Searching \ for '[PIC] Clock for PIC Controller' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/time.htm?key=clock
Search entire site for: 'Clock for PIC Controller'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] Clock for PIC Controller'
2009\05\31@174613 by ru12

flavicon
face



wackytacky wrote:
>
> I am fairly new to using microcontrollers, and I would like to program one
> to do something for me at certain times of the day. How can I incorporate
> a clock to control when my microcontroller will perform those tasks?
>
> Thanks!
>

here is one approach:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/real-time-clock-module.html

Don...
--
View this message in context: www.nabble.com/Clock-for-PIC-Controller-tp23807115p23807237.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

2009\05\31@185732 by Jinx

face picon face
> wackytacky wrote:
>>
>> I am fairly new to using microcontrollers, and I would like to
>> program one to do something for me at certain times of the
>> day. How can I incorporate a clock to control when my
>> microcontroller will perform those tasks?
>>
>> Thanks!

Just curious - lately I'm not seeing several post originals. See the
replies, obviously

wackytacky, there are many ways to accomplish what you want

For example

- an external clock. This could be a calendar chip, as Don suggests,
or some other reliable source, like mains frequency

- the PIC's primary crystal

- the PIC's Timer1 with a 32kHz crystal

To help further, more information is needed. Is this battery-powered,
what's the budget, which PIC, how accurate (presumably fairly good
in the long term) does the timer need to be, etc etc etc

2009\05\31@210158 by solarwind

picon face
On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 5:45 PM, ru12 <spam_OUTsupport2009TakeThisOuTspamdontronics.com> wrote:
> wackytacky wrote:
>>
>> I am fairly new to using microcontrollers, and I would like to program one
>> to do something for me at certain times of the day. How can I incorporate
>> a clock to control when my microcontroller will perform those tasks?
>>
>> Thanks!

Use an RTC (real time clock) chip. Maxim-IC sells and samples them.
Get your free samples.

2009\05\31@230354 by Vitaliy

flavicon
face
Jinx wrote:
> Just curious - lately I'm not seeing several post originals. See the
> replies, obviously

I did not see the OP, either. Maybe wackytacky sent the message directly to
Don?

Vitaliy

2009\05\31@232407 by solarwind

picon face
On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Vitaliy <.....spamKILLspamspam@spam@maksimov.org> wrote:
> I did not see the OP, either. Maybe wackytacky sent the message directly to
> Don?
>
> Vitaliy

It's from nabble.


'[PIC] Clock for PIC Controller'
2009\06\01@004102 by Heinz Czychun
flavicon
face

On 31-May-09, at 11:23 PM, solarwind wrote:

> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Vitaliy <spamspamKILLspammaksimov.org> wrote:
>> I did not see the OP, either. Maybe wackytacky sent the message  
>> directly to
>> Don?
>>
>> Vitaliy
>
> It's from nabble.
> --

       Yes, that was my conclusion. For some reason the OPs don't show up  
until someone on the PICList replies. Weird.

Heinz

2009\06\01@025333 by Vitaliy

flavicon
face
ru12 wrote:
>> I am fairly new to using microcontrollers, and I would like to program
>> one
>> to do something for me at certain times of the day. How can I incorporate
>> a clock to control when my microcontroller will perform those tasks?
>>
>> Thanks!

Some PICs have built-in RTC.

As Jinx has said, if you provide more details, you may get better
suggestions.

Vitaliy

2009\06\01@073131 by olin piclist

face picon face
Jinx wrote:
> Just curious - lately I'm not seeing several post originals. See the
> replies, obviously

Yeah, me too.  I never saw the original to this one either.  The first I was
Don's reply.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2009\06\01@073558 by olin piclist

face picon face
solarwind wrote:
>> I did not see the OP, either. Maybe wackytacky sent the message
>> directly to Don?
>
> It's from nabble.

How does that explain some people on the list seeing the original post and
others not?


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2009\06\01@073605 by olin piclist

face picon face
solarwind wrote:
>> I am fairly new to using microcontrollers, and I would like to
>> program one to do something for me at certain times of the day. How
>> can I incorporate a clock to control when my microcontroller will
>> perform those tasks?
>
> Use an RTC (real time clock) chip. Maxim-IC sells and samples them.
> Get your free samples.

