
> much more would we try if we signed ours."

Not that it matters *that* much, but since he probably
was the greatest scientist ever born...

Leonardo Da Vinci

"Leonardo from [born in] Vinci", in english.

Vinci is still a very nice little town in Toscana, Italy.
The house where Leonardo grow up is now a museum.

Besides of that, I think the poster was on the spot. :-)

Best Regards,
Jan-Erik.



2005\05\05@174304 by D. Jay Newman

flavicon
face
> Not that it matters *that* much, but since he probably
> was the greatest scientist ever born...
>
> Leonardo Da Vinci

You are correct; my bad.

And yes, I consider him perhaps one of the greatest scientists
of all time.
--
D. Jay Newman           ! Polititions and civilations come and
spamBeGonejayspamBeGonespamsprucegrove.com     ! go but the engineers and machinists
http://enerd.ws/robots/ ! make progress

2005\05\06@040544 by ThePicMan

flavicon
face
At 13.55 2005.05.05 -0400, you wrote:
>Dave Turner wrote:
>>jeez guys - chill out - is it really worth flaming someone
>
>That was hardly a "flame".  I tried to explain why it doesn't matter to
>spammers, and why I didn't reply to his earlier message.  The strongest
>language was calling the practise "silly", which it is if you think about
>it.
>
>>just because they don't want to disclose their name?
>
>Yeah, it's kind of dishonest or rude or something.

*YOU* call "rude" someone just because he doesn't sign with his real name???

My God.. what levels did we reach..


2005\05\06@040553 by ThePicMan

flavicon
face
At 14.46 2005.05.05 -0400, you wrote:
>> Dave Turner wrote:
>
>> > just because they don't want to disclose their name?
>>
>> Yeah, it's kind of dishonest or rude or something.
>
>I agree fully with this. I tend to think of people with obviously
>made up names as mere kids pretending to be "in"

You are insulting me and others with no reason.


>Merely my opinion of course.

A kiddish one, if you let me rephrase what you yourself wrote above.


2005\05\06@043546 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
ThePicMan [TakeThisOuTthepicmanEraseMEspamspam_OUTinfinito.it] wrote :


> >I agree fully with this. I tend to think of people with obviously
> >made up names as mere kids pretending to be "in"
>
> You are insulting me and others with no reason.

No reason ??

Having a clear name in the mail header have nothing with
anti-SPAM to do. Is there any other resonable reason to
not disclosing the name on this kind of forum ?

About a year ago someone with a made-up name made
such a dumb post that he got another piclist'er shutoff
from the list. I'm not sure, but I don't think I have seen
a single post from that member (at least not using the
*same* made up name !) since then. Go figure...

Regards,
Jan-Erik.



2005\05\06@052708 by ThePicMan

flavicon
face
At 10.35 2005.05.06 +0200, you wrote:
>ThePicMan [RemoveMEthepicmanspamTakeThisOuTinfinito.it] wrote :
>
>
>> >I agree fully with this. I tend to think of people with obviously
>> >made up names as mere kids pretending to be "in"
>>
>> You are insulting me and others with no reason.
>
>No reason ??
>
>Having a clear name in the mail header have nothing with
>anti-SPAM to do. Is there any other resonable reason to
>not disclosing the name on this kind of forum ?

Either you see a reason for it or not (it's not up to you,
it's up to the person that signs itself), it is perfectly
reasonable and "within the rules" of the mailinglist to not
sign with one's real name.

There are people using false, but perfectly sounding names.
Is it reasonable for you?

I think that in this mailinglist one should be judged only
by the contents of his posts, and the fact that he gives
you his or her name, his or her home address, his or her
private or job telephone number, is way too irrilevant to
be even discussed.

Calling "kid" someone that makes a choice that doesn't
break any mailinglist rule and whose reasons you simply
don't understand is gratuitously insulting him/her, IMHO.


>About a year ago someone with a made-up name made
>such a dumb post that he got another piclist'er shutoff
>from the list.

Again, who are you to judge what is dumb? Are you God?

Let away that you fail any logic with your assumption
that making a dumb post can cause someone's else to get
kicked off. It's plain illogical. If someone got kicked
off the list, there have certainly been good reasons to
do so. If someone else triggered that, then I consider
it just a service. It can't be anything else, otherwise
you've something big to complain against the moderators,
and nobody else.


>I'm not sure, but I don't think I have seen
>a single post from that member (at least not using the
>*same* made up name !) since then. Go figure...

