Searching \ for '[PIC] Is there a source for Veroboards??' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'Is there a source for Veroboards??'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] Is there a source for Veroboards??'
2005\09\14@131711 by John Nall

picon face
Does anyone happen to know if there is a source (online or otherwise)
for some version of the Veroboard prototyping  boards?  My understanding
is that the original Vero outfit was bought out by someone else, and
perhaps the name is no longer in use.  I checked both Digikey and Mouser
and see nothing by that name or even close.  Obviously I don't care what
the name is -- just looking for a source to purchase a prototype board
of that nature.

John

2005\09\14@132859 by Bob Blick

face picon face
It's been renamed FreedomBoard - part of the Patriot Act.

Seriously, though, it's not available in the US.

Cheers,

Bob


> Does anyone happen to know if there is a source (online or otherwise)
> for some version of the Veroboard prototyping  boards?  My understanding
> is that the original Vero outfit was bought out by someone else, and
> perhaps the name is no longer in use.  I checked both Digikey and Mouser
> and see nothing by that name or even close.  Obviously I don't care what
> the name is -- just looking for a source to purchase a prototype board
> of that nature.


2005\09\14@133353 by John Nall

picon face
Bob Blick wrote:

>It's been renamed FreedomBoard - part of the Patriot Act.
>
>Seriously, though, it's not available in the US.
>  
>

I suppose that it is a sign of our times that if you had not added the
"seriously, though" I would have believed it without any hesitation.  
:-)   OK, thanks.  Perhaps some of the out-of-the-country folks will
have a useful suggestion.

John

2005\09\14@134749 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
Bob Blick wrote :

>
> It's been renamed FreedomBoard - part of the Patriot Act.
>
> Seriously, though, it's not available in the US.

Maybe becuse they usualy comes in "Eurocard"
(100x160 mm) format.

And anything with "Euro..." in it's name can't be
of any value, right ? ;-)

Jan-Erik.



2005\09\14@135344 by John Nall

picon face
Jan-Erik Soderholm wrote:

>> And anything with "Euro..." in it's name can't be
>of any value, right ? ;-)
>  
>
Glad you put that smiley face in there, Jan-Erik.  A lot of us are of
European descent, and value our roots quite a lot.  :-)

John

2005\09\14@140828 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> I suppose that it is a sign of our times that if you had not
> added the
> "seriously, though" I would have believed it without any hesitation.  
> :-)   OK, thanks.  Perhaps some of the out-of-the-country folks will
> have a useful suggestion.

I don't know veroboard, but google hit 3
(http://www.smspower.org/smsreader/prepare.html) looks like what I call
stripboard. It is available from every local supplier here, I would
expect DigiKey and the like to sell it.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu


2005\09\14@141011 by PicDude

flavicon
face
(1) http://www.abra-electronics.com , Part # 0041G

(2) Mouser has a "vector board" that is somewhat similar to this, but not sure
if the layout meets your needs.  See page 1568 on the online catalog.

(3) Never been thrilled with these or the radio-shack boards because of the
way solder blobs up on it (holes too big?) when 2 components are next to each
other, and wires don't attach too solidly (which plated-thru holes would be
nicer for).  So I roll my own -- they are a basic set of rows/columns like a
breadboard, but with appropriate pads for a 78xx power-supply.  Double-sided
pads/plated thru.  Not too expensive since I attach them to a panelized board
layout when I order from barebonespcb.  See here...
http://www.narwani.org/neil/electronics/ps-protoboard-01.jpg

Cheers,
-Neil.



On Wednesday 14 September 2005 12:16 pm, John Nall scribbled:
{Quote hidden}

2005\09\14@141204 by Wayne Topa

flavicon
face
Jvi.dezines.com/mbhp/buy.html)John Nall(spam_OUTjwnallTakeThisOuTspamgmail.com) is reported to have said:
> Does anyone happen to know if there is a source (online or otherwise)
> for some version of the Veroboard prototyping  boards?  My understanding
> is that the original Vero outfit was bought out by someone else, and
> perhaps the name is no longer in use.  I checked both Digikey and Mouser
> and see nothing by that name or even close.  Obviously I don't care what
> the name is -- just looking for a source to purchase a prototype board
> of that nature.
>

John

 I have a few links you might want to check

 http://www.futurlec.com/ProtoBoards.shtml (My main choice)
 http://avi.dezines.com/mbhp/buy.html
 http://www.maplin.co.uk/

:-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)
Wayne
--
To be, or not to be, those are the parameters.
_______________________________________________________

2005\09\14@164947 by Howard Winter

face
flavicon
picon face
John,

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:16:37 -0400, John Nall wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know if there is a source (online or otherwise)
> for some version of the Veroboard prototyping  boards?  