You don't need a external chip.  Most PICs can drive a 32768Hz crystal via
the timer 1 oscillator.  This is designed to be low power.  The PIC can wake
up every second or two, update the time, and check if it's time do perform
whatever action you want.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2009\06\01@074648 by Xiaofan Chen

face picon face
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Olin Lathrop <.....olin_piclistKILLspamspam.....embedinc.com> wrote:
> solarwind wrote:
>>> I did not see the OP, either. Maybe wackytacky sent the message
>>> directly to Don?
>>
>> It's from nabble.
>
> How does that explain some people on the list seeing the original post and
> others not?
>

I am guessing here. The OP and Don both posted through
Nabble. The OP does not subscribe to PIClist or there is something
wrong with the Nabble system, therefore his message
did not go through, only those who use Nabble could see it. The first
reply came from Don since he could read the original post through
Nabble.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com

2009\06\01@120447 by PPA

flavicon
face

Hi,


Don McKenzie wrote:
>
> here is one approach:
> www.dontronics-shop.com/real-time-clock-module.html
>
DS1307 is a good choice for USD$1.36 @ 1k but this small board seems to be
a bit expensive at USD$ 23.94 (same board can be found at a a bit lower
price elsewhere)...

It's so easy to interface a DS1307 on your own board that I don't understand
who would buy a daughter board at this price...

What is so expensive? SMD mounting? Smaller board? The 9 years "long life"
lithium battery? Compare to this old (and bigger) one at USD$ 7.90
http://www.futurlec.com/Mini_DS1307.shtml here ...

I like also DS2417 for USD$0.88 @ 1k, it is 1-wire (TSOC only) and it has an
interrupt feature that may wake-up a PIC...


-----
Best regards,

Philippe.

http://www.pmpcomp.fr Pic Micro Pascal for all!
--
View this message in context: www.nabble.com/Clock-for-PIC-Controller-tp23807115p23817453.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

2009\06\01@123759 by M.L.

flavicon
face
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:04 PM, PPA <EraseMEphilippe.paternottespam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTpmpcomp.fr> wrote:

>
>
> It's so easy to interface a DS1307 on your own board that I don't
> understand
> who would buy a daughter board at this price...
>


People don't just buy things because of price. (cars)
--
Martin K.

2009\06\01@151141 by Don McKenzie

flavicon
face


Heinz Czychun wrote:
>
>
> On 31-May-09, at 11:23 PM, solarwind wrote:
>
>> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Vitaliy <spamspamspam_OUTmaksimov.org> wrote:
>>> I did not see the OP, either. Maybe wackytacky sent the message  
>>> directly to
>>> Don?
>>>
>>> Vitaliy
>>
>> It's from nabble.
>> --
>        Yes, that was my conclusion. For some reason the OPs don't show up  
> until someone on the PICList replies. Weird.
> Heinz
>

yes, I saw it on Nabble and posted from Nabble.

I was an original poster when the piclist first started, when we all
migrated across from the old microchip BBS, and I used to post many times a
day. Lived on this list. :-)

Normally these days, I would be lucky to post 1 or 2 times a year, but
decided to read, then post from Nabble, as I didn't want to read all of the
messages. Simply too many.

My next problem was the piclist not posting my messages, so I have signed up
yet once again, with yet another email address, but I still seem to be
having problems.

Where is the best spot to casually view, and post messages from?

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam




--
View this message in context: www.nabble.com/Clock-for-PIC-Controller-tp23807115p23820221.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

2009\06\01@162953 by Jeff Findley

flavicon
face

"Don McKenzie" <@spam@support2009KILLspamspamdontronics.com> wrote in message
news:KILLspam23820221.postKILLspamspamtalk.nabble.com...
> Where is the best spot to casually view, and post messages from?

I view and post from the Usenet News server: news.gmane.org

Jeff
--
"Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog is finally getting enough cheese" - Deteriorata - National
Lampoon



2009\06\01@174604 by Jinx

face picon face
>> It's from nabble.
>> --
>
> Yes, that was my conclusion. For some reason the OPs don't show
> up until someone on the PICList replies. Weird.

