Searching \ for '[PIC] 18F2620 version of Cheap Logic Analzyer is n' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=18F
Search entire site for: '18F2620 version of Cheap Logic Analzyer is n'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC] 18F2620 version of Cheap Logic Analzyer is n'
2010\12\03@132800 by trossin

picon face

I finished up my first version of the 18F2620 cheap logic analyzer (about
$10) which is capable of taking 3936 samples at a 5M sample/second rate
(200ns/sample).  You can find the new project here:

http://www.tedrossin.0sites.net/Electronics/Pic/Pic.html

I added a voltmeter mode where the 5 analog inputs of the PIC are sampled
and displayed on the screen.  I also implemented run length encoding for
transferring the samples in order to get the update rate a bit faster over
the ~10Kbyte/sec serial port.  The PC side software can cleanly update the
PIC firmware so as new versions are available, the changes will not require
pulling the part off the board.

I also created a bootloader for some of the 18F devices that can found on
that page as well.

Let me know if you find problems.

-- View this message in context: old.nabble.com/18F2620-version-of-Cheap-Logic-Analzyer-is-now-available-tp30366567p30366567.html
Sent from the PIC - [PIC] mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

2010\12\03@163151 by Isaac Marino Bavaresco

flavicon
face
Why not using a PIC32 @ 80MIPS+ DMA + 128k RAM + USB ?

Its DMA controller seems to have some sort of pattern recognition that
perhaps can be used as a trigger.

Perhaps 40MS/s or more possible.


Isaac


Em 3/12/2010 16:27, trossin escreveu:
{Quote hidden}

__________________________________________________
Fale com seus amigos  de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger http://br.messenger.yahoo.com

2010\12\04@032401 by Oli Glaser

flavicon
face
On 03/12/2010 21:31, Isaac Marino Bavaresco wrote:
> Why not using a PIC32 @ 80MIPS+ DMA + 128k RAM + USB ?
>
> Its DMA controller seems to have some sort of pattern recognition that
> perhaps can be used as a trigger.
>
> Perhaps 40MS/s or more possible.
>
>
> Isaac
>

I messed about with a PIC32 doing pretty much that a while back (while researching different ideas for cheap scopes) Managed about 25Msps if I recall right. I used a couple of linear assembly routines for the critical bits. I briefly tried the DMA too, worked okay, pretty sure that could be made to work as you say with the pattern recognition etc (I didn't get that far) Ideally, I would use a small FPGA though with some onboard RAM, perfect for this kind of stuff.
Of course for hobby purposes PIC32 and FPGAs are "harder" (In the sense a lot of people just don't touch the fine pitch SMD packages) to deal with, so this is more accessible (I think maybe that was one of the goals)
I have occasionally made use of the PicKit2 Logic Analyser in the past, similar specs I think (maybe a bit slower)
Looks like a nice little project though, sure many people (especially hobbyists, well written up with easily sourced, prototyped parts) would find this very handy...



{Quote hidden}

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2010 , 2011 only
- Today
- New search...