Searching \ for '[PIC] New PICs - PIC18F87J10 family' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=18F
Search entire site for: 'New PICs - PIC18F87J10 family'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] New PICs - PIC18F87J10 family'
2004\09\11@195011 by Ken Pergola

flavicon
face

PIC18F87J10 FAMILY
------------------

www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1335&
dDocName=en020071

Interesting new method for entering ICSP mode -- different from previous
PIC18F devices. Supply voltage during programming is essentially Vdd -- no
external high voltage source required. Looks pretty cool -- I hope this will
be a trend for future devices.

Best regards,

Ken Pergola


_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\11@200902 by Spehro Pefhany

picon face
At 07:50 PM 9/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>PIC18F87J10 FAMILY
>------------------
>
>www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1335&
>dDocName=en020071
>
>Interesting new method for entering ICSP mode -- different from previous
>PIC18F devices. Supply voltage during programming is essentially Vdd -- no
>external high voltage source required. Looks pretty cool -- I hope this will
>be a trend for future devices.
>
>Best regards,
>Ken Pergola

I like the security of an external high-voltage requirement for programming.

Best regards,

Spehro Pefhany --"it's the network..."            "The Journey is the reward"
spam_OUTspeffTakeThisOuTspaminterlog.com             Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog  Info for designers:  http://www.speff.com




_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\11@202026 by Ken Pergola

flavicon
face

Spehro Pefhany wrote:


> I like the security of an external high-voltage requirement for
> programming.

Hi Spehro,

Did you see that these parts require a 32-bit key sequence that is presented
on PGD in order to enter Program/Verify mode. If the 32-bit sequence is not
valid, all bets are off. Hopefully that gives you a little more security
about this.

Best regards,

Ken Pergola


_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\11@205023 by Ken Pergola

flavicon
face

And will the real 32-bit code to enter programming mode please stand up!

Yup, you guessed it, 0x4D434850 -- or 'MCHP' in ASCII -- Microchip
Technology's stock symbol!

No kidding!

Best regards,

Ken Pergola




_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\11@210040 by Spehro Pefhany

picon face
At 08:20 PM 9/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>Spehro Pefhany wrote:
>
>
> > I like the security of an external high-voltage requirement for
> > programming.
>
>Hi Spehro,
>
>Did you see that these parts require a 32-bit key sequence that is presented
>on PGD in order to enter Program/Verify mode. If the 32-bit sequence is not
>valid, all bets are off. Hopefully that gives you a little more security
>about this.
>
>Best regards,
>Ken Pergola

No, and thanks, Ken. I'm glad they are thinking about it. A lot of customers
will not touch it if they don't do it right.

Best regards,

Spehro Pefhany --"it's the network..."            "The Journey is the reward"
.....speffKILLspamspam@spam@interlog.com             Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog  Info for designers:  http://www.speff.com




_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\11@222622 by Mike Harrison

flavicon
face
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:50:08 -0400, you wrote:

>
>PIC18F87J10 FAMILY
>------------------
>
>www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1335&
>dDocName=en020071
>
>Interesting new method for entering ICSP mode -- different from previous
>PIC18F devices. Supply voltage during programming is essentially Vdd -- no
>external high voltage source required. Looks pretty cool -- I hope this will
>be a trend for future devices.

Not looked at the data but I guess this means you don't get the option to use MCLR as an I/O, as
there is no way to differentiate programming from normal operation
The Atmel ATTinys sufer from this - you can use reset as I/O but if you do, you lose the serial
programming capability. I'd like to at least have the option....

_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\12@162114 by Philip Pemberton

face picon face
In message <KHEAKGMGPPBIPOHGAOODCEOGECAA.no_spamspamKILLspamlocalnet.com>>          "Ken Pergola" <.....no_spamKILLspamspam.....localnet.com> wrote:

> Yup, you guessed it, 0x4D434850 -- or 'MCHP' in ASCII -- Microchip
> Technology's stock symbol!
>
> No kidding!

Have you seen the card-ID data Infineon's MultiMediaCard controller chips
throw out?

] CID DUMP:
]  MID       0x01 [ Infineon ]
]  MODEL     [ IFX064 ]

And what's the significance of "IFX"? That's right, Infineon's stock symbol.
I'm not dissing Infineon - they make fine MultiMediaCard controller chips.
They're also pretty open with datasheets - I asked them for a copy of their
MultiMediaCard datasheets and two days later I had an email from their sales
team - with a 4MB MMC spec-sheet attached. Not too bad IMO :)

Later.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
EraseMEphilpemspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTdsl.pipex.com              | ViewFinder, 10BaseT Ethernet, 2-slice,
http://www.philpem.dsl.pipex.com/  | 48xCD, ARCINv6c IDE, SCSI
... Where do you find 100 talking invertebrates? The US Senate!
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2004 , 2005 only
- Today
- New search...