Maybe he returned with another account? Any way, you've
seen that, instead I've seen the worst kind of people
making libellous affirmations on someone's real name,
because he was a dangerous competitor, and making night
calls to him to scare his family. This is just one example
of the abuse that some people can make of someone else's
real name. And this is one of many possible good reasons
to choose not to use the own real name.

Either I have personally good reasons or not to use a
pseudonym, I'm sure it is correct to use one, and I do!


>Regards,
>Jan-Erik.
>
>
>
>-

2005\05\06@053657 by noname notregistered

picon face
Thanks for all the input. I am pretty amazed how my email name offended so
many people. Still, in the original question I did put my name at the end,
and my hotmail address reveals most of it too.

So let me introduce myself: It's Arjen Roelof Vellekoop I live in the
Netherlands, and am currently involved in a small project with a PIC16F628A

I got some really good suggestions:

1 Apparantly, modem messages are unique in their first character, that makes
life really simple.
2 The suggestion of adding individual chars(values) to get a 'stamp' may be
quite useful too.

I am pretty familiar with assembler and ways to compare individual
characters (Xoring, Anding and checking for Z-flag) The question may not
have been put clearly:

Is it possible to assign two pointers (in my case to strings to compare) in
the 16F628. One pointer is possible via the FSR.

Arjen Vellekoop

_________________________________________________________________
Nieuw: Download nu MSN Messenger 7.0 http://messenger.msn.nl/

2005\05\06@081606 by Bill & Pookie

picon face
You guys are starting to remind me of the characters in "Dr. Strangelove".

Just can't figure out who is who.

Bill

----- Original Message -----
From: "ThePicMan" <thepicmanEraseMEspam.....infinito.it>
>
> *YOU* call "rude" someone just because he doesn't sign with his real
name???
>
> My God.. what levels did we reach..
>

2005\05\06@083540 by olin_piclist

face picon face
ThePicMan wrote:
>> I agree fully with this. I tend to think of people with obviously
>> made up names as mere kids pretending to be "in"
>
> You are insulting me and others with no reason.

I'm not trying to insult you, but I do have less respect for people not
willing to say who they really are.  An anonymous person can say things with
impunity that would result in bad consequences for that person if he were
identified.  This makes anything said anonymously more suspect than
something said by a person willing to stand behind it.  Not identifying
yourself when speaking is cowardly, and there is nothing new about this
view.  Clearly John Hancock would agree if he were here today.

**In my opinion** calling yourself "ThePicMan", "PicDude", "Engineering
Info", and the like is mildly pretentious and a bit arrogant.  But of course
you can do what you want.  I'm only telling you how I perceive it.


*****************************************************************
Embed Inc, embedded system specialists in Littleton Massachusetts
(978) 742-9014, http://www.embedinc.com

2005\05\06@084109 by olin_piclist

face picon face
noname notregistered wrote:
> Is it possible to assign two pointers (in my case to strings to
> compare) in the 16F628. One pointer is possible via the FSR.

The PIC 16 family only has one pointer (FSR) register.  PIC 18s have 3, and
any of the 16 working registers of a PIC 30 can be used as pointers.


*****************************************************************
Embed Inc, embedded system specialists in Littleton Massachusetts
(978) 742-9014, http://www.embedinc.com

2005\05\06@090931 by alan smith

picon face
Depends if using the 18F... I like the CPFSEQ
instruction myself


--- Dave Turner <EraseMEdave.w.turnerspamgmail.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

2005\05\06@095400 by Scott Dattalo

face
flavicon
face
On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 09:36 +0000, noname notregistered wrote:
(a.k.a)

Arjen Roelof Vellekoop
>
<snip>

> Is it possible to assign two pointers (in my case to strings to compare) in
> the 16F628. One pointer is possible via the FSR.
>
Arjen,

Since the 16f628 (and all mid-range PICs) have only one FSR, you'll have
to switch between the two pointers constantly to do a compare. E.g.
suppose your pointer variables are named 'ptr1' and 'ptr2', you can do
something like this:

; Enter with ptr1 and ptr2 pointing to two strings stored in RAM

   movlw MAX_STRING_LENGTH
   movwf max_length
CompareLoop:

 ; Get a byte from the first string
   movf  ptr1,W
   movwf FSR
   incf  ptr1,F
   movf  INDF,W
   movwf temp

 ; Get a byte from the second string
   movf  ptr2,W
   movwf FSR
   incf  ptr2,F
   movf  INDF,W
   skpnz               ;Did we reach the end of the string?
    goto CompareMatch  ;yep - found a match

   xorwf temp,F
   skpz
    goto CompareMisMatch

   decf  maxLength,F
    goto CompareLoop

CompareMisMatch:
 ...
CompareMatch:
 ...

