Searching \ for '[PIC] MPlab 7.62 and PICKIT2 debug?' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/languages.htm?key=mplab
Search entire site for: 'MPlab 7.62 and PICKIT2 debug?'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] MPlab 7.62 and PICKIT2 debug?'
2007\11\04@142718 by alan smith

picon face
OK, so I downloaded 7.62, installed and it works fine.  Finds the PICKIT2 and I can program using it but it gives me an error for debug
 
 PK2Error0028:  Unable to enter debug mode
 
 Anyone know what this means? The target is 18F4525, debugger runs fine in the ICD2

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

2007\11\04@144640 by alan smith

picon face
Grrrrrrr....nevermind....bit me again
 
 power up timer has to be disabled....
 
 makes me wonder tho...sometimes it works fine in debug...other times crashed.
 
 but none the less, PICKIT2 is working as the debugger.  

alan smith <spam_OUTmicro_eng2TakeThisOuTspamyahoo.com> wrote:
 OK, so I downloaded 7.62, installed and it works fine. Finds the PICKIT2 and I can program using it but it gives me an error for debug

PK2Error0028: Unable to enter debug mode

Anyone know what this means? The target is 18F4525, debugger runs fine in the ICD2

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

2007\11\04@145423 by Timothy J. Weber

face picon face
alan smith wrote:
> OK, so I downloaded 7.62, installed and it works fine.  Finds the PICKIT2 and I can program using it but it gives me an error for debug
>    
>   PK2Error0028:  Unable to enter debug mode
>    
>   Anyone know what this means? The target is 18F4525, debugger runs fine in the ICD2

Does your PICkit2 have the latest hardware update - or do you have two
external 4K7 pulldowns on PGC and PGD?
--
Timothy J. Weber
http://timothyweber.org

2007\11\04@181053 by Xiaofan Chen

face picon face
On 11/4/07, alan smith <.....micro_eng2KILLspamspam@spam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   OK, so I downloaded 7.62, installed and it works fine.
> Finds the PICKIT2 and I can program using it but it gives me an error for debug
>
> PK2Error0028: Unable to enter debug mode
>
> Anyone know what this means? The target is 18F4525,
> debugger runs fine in the ICD2 in ...
>   power up timer has to be disabled....
>
>   makes me wonder tho...sometimes it works fine in debug...other times crashed.
>
>   but none the less, PICKIT2 is working as the debugger.
>

PICkit 2 debugger support in MPLAB 7.62 is considered to be beta.
You might want to read the PICkit 2 Faq here:
http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=270347

You should also read the help for MPLAB ICD2 since PICKit 2
debugging should be the same as ICD2 in theory.

Walter is working hard to get better PICKit 2 debugging support
integrated to MPLAB 8.0.

Xiaofan

2007\11\07@103958 by alan smith
picon face
doubt it has that....maybe thats why its acting wierd on me for debug.  Programs fine of course.

"Timothy J. Weber" <twspamKILLspamtimothyweber.org> wrote:  alan smith wrote:
> OK, so I downloaded 7.62, installed and it works fine. Finds the PICKIT2 and I can program using it but it gives me an error for debug
>
> PK2Error0028: Unable to enter debug mode
>
> Anyone know what this means? The target is 18F4525, debugger runs fine in the ICD2

Does your PICkit2 have the latest hardware update - or do you have two
external 4K7 pulldowns on PGC and PGD?
--
Timothy J. Weber
http://timothyweber.org

2007\11\07@113029 by Timothy Weber

face picon face
Ah ha!  The pulldowns are specifically for debugging.

You would have them if your PICkit2 has a red button - or if you added
them yourself, of course.  I prefer adding them externally, rather than
on the PICkit2 board, as it makes the PICkit2 a bit more versatile.

alan smith wrote:
{Quote hidden}

--
Timothy J. Weber
http://timothyweber.org

2007\11\07@122045 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>You would have them if your PICkit2 has a red button -

I thought we had got to the point where the colour of the button was not an
indicator of the mod being done. It would appear that some production units
around the 'crossover point' had the original colour button, or maybe the
red button got introduced before the modification, I cannot remember the
order.

2007\11\07@132739 by Funny NYPD

picon face
It is not hard to add those resistors, capacitors and change the resistor from 10K to 1K. Microchip posted a pdf version of "howto" on the forum.

Funny N.
New Bedford, MA
http://www.AuElectronics.selfip.com



{Original Message removed}

2007\11\07@134811 by Timothy Weber

face picon face
Alan B. Pearce wrote:
>> You would have them if your PICkit2 has a red button -
>
> I thought we had got to the point where the colour of the button was not an
> indicator of the mod being done. It would appear that some production units
> around the 'crossover point' had the original colour button, or maybe the
> red button got introduced before the modification, I cannot remember the
> order.

Ah - I remembered some extra bit of chaos but forgot that that was it.
I was just going by the update PDF, which makes the blanket claim about
the red button.
--
Timothy J. Weber
http://timothyweber.org

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2007 , 2008 only
- Today
- New search...