They don't call them Veroboards, but Maplin has a number of different types that are similar, have a look
here:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?MenuNo=424&MenuName=Stripboard&FromMenu=y&doy=14m9

Cheers,


Howard Winter
St.Albans, England


2005\09\14@170305 by Peter Onion

flavicon
face
On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 13:16 -0400, John Nall wrote:
> Does anyone happen to know if there is a source (online or otherwise)
> for some version of the Veroboard prototyping  boards?

If you are UK or European then look here.....
http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rkmain.asp?
PAGEID=80010&CTL_CAT_CODE=30340&STK_PROD_CODE=M29453&XPAGENO=2

Peter


2005\09\14@171442 by John Nall

picon face
Wouter van Ooijen wrote:

>I don't know veroboard, but google hit 3
>(http://www.smspower.org/smsreader/prepare.html) looks like what I call
>stripboard. It is available from every local supplier here, I would
>expect DigiKey and the like to sell it.
>  
>

Well, that is Veroboard, which is what I am looking for.  :-)  And
although it may be available from every local supplier there, it doesn't
seem to be available here in the states.  DigiKey doesn't sell it, nor
does Mouser (so far as I can tell, anyway).  However, there have been
several good replies, so I am going to go chasing down some rabbit
trails and see if I can find an equivalent (a rose by any other name . .
.).  Thanks to all who took the time and trouble to reply.

John

2005\09\14@171911 by John Nall

picon face
PicDude wrote:

>(1) http://www.abra-electronics.com , Part # 0041G
>  
>
BINGO!  That is it!!!  Super!

John

2005\09\14@200552 by William Chops Westfield

face picon face
>> I don't know veroboard, but google hit 3
>> (http://www.smspower.org/smsreader/prepare.html) looks like what I
>> call stripboard.

Huh.  Occasionally I see articles or web pages, mostly from Europe,
that are constructed using "stripboard", and almost make it sound
like stripboard is some sort of common hobbyist standard 'over there.'
Yet as John notes, it's practically unavailable, and unheard of, here
in the US.  This is a 'philosophically interesting' state of affairs!
What happened?

BillW

2005\09\14@201256 by Stephen Barnes

picon face
See the Vero Technologies website at http://www.verotl.com/

Stephen D. Barnes

William Chops Westfield wrote:

{Quote hidden}

2005\09\14@203207 by John Nall

picon face
Stephen Barnes wrote:

> See the Vero Technologies website at http://www.verotl.com/

Yes, but they are located in the U.K., and their list of distributors
shows a lot of European distributors but none in the U.S.

John


2005\09\14@231340 by Dave Lag

picon face
Wow:
4 3/4 x 18"
36 Rows with Holes (6400 Hole Total)
5 Rows of straight copper on each side
$29.99

Hope that is not the typical rate in Europe.
D

John Nall wrote:
> PicDude wrote:
>
>> (1) http://www.abra-electronics.com , Part # 0041G
>>  
>>
> BINGO!  That is it!!!  Super!
>
> John

2005\09\14@235733 by Stephen Barnes

picon face
Also check out Vector Electronics (Newark in One is a distributor)
vector boards.
They provide a full line of prototyping boards equivalent to veroboard
and you can get 'em in the US at reasonable prices.

Stephen D. Barnes

Dave Lag wrote:

{Quote hidden}

2005\09\14@235925 by Stephen Barnes

picon face
Check out this link at Newark in One
http://www.newark.com/NewarkWebCommerce/newark/en_US/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp;jsessionid=5TAC1YBJGH43GCXFEOFCFGIK2URYWIV1?SKU=01H8753&N=0#

Stephen D. Barnes

Dave Lag wrote:

{Quote hidden}

2005\09\14@235929 by William Chops Westfield

face picon face
On Sep 14, 2005, at 8:18 PM, Dave Lag wrote:

> $29.99 :  Hope that is not the typical rate in Europe.
>
Veroboards I've seen in the US, or indeed ANY sort of etched prototyping
board (pad per hole, etc.), have always been 'very expensive' when I've
seen them in stores.  Even more so if they have something like an S100
bus edge connector (although those eventually showed up in discount
piles at ok prices :-)  Ie:

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?
catalogId=10001&productId=263231

(ouch.)