The has not been tested. Furthermore, I'm not even sure it's what you
want. It sounds like you want to compare a string in RAM with one in ROM.

I'd suggest storing program memory strings using two tables. One table is
a table of pointers to the strings and the other contains the strings.
Here is a cut-n-paste from an example program part of gpsim:

; The first part of the table contains pointers to the start of the
; strings. Note that each string has a two word pointer for the low
; and high bytes.

ws_table:
       retlw        LOW(string0)
       retlw        HIGH(string0)

       retlw        LOW(string1)
       retlw        HIGH(string1)


string0:        dt        "GPSIM WROTE THIS",0
string1:        dt        "A STRING ON ROW 2",0

In my case, I'm accessing the strings for an LCD display and not comparing
them. But here's the full routine for doing the access:

;*******************************************************************
;write_string
;
;  The purpose of this routine is to display a string on the LCD module.
;On entry, W contains the string number to be displayed. The current cursor
;location is the destination of the output.
;  This routine can be located anywhere in the code space and may be
;larger than 256 bytes.
;
; psuedo code:
;
; char *string0 = "foo";
; char *string1 = "bar";
;
; char *strings[] = { string0, string1};
; char num_strings = sizeof(strings)/sizeof(char *);
;
; void write_string(char string_num)
; {
;   char *str;
;
;   str = strings[string_num % num_strings];
;
;   for( ; *str; str++)
;     LCD_WRITE_DATA(*str);
;
; }
;
; Memory used
;    buffer2, buffer3
; Calls
;    LCD_WRITE_DATA
; Inputs
;    W = String Number
;
write_string

       andlw   WS_TABLE_MASK           ;Make sure the string is
                                       ;in range
       movwf   buffer3                 ;Used as an index into
                                       ;the string table
       addwf        buffer3,w               ;to get the string offset
                                       ;
       addlw        LOW(ws_table)           ;First, get a pointer to
                                       ; the string
       movwf        buffer3                 ;
                                       ;
       movlw   HIGH(ws_table)          ;
       skpnc                           ;
        movlw   HIGH(ws_table)+1       ;

       movwf        PCLATH

       movf        buffer3,w
       call        ws2                        ;First call is to get string
                                       ; offset in table
       movwf        buffer2

       incf        PCLATH,f
       incfsz        buffer3,w
        decf        PCLATH,f

       call        ws2                     ;get the high word (of the
                                       ; offset)
       movwf        PCLATH                  ;
ws1:                                    ;Now loop through the string
       movf        buffer2,w
       call        ws2

       andlw        0xff
       skpnz                           ;If the returned byte is zero,
        return                         ;   we've reached the end

       call    LCD_WRITE_DATA

       incf        PCLATH,f                ;Point to the next character
                                       ; in the string
       incfsz        buffer2,f
        decf        PCLATH,f

       goto    ws1

ws2
       movwf        PCL


The full source for this code can be found in gpsim CVS repository at
SourceForge:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gpsim/extras/lcd/examples/

in the file screen.asm

In your case, you'll want to access one of the strings in program memory
and then compare it to one in RAM. The analogous code for the 18F family
is *much* simpler!

Scott

2005\05\06@105159 by Russell McMahon

face
flavicon
face
> You guys are starting to remind me of the characters in "Dr.
> Strangelove".
>
> Just can't figure out who is who.

Was that really Bill who said that, or is Pookie illicitly consuming
bandwidth again?


       RM (whoever that is)


2005\05\06@110747 by ThePicMan

flavicon
face
At 08.36 2005.05.06 -0400, you wrote:
>ThePicMan wrote:
>>>I agree fully with this. I tend to think of people with obviously
>>>made up names as mere kids pretending to be "in"
>>
>>You are insulting me and others with no reason.
>
>I'm not trying to insult you, but I do have less respect for people not
>willing to say who they really are.

What would you do with their name? I'm interested to know..


>An anonymous person can say things with
>impunity that would result in bad consequences for that person if he were
>identified.

Those "bad consequences" look like a western movie to me. If you had
serious reasons to complain you may go to the Police, denounce the facts,
and most probably the identity of the person would be discovered and the
serious consequences be taken.

But otherwise it seems to me that wanting to know the identity of someone
is useful only for things nastier than the most nasty ones that you may
get from that anonymous person.. What is it for, personal justice like in
the movies of Charles Bronson?