So.... does the PICLister reply open up a wormhole between Universe
PICList and Universe Nabble ? I can't see what the OP is doing on
Nabble but can he see PICList replies like this one ?

Are PICList replies (from people who subscribe to PICList only) to
something that warps through from Nabble, a waste of time because
the Nabble OP ** can't see them ?

** a NOP ? ;-)

2009\06\01@180901 by Bob Blick

face
flavicon
face
Just to keep things on topic, if you need a realtime clock on a PIC you
have several choices, one of the choices you will make is based on power
consumption.

If you don't care about power consumption and a microprocessor crystal
has good enough accuracy for you, then keep track of time yourself with
one of the timers.

If power is an issue, add a 32768 Hz crystal to the secondary
oscillator. If you don't have a secondary oscillator, use a PIC that has
one. Adding an RTC chip seems to me a step back to the 20th century.

But to the real topic, Nabble :) Since I'm an admin, I get to see all
the Nabble messages that don't make it to the Piclist. If I have enough
time and the message looks like it's written by a sentient being,
sometimes I'll reply to the sender with a kind message telling them how
to subscribe to the Piclist. My threshold for "sentient being" is
generally fairly high, but since seeing my reply and then signing up to
the Piclist is another test for them, I quite often give them the
benefit of the doubt and let them know what's going on. Only about 1/3
of them pass the test and actually get a message through.

IMO, Nabble is useful to the people who use it, but generally not useful
to the Piclist because of the degree of confusion it inserts.

Cheerful regards,

Bob


On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:44:59 +1200, "Jinx" <RemoveMEjoecolquittTakeThisOuTspamclear.net.nz>
said:
{Quote hidden}

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - The professional email service

2009\06\01@190239 by Jinx

face picon face
> IMO, Nabble is useful to the people who use it, but generally not
> useful to the Piclist because of the degree of confusion it inserts

Not wishing to string this out but clarification would be appreciated

Does wackytacky, as a Nabble user, see replies that are posted to
PICList by people like me, who subscribe to PICList only ? I ask
because it seems pointless to reply to a thread started in another
forum. For example something like Don's post, which is a reply, is
the first many here would know of a question on Nabble. Which is
where the Nabble-using OP probably assumes it belongs and would
be viewed, not by PICList members. I don't mind responding to a
question but it's wasted effort if the OP never sees it

Is the assumption then that if an initial post in a thread is a reply, it
came from Nabble/PICList dual subscriber ?

2009\06\01@195921 by Bob Blick

face
flavicon
face
On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:02:29 +1200, "Jinx" <spamBeGonejoecolquittspamBeGonespamclear.net.nz>
said:

> Does wackytacky, as a Nabble user, see replies that are posted to
> PICList by people like me, who subscribe to PICList only ?

The Nabble user will see both the replies made to the Piclist by real
Piclist subscribers and also messages, like his own message, that are
stuck inside Nabble. So in this case the original poster has no idea his
message did not make it to the Piclist except if he has been following
our conversation. Which kinda sucks if you ask me.

> I ask
> because it seems pointless to reply to a thread started in another
> forum. For example something like Don's post, which is a reply, is
> the first many here would know of a question on Nabble. Which is
> where the Nabble-using OP probably assumes it belongs and would
> be viewed, not by PICList members. I don't mind responding to a
> question but it's wasted effort if the OP never sees it

The only reason Don saw it was because he saw it on Nabble and the only
reason you saw it was because he replied to it from Nabble and had a
Piclist account so it made it through to the Piclist.

>
> Is the assumption then that if an initial post in a thread is a reply, it
> came from Nabble/PICList dual subscriber ?

Yes. Here is a copy of a signature line so you can identify them later:
View this message in context:
www.nabble.com/Clock-for-PIC-Controller-tp23807115p23820221.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Although some mail readers may filter signatures out or display them in
a special way.

Cheerful regards,

Bob

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                         unladen european swallow

2009\06\02@091333 by olin piclist

face picon face
Bob Blick wrote:
> IMO, Nabble is useful to the people who use it, but generally not
> useful to the Piclist because of the degree of confusion it inserts.

It also seems like people that are only on Nabble want stuff from the
PIClist without becoming part of the community.  It's kindof like "send me a
private reply because I'm not a list member".  No thanks.  Nabble itself
must somehow be subscribed to the list, so why not just delete that address
on the list if it's known?  As you said, Nabble only causes confusion for
real list members.