Maybe that's why they never caught on...

BillW

2005\09\15@004325 by Jinx

face picon face
> although those eventually showed up in discount piles
> at ok prices :-)

The last Veroboard I bought was Reduced To Clear otherwise
I'd not have got any as I seldom use it nowadays

Although it's still pretty cheap here even when full price, if we're
talking about the same thing

http://www.dse.co.nz have 3.75" x 12" (approx 4400 holes) for NZ$8.94
(~ US$6.25)

2005\09\15@020208 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> $29.99 :  Hope that is not the typical rate in Europe.

http://www.conrad.nl (there is also a http://www.conrad.de):
- euro-size stripboard (paper) E 2.99@1, E1.79@100
- euro-size stripboard (epoxy) E 3.79@1, E2.99@100

An for sea-of-holes of course:
www.voti.nl/shop/p/M-PERFBOARD-50x100.html
http://www.voti.nl/shop/p/M-PERFBOARD-100x160.html

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu


2005\09\15@051424 by Howard Winter

face
flavicon
picon face
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:02:08 +0200, Wouter van Ooijen wrote:

> > $29.99 :  Hope that is not the typical rate in Europe.
>
> http://www.conrad.nl (there is also a http://www.conrad.de):
> - euro-size stripboard (paper) E 2.99@1, E1.79@100
> - euro-size stripboard (epoxy) E 3.79@1, E2.99@100
and from http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=jp50e

- euro-size stripboard SRBP (paper) UK£2.37 (E3.51, US$4.29) for 1, UK£1.66 (E2.46, US$3.00) each for 5.

(Prices at today's exchange rate, plus VAT, but obviously buying mailorder from the USA you wouldn't pay any).

What I like about these is that their copper strips are tinned, which Veroboard's aren't.

Cheers,



Howard Winter
St.Albans, England

2005\09\15@053536 by Howard Winter

face
flavicon
picon face
Bill,

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:05:49 -0700, William "Chops" Westfield wrote:

> >> I don't know veroboard, but google hit 3
> >> (http://www.smspower.org/smsreader/prepare.html) looks like what I
> >> call stripboard.
>
> Huh.  Occasionally I see articles or web pages, mostly from Europe,
> that are constructed using "stripboard", and almost make it sound
> like stripboard is some sort of common hobbyist standard 'over there.'

It is!  I first used Veroboard when I found out which end of a soldering iron gets hot (about 40 years ago  
:-)  Magazines here have projects that are designed on the stuff, with a list of track-breaks needed, and
coordinates showing what goes where.  The magazines occasionally have a small piece of it as a gift on the
front cover, with articles inside showing various circuits to build on it.  It used to be quite regular, about
once a year, but these days it's a lot less common.

Apart from the standard parallel-track version, there were also a number of more sophisticated patterns, from
tri-pad (holes connected together in threes, still available) to those designed for DIL ICs with power busses
between the IC pins, and with a DIN 41612 socket connection pattern (as on Olin's EasyProg) at one end.  The
latter *were* expensive, and they seem to be very hard to find these days.

Even now, if I want to solder together a small circuit quickly (as opposed to using a solderless breadboard) I
always use stripboard.

> Yet as John notes, it's practically unavailable, and unheard of, here
> in the US.  This is a 'philosophically interesting' state of affairs!
> What happened?

I don't know - did you ever have the stuff over there?  Perhaps Vero had a patent on it, and American
companies didn't want to pay a licence fee to make it?

I never understood the "sea of holes" boards - how do you use them?  Lots of individual wires to make all the
connections?  It annoys me that MicroChip's development boards have just a ring of copper around each hole in
the breadboard area, rather than having them connected in strips.  I asked MicroChip people about this at a
seminar here earlier in the year - they were as puzzled as I, and suggested that "The Americans aren't used to
having strips" as the explanation.

Cheers,


Howard Winter
St.Albans, England


2005\09\15@054258 by Howard Winter

face
flavicon
picon face
Stephen,

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:59:25 -0400, Stephen Barnes wrote:

> Check out this link at Newark in One
>  
www.newark.com/NewarkWebCommerce/newark/en_US/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp;jsessionid=5TAC1YBJGH43GCXFEO
FCFGIK2URYWIV1?SKU=01H8753&N=0#

The thing is, this has individual pads, not strips.

