Searching \ for '[PIC] MPLAB v8.80 fixed' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/languages.htm?key=mplab
Search entire site for: 'MPLAB v8.80 fixed'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] MPLAB v8.80 fixed'
2011\11\08@105457 by Electron

flavicon
face

After trying everything, I got the idea the problem was that installing
v8.80 on top of v8.76 must have created some sort of malfunctioning hybrid.

I gave a look at Windows' "Add or Remove programs", and found that I not
only had installed v8.80 (of course), but the v8.76 was still there (same
installation path of v8.80 by the way)!!! and v8.10 too!!!!!

It looks like installing v8.80 on top of v8.76 hasn't upgraded anything,
it has just made one non-working system from two.

I uninstalled all of them, then reinstalled v8.80. Now it works like a
charm. :-) Please note that the printf problem remains, it's just that I'm
not using it so.. it's v8.80 for me, for you it maybe v8.76 if you need
printf, but be aware that some new chips are supported only by v8.80

I hope this info was useful.

With kind regards,
Mari

2011\11\08@113328 by Chris Roper

picon face
Thanks Mario,

Good to know. I finally got round to installing MPlabX, but on another PC.
I will leave this one on 8.76 till this code release is done, the
target hardware arrives tomorrow so I don't have time to play :

2011\11\08@114409 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
"Thanks" to what ??
Is there some quote missing ?


Chris Roper wrote 2011-11-08 17:33:
> Thanks Mario,
>
> Good to know. I finally got round to installing MPlabX, but on another PC..
> I will leave this one on 8.76 till this code release is done, the
> target hardware arrives tomorrow so I don't have time to play :

2011\11\08@160307 by Chris Roper

picon face
When Mario first reported a problem I asked him to keep us up to date
as I was about to upgrade when I saw his message. I was thanking him
for doing so and reporting how he solved the problem. :)


On 8 November 2011 18:44, Jan-Erik Soderholm
<spam_OUTjan-erik.soderholmTakeThisOuTspamtelia.com> wrote:
> "Thanks" to what ??
> Is there some quote missing ?
>

2011\11\08@162204 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
OK, no problem.
That was several days ago and I didn't remembered the context. :-)
Keeping the context in posts is a good idea, generaly speaking... :-)

Jan-Erik.





Chris Roper wrote 2011-11-08 22:03:
> When Mario first reported a problem I asked him to keep us up to date
> as I was about to upgrade when I saw his message. I was thanking him
> for doing so and reporting how he solved the problem. :)
>
>
> On 8 November 2011 18:44, Jan-Erik Soderholm
> <.....jan-erik.soderholmKILLspamspam@spam@telia.com>  wrote:
>> "Thanks" to what ??
>> Is there some quote missing ?
>>
>

2011\11\08@182658 by Brian Gregory

flavicon
face
In-Reply-To: <201111081554.pA8FsqGL024108spamKILLspammailhub-dmz-3.mit.edu>

Electron,

{Quote hidden}

Yes it's always been essential to uninstall any old MPLAB versions first, and as far as I remember it clearly says this is so in the installation instructions.

Brian Gregory.
.....briangKILLspamspam.....cix.compulink.co.uk

2011\11\08@183225 by Chris Roper

picon face
Yes, it is a difficult compromise as I use Gmail which keeps a good
history of the thread so I tend to be overaggressive when I  trim the
replays rather than clutter them with the original. But I forget that
other mail clients don't keep the context.
Thanks for the heads up, I will be sure to Quote at least the bit I am
responding too in future.

On 8 November 2011 23:22, Jan-Erik Soderholm
<EraseMEjan-erik.soderholmspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTtelia.com> wrote:
> OK, no problem.
> That was several days ago and I didn't remembered the context. :-)
> Keeping the context in posts is a good idea, generaly speaking... :-)
>
> Jan-Erik

2011\11\08@191009 by Dwayne Reid

flavicon
face
At 04:27 PM 11/8/2011, Brian Gregory wrote:
>
> > It looks like installing v8.80 on top of v8.76 hasn't upgraded anything,
> > it has just made one non-working system from two.
> >
> > I uninstalled all of them, then reinstalled v8.80. Now it works like a
> > charm. :-) Please note that the printf problem remains, it's just that I'm
> > not using it so.. it's v8.80 for me, for you it maybe v8.76 if you need
> > printf, but be aware that some new chips are supported only by v8.80
>
>Yes it's always been essential to uninstall any old MPLAB versions first, and
>as far as I remember it clearly says this is so in the installation
>instructions.

Its actually OK to keep several different MPLAB installations on the same computer - BUT - you have to make sure that you install them into separate directories.  Microchip includes a utility to make whichever version you want to use to be the 'active' version - I'm guessing that the utility makes whatever registry changes are necessary to allow the various debug tools to work with the currently active version of MPLAB.

I ** ALWAYS ** install each version of MPLAB into its own directory right off the root of my D: partition.  I use directory names that reflect the version: Eg D:\MP876.

I have yet to have a problem with multiple MPLAB versions peacefully residing in the same computer system.  The only hassle is remembering to run that darned utility when switching between versions.

dwayne

-- Dwayne Reid   <dwaynerspamspam_OUTplanet.eon.net>
Trinity Electronics Systems Ltd    Edmonton, AB, CANADA
(780) 489-3199 voice          (780) 487-6397 fax
http://www.trinity-electronics.com
Custom Electronics Design and Manufacturing

2011\11\09@052958 by Electron

flavicon
face

At 22.22 2011.11.08, you wrote:
>> On 8 November 2011 18:44, Jan-Erik Soderholm
>> <@spam@jan-erik.soderholmKILLspamspamtelia.com>  wrote:
>>> "Thanks" to what ??
>>> Is there some quote missing ?
>>>
>>>
>Chris Roper wrote 2011-11-08 22:03:
>> When Mario first reported a problem I asked him to keep us up to date
>> as I was about to upgrade when I saw his message. I was thanking him
>> for doing so and reporting how he solved the problem. :)
>>
>>
>OK, no problem.
>That was several days ago and I didn't remembered the context. :-)
>Keeping the context in posts is a good idea, generaly speaking... :-)
>
>Jan-Erik.

You probably missed my post which were immediately before the post of Chris
that you replied to:


---

Subject: [PIC] MPLAB v8.80 fixed

After trying everything, I got the idea the problem was that installing
v8.80 on top of v8.76 must have created some sort of malfunctioning hybrid.

I gave a look at Windows' "Add or Remove programs", and found that I not
only had installed v8.80 (of course), but the v8.76 was still there (same
installation path of v8.80 by the way)!!! and v8.10 too!!!!!

It looks like installing v8.80 on top of v8.76 hasn't upgraded anything,
it has just made one non-working system from two.

I uninstalled all of them, then reinstalled v8.80. Now it works like a
charm. :-) Please note that the printf problem remains, it's just that I'm
not using it so.. it's v8.80 for me, for you it maybe v8.76 if you need
printf, but be aware that some new chips are supported only by v8.80

I hope this info was useful.

With kind regards,
Mario

2011\11\09@062226 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
Electron wrote 2011-11-09 11:29:
{Quote hidden}

No, I didn't missed it, I simply didn't remembered it... :-)

Besides, I've got the view that every post should be self-explained.
You should not be expected to remember anything. :-)

Jan-Erik.




{Quote hidden}

2011\11\09@072351 by Electron

flavicon
face
At 12.22 2011.11.09, you wrote:
{Quote hidden}

Yep but that uses so much bandwidth and is so hard on the global warming. ;)


{Quote hidden}

>

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2011 , 2012 only
- Today
- New search...