The real PIClist archives are rather squirrly, but at least they exist.  I
also don't like that conversations within our "community" are out there for
anyone on the internet to search and see, but I recognize there is nothing
in practise that can be done about it.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2009\06\02@091849 by olin piclist

face picon face
Bob Blick wrote:
> The Nabble user will see both the replies made to the Piclist by real
> Piclist subscribers and also messages, like his own message, that are
> stuck inside Nabble. So in this case the original poster has no idea
> his message did not make it to the Piclist except if he has been
> following
> our conversation. Which kinda sucks if you ask me.

It sounds like the real problem is that the Nabble archive allows people to
post to it directly, thereby giving them the impression they have posted to
the PIClist.  Perhaps some people don't even realize Nabble is just
displaying a mail list feed in a forum format (I presume, I've never
actually looked at Nabble).  If Nabble could make their forum read-only with
a note explaining how to join the PIClist, it sounds like it would solve all
the problems.  You'd have to get them to cooperate, of course, but they
probably don't want confused users on their end either.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2009\06\02@094632 by Philippe Paternotte

flavicon
face
This is a test, please don't care...



2009\06\02@142057 by Bob Axtell

face picon face
I believe the DS1307 to be somewhat long of tooth. The ST M41T81S is a
dramatic improvement,  with the ability to finely-adjust the clock,
capture the time/date when the backup battery expired, etc etc.

--Bob A

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM, PPA <TakeThisOuTphilippe.paternotteEraseMEspamspam_OUTpmpcomp.fr> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

> -

2009\06\02@152418 by Don McKenzie

flavicon
face


Olin Lathrop wrote:
>
> Bob Blick wrote:
>> IMO, Nabble is useful to the people who use it, but generally not
>> useful to the Piclist because of the degree of confusion it inserts.
>

I am now again a Piclist member.

However I am posting from Nabble as I can browse at my leisure without
getting all the daily traffic, and easily post from there. (aka here)

Sorry, it has been too many years, and my tool isn't as sharp as it once
was.
Is there a spot where I can view/post to/from the Piclist without getting
all the daily traffic?

Thanks,

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

--
View this message in context: www.nabble.com/Clock-for-PIC-Controller-tp23807115p23839052.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

2009\06\02@165012 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> Is there a spot where I can view/post to/from the Piclist without getting
> all the daily traffic?

read on nabble, write to the email list, but switch all channels off to
reduce your incoming mail?

--

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu

2009\06\02@172523 by Don McKenzie

flavicon
face


Wouter van Ooijen wrote:
>
>> Is there a spot where I can view/post to/from the Piclist without getting
>> all the daily traffic?
>
> read on nabble, write to the email list, but switch all channels off to
> reduce your incoming mail?
>
> Wouter van Ooijen
>
>

Only problem with that Wouter is I have to copy and paste from Nabble to my
Piclist email, if I wish to do a reply with a quote, correct?

Then the threads would be out of sync.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam
--
View this message in context: www.nabble.com/Clock-for-PIC-Controller-tp23807115p23841216.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

2009\06\02@190306 by Bob Blick

face
flavicon
face
Hi Don,

As long as you have a Piclist account, and a Nabble account, and they
have the same email address, you can post from Nabble and the messages
flow through into the Piclist.

Not that this is documented on the Nabble site, as far as I can tell.
They are too edgy and Web 2.0 for that :)

Cheerful regards,

Bob


Don McKenzie wrote:
{Quote hidden}

2009\06\02@192554 by Don McKenzie

flavicon
face


Bob Blick-4 wrote:
>
> Hi Don,
> As long as you have a Piclist account, and a Nabble account, and they
> have the same email address, you can post from Nabble and the messages
> flow through into the Piclist.
> Not that this is documented on the Nabble site, as far as I can tell.
> They are too edgy and Web 2.0 for that :)
> Cheerful regards,
> Bob
>

Thanks Bob, yes seems to be working fine for me now.