Cheers,


Howard Winter
St.Albans, England


2005\09\15@060205 by Michael Rigby-Jones

picon face


>-----Original Message-----
>From: Howard Winter [.....piclist-bouncesKILLspamspam@spam@mit.edu]
>Sent: 15 September 2005 10:36
>To: Microcontroller discussion list - Public.
>Subject: Re: [PIC] Is there a source for Veroboards??
>
>
>I never understood the "sea of holes" boards - how do you use
>them?  Lots of individual wires to make all the
>connections?  It annoys me that MicroChip's development boards
>have just a ring of copper around each hole in
>the breadboard area, rather than having them connected in
>strips.  I asked MicroChip people about this at a
>seminar here earlier in the year - they were as puzzled as I,
>and suggested that "The Americans aren't used to
>having strips" as the explanation.


I agree, the prototype ares with individual pads make circuit construction very messy, though I have found them easier to use with surface mount parts than proper veroboard.  We used to use the boards with the 41612 connector you described for ATE interface boards in my last place.  They were fibreglass boards and had the power busses laid out for DIPs etc.  Very expensive, but nice to use.

A few interesting links:

A CAD program for laying out stripboard designs
http://www.geocities.com/stripboarddesigner/

Another CAD program, works quite well
http://www.geocities.com/rogerlasau/VCad.html

Buy stripboard online (well, you might be able to when the website is up and running)
http://www.stripboard.com/


Regards

Mike

=======================================================================
This e-mail is intended for the person it is addressed to only. The
information contained in it may be confidential and/or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must
not make any use of this information, or copy or show it to any
person. Please contact us immediately to tell us that you have
received this e-mail, and return the original to us. Any use,
forwarding, printing or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
No part of this message can be considered a request for goods or
services.
=======================================================================

2005\09\15@061529 by Andrew

flavicon
face
part 1 941 bytes content-type:TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=X-UNKNOWN; FORMAT=flowed (decoded quoted-printable)



On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Howard Winter wrote:

> and from http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=jp50e
>
> - euro-size stripboard SRBP (paper) UKú2.37 (E3.51, US$4.29) for 1, UKú1.66 (E2.46, US$3.00) each for 5.

What is the difference between SRBP, strip board and matrix boards? Maplin seem to have all 3 and I'm not sure the difference...are they just different brands of the one thing?

While on the topic of stripboard (does this mean I should change the subject to EE?) what is the usual way to connect a relay to strip board? I bought a 6V relay (RP68Y from Maplin) only to find the pins didn't fit a regular strip board and I'm told this pinout is fairly usual so I imagien this is a common problem (outside the US anyway :-). I ended up soldering wire to each pin and attaching it to the PCB via terminal blocks but this isn't the most relaible method...

Thanks,

Andrew

part 2 35 bytes content-type:text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
(decoded 7bit)

2005\09\15@062338 by Michael Rigby-Jones

picon face


>-----Original Message-----
>From: piclist-bouncesspamKILLspammit.edu [.....piclist-bouncesKILLspamspam.....mit.edu]
>Sent: 15 September 2005 11:15
>To: Howard Winter
>Cc: Microcontroller discussion list - Public.
>Subject: RE: [PIC] Is there a source for Veroboards??
>
>
>
>
>On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Howard Winter wrote:
>
>> and from www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=jp50e
>>
>> - euro-size stripboard SRBP (paper) UK£2.37 (E3.51, US$4.29) for 1,
>> UK£1.66 (E2.46, US$3.00) each for 5.
>
>What is the difference between SRBP, strip board and matrix
>boards?
SRBP is Synthetic Resin Bonded Paper, i.e. just a description of the board material

Stripboard is the genric name for veroboard that has rows of holes connected.  
Matrix board is like vero/stripboard but without any copper at all.  You put the components through from one side, bend the leads over and solder thenm together on the other side.  I'm not that keen on them to be honest, seems very messy.


{Quote hidden}

You could "dead bug" it, i.e. mount it upside down (or sideways if more convienient) using double sided sticky tape, and then use short wires to join the pins to the board.  Standard D type connectors are also a major PITA to use with stripboard, as is anything that dosen't use 0.1" spacing.

Regards

Mike

=======================================================================
This e-mail is intended for the person it is addressed to only. The
information contained in it may be confidential and/or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must
not make any use of this information, or copy or show it to any
person. Please contact us immediately to tell us that you have
received this e-mail, and return the original to us. Any use,
forwarding, printing or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
No part of this message can be considered a request for goods or
services.
=======================================================================

2005\09\15@073410 by Andrew

flavicon
face


On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Michael Rigby-Jones wrote:

> SRBP is Synthetic Resin Bonded Paper, i.e. just a description of the
> board material
>
> Stripboard is the genric name for veroboard that has rows of holes connected.
>
> Matrix board is like vero/stripboard but without any copper at all.
> You put the components through from one side, bend the leads over and
> solder thenm together on the other side.  I'm not that keen on them to
> be honest, seems very messy.

