Searching \ for '[PIC] 802.11 modules' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: '802.11 modules'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] 802.11 modules'
2007\09\20@114247 by Harold Hallikainen

face
flavicon
face
I've got a couple project where we'd like to send some data over 802.11.
I'm trying a dPac WLNB-AN-DP102-G module, which has an SPI interface.
Supposedly the SPI port can run at 20MHz, but I can see errors appear (msb
of ascii output being set) if I have an SPI clock above 750kHz or so. Then
my throughput through a telnet connection is only about 270kbps.

Has anyone gotten this module to go faster? Can anyone suggest a similar
module that will?

THANKS!

Harold



--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising
opportunities available!

2007\09\20@115609 by Martin Klingensmith

face
flavicon
face
Have you ruled out these errors being caused by improper physical layout?
--
Martin K

Harold Hallikainen wrote:
{Quote hidden}

2007\09\20@120908 by Harold Hallikainen

face
flavicon
face

> Have you ruled out these errors being caused by improper physical layout?
> --
> Martin K


Like ringing on the SPI clock line? I've run in to that issue before.
There, it resulted in data being shifted one bit. Here, watching the logic
analyzer, most ascii data is coming back from the module correctly, but
now and then I see something with the msb set. I GUESS that could be an
ascii character shifted left one bit. I'll have another look to see if
shifting that character one bit right makes it correct. IF there were
ringing, I think the errors would be independent of SPI clock speed and
more related to clock slew rate.

I could be wrong, though (it's happened before!).

Thanks for the comments! Any more?

Harold


--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising
opportunities available!

2007\09\20@121145 by Herbert Graf

flavicon
face
On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 08:42 -0700, Harold Hallikainen wrote:
> I've got a couple project where we'd like to send some data over 802.11.
> I'm trying a dPac WLNB-AN-DP102-G module, which has an SPI interface.
> Supposedly the SPI port can run at 20MHz, but I can see errors appear (msb
> of ascii output being set) if I have an SPI clock above 750kHz or so. Then
> my throughput through a telnet connection is only about 270kbps.
>
> Has anyone gotten this module to go faster? Can anyone suggest a similar
> module that will?

Stupid question, but are you 100% sure you have your SPI parameters
correct?

It sounds like clock polarity might be wrong? TTYL

2007\09\20@122030 by Harold Hallikainen

face
flavicon
face

> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 08:42 -0700, Harold Hallikainen wrote:
>> I've got a couple project where we'd like to send some data over 802.11.
>> I'm trying a dPac WLNB-AN-DP102-G module, which has an SPI interface.
>> Supposedly the SPI port can run at 20MHz, but I can see errors appear
>> (msb
>> of ascii output being set) if I have an SPI clock above 750kHz or so.
>> Then
>> my throughput through a telnet connection is only about 270kbps.
>>
>> Has anyone gotten this module to go faster? Can anyone suggest a similar
>> module that will?
>
> Stupid question, but are you 100% sure you have your SPI parameters
> correct?
>
> It sounds like clock polarity might be wrong? TTYL
>


Their documentation is rather skimpy, but I can see their data changing on
the same edge my data is changing, so I think the clock polarity is
correct.

THANKS!

Harold


--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising
opportunities available!

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2007 , 2008 only
- Today
- New search...