Searching \ for '[PIC] LCD Code' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/io/lcd/pic.htm?key=lcd
Search entire site for: 'LCD Code'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] LCD Code'
2008\12\19@224150 by solarwind

picon face
I have an HD44780 and have been trying to simulate my code on the PIC
Simulator IDE. I have not gotten it to work. If anyone has some
complete LCD code, could you please post it?

My LCD library: http://pastebin.com/f70e6df87 (modified from the PIClist one)
My App: http://pastebin.com/f27d9d666 (wont even compile properly)

--
solarwind

2008\12\20@025735 by Vitaliy

flavicon
face
"solarwind" wrote:
>I have an HD44780 and have been trying to simulate my code on the PIC
> Simulator IDE. I have not gotten it to work. If anyone has some
> complete LCD code, could you please post it?

I have it in C18 somewhere, but you're using assembler.


> My LCD library: http://pastebin.com/f70e6df87 (modified from the PIClist
> one)

You need to try to isolate the problem to a smaller piece of code. Doing
this might even help you find the problem yourself.


> My App: http://pastebin.com/f27d9d666 (wont even compile properly)

#include <p16F690.inc>
#include "4lcd.asm"
   __config (_INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _MCLRE_ON &
_CP_OFF & _BOR_OFF & _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_ON & _IESO_OFF)

tmp     res 1

       org 0x0
Start:
       call    lcd_init
       call    lcd_cursor_on
       ;xy_loc  0x00, 0x00
       ;movlw   'z'
       ;call    lcd_putc
       goto    $
end


As Olin has recently pointed out, assembly code is never "compiled", it's
"assembled". I would imagine you get errors because you have the wrong label
specified for goto? Paste the errors next time, it would help with the
diagnosis.

Vitaliy


2008\12\20@030804 by solarwind

picon face
Please post the C18 code, I don't mind.

2008\12\20@032339 by Vitaliy

flavicon
face
"solarwind"
> Please post the C18 code, I don't mind.

http://pastebin.com/f10523b12

Btw, my code doesn't look like that anymore. The LCD code was running on the
top board of this contraption:

http://cognitivearm.com/

Which was controlling this robotic arm:

http://www.crustcrawler.com/products/arm5.php?prod=0

Vitaliy

2008\12\20@063818 by Harry H. Arends

flavicon
face
Could you PLEASE include some lines of text of the previous message.
It is hardly to follow a single lin of text. You realy expect real
help in this way?

Harry

> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: spam_OUTpiclist-bouncesTakeThisOuTspammit.edu [.....piclist-bouncesKILLspamspam@spam@mit.edu]
> Namens solarwind
> Verzonden: zaterdag 20 december 2008 9:08
> Aan: Microcontroller discussion list - Public.
> Onderwerp: Re: [PIC] LCD Code
>
> Please post the C18 code, I don't mind.
> -

2008\12\20@063841 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
solarwind wrote:
> I have an HD44780 and have been trying to simulate my code on the PIC
> Simulator IDE. I have not gotten it to work.

Why ?

> If anyone has some complete LCD code, could you please post it?

http://www.jescab.se/HD44780.html


2008\12\20@154105 by solarwind

picon face
On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 6:38 AM, Jan-Erik Soderholm
<jan-erik.soderholmspamKILLspamtelia.com> wrote:
> solarwind wrote:
>> I have an HD44780 and have been trying to simulate my code on the PIC
>> Simulator IDE. I have not gotten it to work.
>
> Why ?
>
>> If anyone has some complete LCD code, could you please post it?
>
> http://www.jescab.se/HD44780.html


This is *exactly* what I was looking for as I have an 886 myself.
However, I was not able to compile it. I literally copied and pasted
the code into an asm file and compiled in MPLAB. I got a million
errors.

Here are the errors: http://pastebin.com/f463b77d

If you could please help solve these, I would greatly appreciate it.
This is the closest I've gotten to working code for my chip, however
it's not compiling.


--
solarwind

2008\12\20@160143 by Harry H. Arends

flavicon
face
It says clearly in de error file on line 10 a header file mismatch.
Are you declaring the same device in MLAB and the include file or the
include file cant be found.

Harry

{Quote hidden}

> -

2008\12\20@160428 by John Pickard

flavicon
picon face


solarwind wrote:

> Here are the errors: http://pastebin.com/f463b77d
>
#include <p16f886.inc>         ; processor specific variable definitions

The above line is looking for a file in the include folder of
p16f886.inc. Make sure you have got that present before trying again.