I change email addresses every 12 months, so I'll worry about getting in
sync on the 1st of January. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam
--
View this message in context: www.nabble.com/Clock-for-PIC-Controller-tp23807115p23842823.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

2009\06\03@010720 by Vitaliy

flavicon
face
Don McKenzie wrote:
> I change email addresses every 12 months, so I'll worry about getting in
> sync on the 1st of January. :-)

Why?

Also, what's wrong with getting all PicList traffic? Bandwidth?

Vitaliy

2009\06\03@013050 by Don McKenzie

flavicon
face


Don McKenzie wrote:
>> I change email addresses every 12 months, so I'll worry about getting in
>> sync on the 1st of January. :-)

>Why?

It's called Spam:
http://www.dontronics.com/spam

>Also, what's wrong with getting all PicList traffic? Bandwidth?
>Vitaliy

You mean I would have less than a 100 messages a day to sift through?
Which has nothing to do with bandwidth.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam
--
View this message in context: www.nabble.com/Clock-for-PIC-Controller-tp23807115p23845628.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

2009\06\03@020014 by Sean Breheny

face picon face
Hi Don,

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Don McKenzie <RemoveMEsupport2009spamTakeThisOuTdontronics.com> wrote:
>>Also, what's wrong with getting all PicList traffic? Bandwidth?
>>Vitaliy
>
> You mean I would have less than a 100 messages a day to sift through?
> Which has nothing to do with bandwidth.
>

I think he is suggesting that you could simply filter the messages
into a folder and browse it the same way you browse Nabble. They would
remain separate from your regular mail and could be deleted anytime
without risk of losing regular mail. Replying would be as normal, not
via Nabble. It seems that the only reason not to do something like
this would be bandwidth being too low, since it would basically
emulate Nabble, just locally on your PC.

Sean

2009\06\03@024825 by Don McKenzie

flavicon
face


Sean Breheny wrote:
>
> I think he is suggesting that you could simply filter the messages
> into a folder and browse it the same way you browse Nabble. They would
> remain separate from your regular mail and could be deleted anytime
> without risk of losing regular mail. Replying would be as normal, not
> via Nabble. It seems that the only reason not to do something like
> this would be bandwidth being too low, since it would basically
> emulate Nabble, just locally on your PC.
> Sean
>

OH, point taken, thanks Sean,
makes sense.

How many emails a day, do you figure these days?

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

--
View this message in context: www.nabble.com/Clock-for-PIC-Controller-tp23807115p23846261.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

2009\06\03@074512 by olin piclist

face picon face
Don McKenzie wrote:
> Only problem with that Wouter is I have to copy and paste from Nabble
> to my
> Piclist email, if I wish to do a reply with a quote, correct?

So subscribe to PIClist normally and use CTRL-D (or whatever your email
client shortcut is) to delete messages you don't care about.  PIClist is
usually under 100 messages a day.  That should take less than 30 seconds per
day to delete.  I don't see what the problem is.

> Then the threads would be out of sync.

The PICList archive seems to use the subject string, so as long as you
preserve that things should be OK.  Otherwise threading is pretty pointless
for a email list anyway.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2009\06\03@075625 by olin piclist

face picon face
Sean Breheny wrote:
> I think he is suggesting that you could simply filter the messages
> into a folder and browse it the same way you browse Nabble. They would
> remain separate from your regular mail and could be deleted anytime
> without risk of losing regular mail.

Or you can use a separate email address for the PICList.  Outlook Express
has the nice feature of being able to have multiple "identities", and I
imagine other email clients do too.  My PIClist and regular mail is never
confused.  Since valid PIClist posts are always identified with one of a
small number of subject tags, it is particularly easy to delete spam
received by the PIClist email identity.  You could even set up a filter in
your email client to only save messages with one of the PIClist subject tags
you subscribe to.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2009\06\03@080040 by olin piclist

face picon face
Don McKenzie wrote:
> How many emails a day, do you figure these days?

This is a stupid question since you can directly answer it yourself.  Take a
look at the PICList archive, Nabble, or just try it.

By the way, my impression is about 100 on a heavy day.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2009\06\03@082252 by solarwind

picon face
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Don McKenzie <support2009EraseMEspam.....dontronics.com> wrote:

> It's called Spam:
> http://www.dontronics.com/spam
>
> You mean I would have less than a 100 messages a day to sift through?
> Which has nothing to do with bandwidth.

