Exact match. Not showing close matches.
'[PIC] LCD driving trouble'
Peter L. Peres
I have seen this happen with 2 x 16 LCD. The reason is that the LCD takes
a very long time to decay all its internal voltages. Here are 5 fixes
(which should be applied together for good results):
- Set the B'1000' fixed combination on D0-D3 of the LCD. Refer to the LCD
controller data sheet for why (the code that initializes the display
- Use the 'long' initialization sequence every time (see LCD data sheet).
- Place a small resistor (1-2k) in parallel with the LCD power pins to
help drain the voltage quickly. You can use a low value contrast pot for
this to avoid adding parts. This assumes that you can live with the extra
power drain (2.5-5mA @5V).
- Have a turn-on delay of 0.5 sec at least before talking to the LCD after
- You can save a lot of power by leaving the LCD on and using the display
off command (measure yours), This removes the reset problem if the unit
has soft power control.
More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2000
, 2001 only
- New search...