Regards,

John

2008\12\20@161202 by solarwind

picon face
It's there, I wrote some other program for the 886 using the same
include line and stuff and it worked. Also went and checked, it's
there.

2008\12\20@161219 by solarwind

picon face
What's interesting is this:

Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\MPASMWIN.exe" /q
/p16F690 "886_lcd.asm" /l"886_lcd.lst" /e"886_lcd.err" /d__DEBUG=1

Why is it executing /p16F690 ?

2008\12\20@161627 by Jinx

face picon face
> Here are the errors: http://pastebin.com/f463b77d

Some of those look like Case Sensitivity errors

2008\12\20@163123 by Harry H. Arends

flavicon
face
If you even read some part of my reply and RFM then you should know
that that is the device ported to the ASM as cinfigured in MPLAB IDE.

Harry

{Quote hidden}

/e"886_lcd.err" /d__DEBUG=1
>
> Why is it executing /p16F690 ?
> -

2008\12\20@174357 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
Jinx wrote:
>> Here are the errors: http://pastebin.com/f463b77d
>
> Some of those look like Case Sensitivity errors
>

They are.

Error 113 is becuse case sensitivity isn't disabled.

Error 149 is becuse the LKR file isn't included
into the project (=> "linker script").

The others I don't know, could be some effect
of the copy-n-paste.

Note that my example codes assumes that one has done
what's on this page: http://www.jescab.se/Info_MPLAB.html
under "Konfigurering".

Yes, it's in swedish, but some things (like "linker script")
shoud be understandable anyway...


2008\12\20@174611 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
solarwind wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 6:38 AM, Jan-Erik Soderholm
> <RemoveMEjan-erik.soderholmTakeThisOuTspamtelia.com> wrote:
>> solarwind wrote:
>>> I have an HD44780 and have been trying to simulate my code on the PIC
>>> Simulator IDE. I have not gotten it to work.
>> Why ?
>>
>>> If anyone has some complete LCD code, could you please post it?
>> http://www.jescab.se/HD44780.html
>
>
> This is *exactly* what I was looking for as I have an 886 myself.
> However, I was not able to compile it. I literally copied and pasted
> the code into an asm file and compiled in MPLAB. I got a million
> errors.

Did you tried to lookup *any* of the error codes and
tried to find out what the problem was ?

Note that there are only 4-5 *unique* error codes !!
Two of them (113 and 149) are *very easy* to get rid of ! :-)


2008\12\20@174815 by solarwind

picon face
On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Harry H. Arends <spamBeGoneh.arendsspamBeGonespamhome.nl> wrote:
> If you even read some part of my reply and RFM then you should know
> that that is the device ported to the ASM as cinfigured in MPLAB IDE.
>
> Harry

I appreciate your response, but was unfortunately unable to make much
sense of it as it was grammatically incorrect. I don't mean to be a
jerk but I honestly didn't understand it.

2008\12\20@175957 by solarwind

picon face
On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Jan-Erik Soderholm
<TakeThisOuTjan-erik.soderholmEraseMEspamspam_OUTtelia.com> wrote:
> Did you tried to lookup *any* of the error codes and
> tried to find out what the problem was ?
>
> Note that there are only 4-5 *unique* error codes !!
> Two of them (113 and 149) are *very easy* to get rid of ! :-)

Got rid of most of the errors:

http://pastebin.com/f1e36ba72

That's what's left

--
solarwind

2008\12\20@180117 by solarwind

picon face
Everything works after following the instructions on this page:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhttp://www.jescab.se%2FInfo_MPLAB.html&sl=sv&tl=en&history_state0=

Thanks again!

2008\12\20@181036 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face


solarwind wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Jan-Erik Soderholm
> <RemoveMEjan-erik.soderholmspamTakeThisOuTtelia.com> wrote:
>> Did you tried to lookup *any* of the error codes and
>> tried to find out what the problem was ?
>>
>> Note that there are only 4-5 *unique* error codes !!
>> Two of them (113 and 149) are *very easy* to get rid of ! :-)
>
> Got rid of most of the errors:
>
> http://pastebin.com/f1e36ba72
>
> That's what's left

149: Still missing the "linker script" !!

1108 and 118: Don't know, some error in the code...

The remaining 113's : Not sure. Hunt them down !!!




Never mind, your other post just arrived... :-) :-)

Jan-Erik.