I'm surprised Olin is taking this so lightly. It's called a mailing
list/forum. It's how people help EACH OTHER. It's NOT how one person
posts a message and expects everyone's help and never comes back to
help others and is even so damn lazy to find is his own thread in the
message list. It's not spam. It's called a forum. Just live with it or
keep quiet and find your own solution to such a simple question.

Moderator, please do not reject/delete my message. It's quite valid.

2009\06\03@123635 by Peter Restall

flavicon
face

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 22:30:43 -0700 (PDT), Don McKenzie wrote:

>>Also, what's wrong with getting all PicList traffic? Bandwidth?
>>Vitaliy
>
> You mean I would have less than a 100 messages a day to sift through?
> Which has nothing to do with bandwidth.

I get the digest for that very reason; one big message a day, sometimes two.
Downside is that you're not living on the edge and up-to-the-minute...

Regards,

Pete Restall

2009\06\03@144049 by Vitaliy

flavicon
face

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Restall" <EraseMEpetespamrestall.net>
To: <RemoveMEpiclistEraseMEspamEraseMEmit.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 09:30
Subject: Re: [PIC] Clock for PIC Controller


{Quote hidden}

FWIW, I hate digests.

I just set up a separate folder for piclist, and inside it's broken down by
categories (EE, OT, PIC, etc). That's what mail rules are for.

I read a small fraction of all messages. Over the years, I was able to
develop some discipline and refrain from reading everything and I no longer
get the urgest to reply to every post. :)

Vitaliy

2009\06\03@144233 by Vitaliy

flavicon
face
Philippe Paternotte wrote:
> This is a test, please don't care...

I'm, like, sooo indifferent.  

;-)

2009\06\03@160050 by Don McKenzie

flavicon
face


solarwind wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Don McKenzie <RemoveMEsupport2009spam_OUTspamKILLspamdontronics.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It's called Spam:
>> http://www.dontronics.com/spam
>>
>> You mean I would have less than a 100 messages a day to sift through?
>> Which has nothing to do with bandwidth.
>
> I'm surprised Olin is taking this so lightly. It's called a mailing
> list/forum. It's how people help EACH OTHER. It's NOT how one person
> posts a message and expects everyone's help and never comes back to
> help others and is even so damn lazy to find is his own thread in the
> message list. It's not spam. It's called a forum. Just live with it or
> keep quiet and find your own solution to such a simple question.
>

Sorry, I think I must be either misunderstanding this reply, or the poster
has misunderstood me.

I was asked why I would change my email address each year, and I replied:
> It's called Spam:
> http://www.dontronics.com/spam

this above response had nothing to do with the any mailing list/forum at
all.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/email
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

--
View this message in context: www.nabble.com/Clock-for-PIC-Controller-tp23807115p23858302.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

2009\06\03@163320 by Isaac Marino Bavaresco

flavicon
face
Don McKenzie escreveu:
{Quote hidden}

Solarwind is very silent these days, what happened? Having fun with
FreeRTOS?


__________________________________________________
Faça ligações para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/

2009\06\03@184227 by solarwind

picon face
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Isaac Marino Bavaresco
<EraseMEisaacbavarescospamspamspamBeGoneyahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Solarwind is very silent these days, what happened? Having fun with
> FreeRTOS?

Actually, yes I am. It's working very well for me. Thanks for the
help, by the way.

2009\06\03@191147 by Jinx
face picon face
>> This is a test, please don't care...
>
> I'm, like, sooo indifferent.  

Was going to reply to that but thought, meh


No further correspondence from wacytacky, the Nabble OP for this
thread, so no idea whether he/she/it was helped or any replies/thankyous
were posted

2009\06\04@021554 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> Solarwind is very silent these days, what happened? Having fun with
> FreeRTOS?

it's cyclic, aparently we are at a low:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080609124551.htm

--

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu

2009\06\04@073625 by olin piclist

face picon face
Jinx wrote:
> No further correspondence from wacytacky, the Nabble OP for this
> thread, so no idea whether he/she/it was helped or any replies/thankyous
> were posted

That's another advantage of making people sign up to become a list member
before posting.  The wannabe drive by posters like this guy probably
wouldn't bother.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2009 , 2010 only
- Today
- New search...