Some of the matrix board has strips as well so now I think the distinction
is probably more down to bad data integrity in Maplin's DB :-)

Thanks for the info - so many things still to learn!

Andrew

2005\09\15@094311 by Timothy Weber

face
flavicon
face
William Chops Westfield wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2005, at 8:18 PM, Dave Lag wrote:
>
>> $29.99 :  Hope that is not the typical rate in Europe.
>>
> Veroboards I've seen in the US, or indeed ANY sort of etched prototyping
> board (pad per hole, etc.), have always been 'very expensive' when I've
> seen them in stores.  Even more so if they have something like an S100
> bus edge connector (although those eventually showed up in discount
> piles at ok prices :-)

All Electronics has these a little cheaper:

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=455&item=ECS-4&type=store

I've used the 3-hole pad version of these and the quality's good.
--
Timothy J. Weber
http://www.lightlink.com/tjweber

2005\09\15@101455 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> $29.99 :  Hope that is not the typical rate in Europe.

I recall some discussions about whether a 'sea of holes' prototype area
is a good idea in a development system. I think it is a waste of
precious PCB area (I just get me a $1..$3 sea-of-holes board and use
that), but if above is typical of what you pay on the other side of the
ocean I can now understand why you want some free holes in a devlopment
PCB! Maybe you can also understand why I (and maybe fellow Europeans)
think it a bad idea.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu


2005\09\15@112605 by Paul Hutchinson

picon face
I think the closet thing in North America is Vector Electronics &
Technology's products. http://www.vectorelect.com/

They are available at Digi-Key just search on "vector" then choose the
"Prototype Boards - Perforated(81 items)" result and you'll get the
parametric search to narrow it down to the type that you need.

Paul

> {Original Message removed}

2005\09\15@120137 by William Chops Westfield

face picon face

On Sep 15, 2005, at 7:14 AM, Wouter van Ooijen wrote:

>> $29.99 :  Hope that is not the typical rate in Europe.
>
> I recall some discussions about whether a 'sea of holes' prototype area
> is a good idea in a development system. I think it is a waste of
> precious PCB area (I just get me a $1..$3 sea-of-holes board and use
> that), but if above is typical of what you pay on the other side of the
> ocean I can now understand why you want some free holes in a devlopment
> PCB! Maybe you can also understand why I (and maybe fellow Europeans)
> think it a bad idea.

Yes.  I think that sort of price IS typical.  IIRC, even board drilled
on a .1 inch grid with NO copper is more expensive than y'all are paying
for stripboard across the pond.
   http://www.twinind.com/catalog.php?id=7#sc28
was one standard manufacturer carried by "upscale" electronics shops,
perhaps the most common I've seen.  The availability of assorted
patterns
in smaller boards from hobbyist deals is relatively recent...

(I've never understood the pad-per-hole boards either, especially at
the price it usually commanded.  But that's what was in the stores and
on the evaluation boards.)

(so does that mean an evaluation board with a stripboard style prototype
area would make sense?)

(I rather like the PCBs laid out like solderless breadboards, myself...)

BillW

2005\09\15@124104 by Mark Rages

face picon face
On 9/15/05, Howard Winter <EraseMEHDRWspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTh2org.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I never understood the "sea of holes" boards - how do you use them?  Lots of individual wires to make all the
> connections?  It annoys me that MicroChip's development boards have just a ring of copper around each hole in
> the breadboard area, rather than having them connected in strips.  I asked MicroChip people about this at a
> seminar here earlier in the year - they were as puzzled as I, and suggested that "The Americans aren't used to
> having strips" as the explanation.
>

Maybe I am the only person in the world who likes the "sea of holes"
boards.  Turn your soldering iron down a bit and it's easy to bridge
adjacent holes with solder, making strips as long as you want in any
desired direction.  The holes are also the right distance for 0603 or
0805 components.  Even SOT-23 transistors are possible.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
 - fortune cookie

2005\09\15@125322 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
>> $29.99 :  Hope that is not the typical rate in Europe.

> Yes.  I think that sort of price IS typical.  IIRC, even board drilled
> on a .1 inch grid with NO copper is more expensive than y'all
> are paying for stripboard across the pond.