2008\12\20@181238 by solarwind

picon face
It compiled perfectly the first time, but in my simulator, nothing is
showing on the LCD:

img241.imageshack.us/img241/5741/scrn2uz1.jpg

2008\12\20@181407 by solarwind

picon face
Updated image: img389.imageshack.us/img389/3599/scrn3mi0.jpg

2008\12\20@181845 by solarwind

picon face
The code compiles perfectly, but the simulator's LCD is not working:
img389.imageshack.us/img389/3599/scrn3mi0.jpg

2008\12\20@182559 by olin piclist

face picon face
John Pickard wrote:
> The above line is looking for a file in the include folder of
> p16f886.inc. Make sure you have got that present before trying again.

That shouldn't be a problem as that file is always present.  Unless the
MPLAB install failed (and it rarely does and then you'd probably know) or
something trashed it afterwards, all the processor include files should be
in the "MPASM Suite" subdirectory.  This is probably not the problem.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2008\12\20@183316 by Steve Mahalick

picon face


-----Original Message-----
From: piclist-bouncesEraseMEspam.....mit.edu [EraseMEpiclist-bouncesspammit.edu] On Behalf Of
Harry H. Arends
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 4:31 PM
To: 'Microcontroller discussion list - Public.'
Subject: RE: [PIC] LCD Code

If you even read some part of my reply and RFM then you should know
that that is the device ported to the ASM as cinfigured in MPLAB IDE.

Harry

{Quote hidden}

/e"886_lcd.err" /d__DEBUG=1
>
> Why is it executing /p16F690 ?
> -

2008\12\20@185441 by solarwind

picon face
On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Olin Lathrop <RemoveMEolin_piclistTakeThisOuTspamspamembedinc.com> wrote:
> That shouldn't be a problem as that file is always present.  Unless the
> MPLAB install failed (and it rarely does and then you'd probably know) or
> something trashed it afterwards, all the processor include files should be
> in the "MPASM Suite" subdirectory.  This is probably not the problem.

Olin, the problem is solved. Now the only problem is that the hex
file, when run in the simulator, wont show anything on the LCD.

--
solarwind

2008\12\21@042705 by Harry H. Arends

flavicon
face
To the benefit of us all could you explain how you got rid of them
errors and please dont shoot the one who brings the message and is not
a american. We in the world are not all perfect but still learning.

Harry

{Quote hidden}

> -

2008\12\21@115042 by solarwind

picon face
On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:49 AM, solarwind <spamBeGonex.solarwind.xSTOPspamspamEraseMEgmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 4:27 AM, Harry H. Arends <KILLspamh.arendsspamBeGonespamhome.nl> wrote:
> To the benefit of us all could you explain how you got rid of them
> errors and please dont shoot the one who brings the message and is not
> a american. We in the world are not all perfect but still learning.

Link is below (might be hidden as quoted text)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhttp://www.jescab.se%2FInfo_MPLAB.html&sl=sv&tl=en&history_state0=






--
solarwind

2008\12\22@062322 by Harry H. Arends

flavicon
face
And why not explain it in your own words?
Theres a lot of information on that page and i cant think that all on
that page applies to your project/problem.

Harry

{Quote hidden}

learning.
{Quote hidden}

> -

2008\12\22@064306 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
Harry H. Arends wrote:
> And why not explain it in your own words?
> Theres a lot of information on that page and i cant think that all on
> that page applies to your project/problem.
>
> Harry

A bit OT, but...
Personaly I was actualy a bit impressed by the automatic
translation från swedish to english. At least for me the
english text seems quite understandable.

A guess that a lot of the errors was "solved" by disabling
case sesitivity, but there was a few that I do not know
what solved them either...

Jan-Erik.

{Quote hidden}

2008\12\22@124106 by solarwind

picon face
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Jan-Erik Soderholm
<.....jan-erik.soderholmspamRemoveMEtelia.com> wrote:
> Harry H. Arends wrote:
>> And why not explain it in your own words?
>> Theres a lot of information on that page and i cant think that all on
>> that page applies to your project/problem.
>>
>> Harry
>
> A bit OT, but...
> Personaly I was actualy a bit impressed by the automatic
> translation från swedish to english. At least for me the
> english text seems quite understandable.
>
> A guess that a lot of the errors was "solved" by disabling
> case sesitivity, but there was a few that I do not know
> what solved them either...
>
> Jan-Erik.

Add the linker script.



--
solarwind

2008\12\22@170738 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
solarwind wrote:
{Quote hidden}

Yes, correct. That was the other obviouse one... :-)

So that together with case-insensitive made all errors
go away ? Fine then.

Jan-Erik.


>
>

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2008 , 2009 only
- Today
- New search...