>This makes anything said anonymously more suspect than
>something said by a person willing to stand behind it.

I disagree: one affirmation is authoritative depending by its contents..
not by the fact you got the address and telephone number of the one that
says it. Again, if you have serious complaints to do, denounce the anon
person to the Police and you'll probably get justice.


>Not identifying yourself when speaking is cowardly,

This is your point of you. For me coward is one that instead of thinking
about the contents of an affirmation, he wants to know the identity of
the one that said it, just for revenge purposes. Concentrate on the
substance of things instead.

A lot of times to be "anon" just means to have a chance to say the truth
without getting a bullet in your head for that.. or something equivalent.


> and there is nothing new about this
>view.  Clearly John Hancock would agree if he were here today.
>
>**In my opinion** calling yourself "ThePicMan", "PicDude", "Engineering
>Info", and the like is mildly pretentious and a bit arrogant.

You can teach me the highest levels of arrogance, Olin. Perhaps you're
just envious that somebody dares to call himself "ThePicMan", "PicDude"
or "Engineering Info" when you should be the only prima donna here..

Now ask me my telephone number, personal address, etc.. I know what is
the only use you could do with that!

Note that the fact that you publish all of your personal info is your
own choice - and I couldn't care less of who you are or how to reach
you, since I know you in a mailinglist - and the fact that you did so
is clearly to promote your company (and to make a fool of yourself
every day, I could add, but that's just a personal opinion).


> But of course
>you can do what you want.  I'm only telling you how I perceive it.

I won't tell you how I (and many others) perceive you, for decency.




>*****************************************************************
>Embed Inc, embedded system specialists in Littleton Massachusetts
>(978) 742-9014, http://www.embedinc.com
>-

2005\05\06@111111 by William Chops Westfield

face picon face

On May 6, 2005, at 2:36 AM, noname notregistered wrote:

> Is it possible to assign two pointers (in my case to strings to
> compare)
> in the 16F628. One pointer is possible via the FSR.
>
Your other pointer is going to be a string in ROM anyway, right?  So FSR
style pointers wouldn't work...

I'd probably do something like setting up FSR to the ram string, and
calling a series of "CMP_OK", "CMP_HANGUP", etc functions

BillW


2005\05\06@124152 by D. Jay Newman

flavicon
face
> At 08.36 2005.05.06 -0400, you wrote:
> >ThePicMan wrote:

[I wrote the statement below, ThePicMan responded. And I didn't write most
of the other statements I've deleted in the note I'm responding to.]

> >I'm not trying to insult you, but I do have less respect for people not
> >willing to say who they really are.
>
> What would you do with their name? I'm interested to know..

Nothing. I'm merely saying that I find it more difficult to respect
an anonymous source.
--
D. Jay Newman           ! Polititions and civilations come and
RemoveMEjayTakeThisOuTspamspamsprucegrove.com     ! go but the engineers and machinists
http://enerd.ws/robots/ ! make progress

2005\05\06@132934 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> >I'm not trying to insult you, but I do have less respect for
> people not
> >willing to say who they really are.
>
> What would you do with their name? I'm interested to know..

Memorize? Connect with other communications by the same person?

> Those "bad consequences" look like a western movie to me. If you had
> (snip)
> the movies of Charles Bronson?

Are you seriously campaning for the title of 'the most &^%&^%%&&* person
on the piclist'? That title has been already claimed, but IMHO you would
make a good challenger.

> >This makes anything said anonymously more suspect than
> >something said by a person willing to stand behind it.
>
> I disagree: one affirmation is authoritative depending by its
> contents..

It is correct or incorrect by its content. Failing a method or the time
to establish correctness a communication's authoritiveness is also
important, which derives not from its content but from its origin.

> Now ask me my telephone number, personal address, etc.. I know what is
> the only use you could do with that!

OK, tell me
- your number, address, etc, and
- what to do with it

> I won't tell you how I (and many others) perceive you, for decency.

speak for only yourself, dude. on this list is everyone speaks for
himself, when needed only James and his crew speak for us all. claiming
otherwise is claiming authority you don't have.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu


2005\05\06@141033 by noname notregistered

picon face
Thanks Scott, this is what I am looking for! It may be much simpler with the
18-series, but I already bought the 16f628a and it suits my purpose. I may
decide to go the easy way and just compare the first character, but just for
scientific purpose I am glad you 'pointed ' me to the right direction.

Arjen (aka 'noname notregistered')

{Quote hidden}

>

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2005 , 2006 only
- Today
- New search...