In that case I think it is time to alarm your president. Not having
solder breadboards available at a reasonable price is a serious threat
to the future of american electronics. On the other hand, this might be
a plot by the FBI/CIA to hinder DIY bomb making. On the griping hand,
you should all start buying solder breadbords from me. Or should I
donate a bunch to James so he can finance the piclist and/or massmind
with the sales?

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu


2005\09\15@131116 by olin piclist

face picon face
William Chops Westfield wrote:
> (so does that mean an evaluation board with a stripboard style prototype
> area would make sense?)
>
> (I rather like the PCBs laid out like solderless breadboards, myself...)

That was my thought too, http://www.embedinc.com/products/qprot01/index.htm.

*****************************************************************
Embed Inc, embedded system specialists in Littleton Massachusetts
(978) 742-9014, http://www.embedinc.com

2005\09\15@133436 by David P Harris

picon face
Mark Rages wrote:

{Quote hidden}

In this vane, these guys make some nice useful sea-of-hole type boards.  
The layout is such that they allow a very flexible layout.

http://www.schmartboard.com/index.asp?page=products

David


2005\09\15@133702 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> Maybe I am the only person in the world who likes the "sea of holes"
> boards.

Definitely not. I use solderless breadboard for first prototyping, but
after that I use sea-of-holes board for a more stable/rugged prototype.
I never liked stripboard.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu


2005\09\15@160754 by Wayne Topa

flavicon
face
William Chops Westfield(@spam@westfwKILLspamspammac.com) is reported to have said:
{Quote hidden}

Have you looked at these?

http://www.onepasinc.com/bonnie/p1.html

They are very handy and reasonably priced, I think.

Wayne
--
This sentence contradicts itself -- no actually it doesn't.
               -- Hofstadter
_______________________________________________________

2005\09\15@162736 by Stef Mientki

flavicon
face

>
> (I've never understood the pad-per-hole boards either, especially at
> the price it usually commanded.  But that's what was in the stores and
> on the evaluation boards.)
>
I agree the price is very high, but they are enormous handy !!
You can only understand that,
after you've used one with a complex design,
using wirewrapping wire !!

Stef Mientki

2005\09\15@205040 by William Chops Westfield

face picon face
[pad per hole boards]
> I agree the price is very high, but they are enormous handy !! You can
> only understand that, after you've used one with a complex design,
> using wirewrapping wire !!
>
Perhaps.  I always just did plug-in protoboards for quick circuits and
'real' wirewrap for most real things.  I guess there's an art to using
protoboards that I never learned.


>> Yes.  I think that sort of price IS typical.
> In that case I think it is time to alarm your president. Not having
> solder breadboards available at a reasonable price is a serious threat
> to the future of american electronics.

Uh, it's not a new situation.  I was getting sticker-shock back
25 years ago buying blank boards to put WW sockets on.  If anything,
it's gotten better recently (although, with none of the new chips in
DIP packages, it doesn't matter much.)

BillW

2005\09\16@082157 by w d myrick

picon face
John,  check ebay items  7546741669 & 7546741838 (  50 BEL101 Phenolic
Prototype Circuit Boards Vintage QRP ) you might be interested.

Derward


----- Original Message -----
From: "John Nall" <KILLspamjwnallKILLspamspamgmail.com>
To: "Microcontroller discussion list - Public." <RemoveMEpiclistTakeThisOuTspammit.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: [PIC] Is there a source for Veroboards??


2005\09\16@102758 by John Nall

picon face
w d myrick wrote:

>John,  check ebay items  7546741669 & 7546741838 (  50 BEL101 Phenolic
>Prototype Circuit Boards Vintage QRP ) you might be interested.
>  
>
Thanks.  Those are interesting, but he seems to expect to get too much
for them!  The starting bid comes out to $2 apiece, and his "Buy Now"
price is $3 apiece (with shipping).   Which might not be too bad except
that you have to take the whole 25 at that price (the two offerings each
have 25 boards).  Plus the wording of the ad is kind of a turnoff for
me.  Someone who wants to do some of those "old projects and plans in
QST" would be better advised to get a circuit board designed specially
for that project.  There is usually a circuit board designed, and
sometimes even a pre-packaged collection of parts, for most of  the
projects published in QST.  (I bought a package which included a PCB and
the parts to build the M+ charge controller, which was less than just
the parts alone would have cost from Radio Shack).

But again, thanks for pointing the items out.  I appreciate it.

John

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2005 , 2006 only
- Today
- New search...