Searching \ for '[PIC]: Splitting a 10F SMD reel. (Was: Problems wi' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'Splitting a 10F SMD reel. (Was: Problems wi'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC]: Splitting a 10F SMD reel. (Was: Problems wi'
2004\09\05@161619 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
Jinx wrote :

> ... Maybe sometime
> in the future an altruist, list or local, will have small
> lots of SMT for sale at a reasonable cost...

Hm, actualy I've been thinking the same. Getting a 3000 reel
and cut it into, let's say, 100 pieces of 30 10F's each. The weight
of the 10F's is probably way less then a (padded) envelope so the
shipping cost would be around $3.00 USD world wide (at least from Sweden).
Probably a total of $30-$35 incl world wide shipping for 30 units. That would
leave a few $'s for the "handling", but that would not be pure altruistic, right :-) :-)

Maybe accompanied by a few SOT->DIP converters for breadboarding... !?

Now, are the 10F's available on a full reel from *anyone*, Microchip
or not  ??

Regards,
Jan-Erik.
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\05@165655 by Josh Koffman

face picon face
I'd be happy to help out with North American distribution if that
helps, Jan-Erik.

Josh
--
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete
fools.
       -Douglas Adams

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:16:18 +0200 (CEST), Jan-Erik Soderholm
<spam_OUTjan-erik.soderholmTakeThisOuTspamtelia.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\05@172411 by Ken Pergola

flavicon
face

Just be aware of the issues detailed in the current PIC10F200/202/204/206
Rev. A Silicon Errata documentation (DS80194B). Maybe those issues will not
be a problem for some people. The errata documentation indicates that the
issues will be resolved in Rev. A1 silicon. I'm not sure if A1 silicon is
shipping now or not...

Best regards,

Ken Pergola


_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\05@184056 by Jinx

face picon face
> The errata documentation indicates that the issues will be
> resolved in Rev. A1 silicon

Thanks Ken, disappointing that A0 has a couple of h/w problems

I was speaking to Arrow NZ about other parts this morning and
enquired about the A0 10F. Apparently that's the one which is
being sampled presently. However, they are expecting an initial
reel that NZ$100 evaluation quantities can be bought from. This
is probably true for all Arrow offices. The bad news is they don't
expect it until Feb 05. The good news is that, being so far off,
their guess is that it will be A1 (if MC fix the silicon by then that is)

===========================

BTW Ken, haven't forgotten about the 18F Flash routines. Got
side-tracked onto other parts of the project but back working
on Flash now




_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\05@184641 by Philip Pemberton

face picon face
In message <.....200409052016.i85KGIP29054KILLspamspam@spam@d1o270.telia.com>>          "Jan-Erik Soderholm" <jan-erik.soderholmspamKILLspamtelia.com> wrote:

> Hm, actualy I've been thinking the same. Getting a 3000 reel
> and cut it into, let's say, 100 pieces of 30 10F's each. The weight
> of the 10F's is probably way less then a (padded) envelope so the
> shipping cost would be around $3.00 USD world wide (at least from Sweden).
> Probably a total of $30-$35 incl world wide shipping for 30 units. That would
> leave a few $'s for the "handling", but that would not be pure altruistic, right :-) :-)

I'd certainly buy a strip of 30 chips, as soon as the "A1" rev silicon is
released that is.

I bet they'd make nice controllers for keyfob-sized displays. I'd be tempted
to use an SMD 16F628A though, if only because of the nanoWatt feature. 3V Li
battery for Vcc, cheapo LCD, 32kHz crystal. I'm still looking for a 10-digit
(8 would be OK, but not ideal) 7-segment LCD with a character height of
around 7mm. I know they exist - I've seen them in calculators; be damned if I
can find a pinout though.

> Maybe accompanied by a few SOT->DIP converters for breadboarding... !?

You've never heard of the "Knife, wire and PCB blank" trick then? Isolate a
few areas on the PCB, solder in some wire, check for shorts and solder down
the chip. Job done :)

Later.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
.....philpemKILLspamspam.....dsl.pipex.com              | ViewFinder, 10BaseT Ethernet, 2-slice,
http://www.philpem.dsl.pipex.com/  | 48xCD, ARCINv6c IDE, SCSI
... Take care of the pennies and the Inland Revenue will take care of the rest.
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\06@160914 by Peter L. Peres

picon face

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Ken Pergola wrote:

>
> Just be aware of the issues detailed in the current PIC10F200/202/204/206
> Rev. A Silicon Errata documentation (DS80194B). Maybe those issues will not
> be a problem for some people. The errata documentation indicates that the
> issues will be resolved in Rev. A1 silicon. I'm not sure if A1 silicon is
> shipping now or not...

thanks for sharing that ... now the $0.70 x reel parts count question:

how does one tell what datecode and revision a sot23 pic is if the reel
label is not available ? What's the marking on them anyway ?

Peter
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\06@163816 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
Peter L. Peres wrote :

> What's the marking on them [10F's in SOT packing] anyway ?

According to the data sheet (DS41239A-page 77) :

"XXNN"

XX =  "Customer specific information"
NN = "Alphanumeric traceability code"

Example (in the data sheet) : "CH17" (?).

(The example for the DIP version says "10F206-I /P017", b.t.w)

The data sheet is a bit unclear here. It also says :
"For QTP devices, any special marking adders are included in QTP price".

Now, the 10F's are not available in QTP packing and it's not clear if that also
is valid for SOT23 packages...

Well, FWIW... :-)
Jan-Erik.
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\06@171930 by olin_piclist

face picon face
Peter L. Peres wrote:
> how does one tell what datecode and revision a sot23 pic is if the
> reel label is not available ? What's the marking on them anyway ?

The 10F206 I have around here are all marked "G6ES", whatever that means.

*****************************************************************
Embed Inc, embedded system specialists in Littleton Massachusetts
(978) 742-9014, http://www.embedinc.com
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\06@172838 by Bob Ammerman

picon face
> The data sheet is a bit unclear here. It also says :
> "For QTP devices, any special marking adders are included in QTP price".
>
> Now, the 10F's are not available in QTP packing and it's not clear if that
also
> is valid for SOT23 packages...
>
> Well, FWIW... :-)
> Jan-Erik.

QTP is not a packaging technology. It stands for "Quick Turn Programmer", a
service offered by mChip to provide preprogrammed flash PICs.

Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems


_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\06@175337 by Bob Ammerman

picon face
----- Original Message -----
From: "Olin Lathrop" <EraseMEolin_piclistspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTembedinc.com>
To: "Microcontroller discussion list - Public." <piclistspamspam_OUTmit.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 5:19 PM
Subject: Re: [PIC]: Splitting a 10F SMD reel. (Was: Problems with timing.)


> Peter L. Peres wrote:
> > how does one tell what datecode and revision a sot23 pic is if the
> > reel label is not available ? What's the marking on them anyway ?
>
> The 10F206 I have around here are all marked "G6ES", whatever that means.



I am going to guess that the "ES" means "Engineering Sample".

Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems


_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\09\07@021732 by Jan-Erik Soderholm

face picon face
Bob Ammerman wrote :

> > Now, the 10F's are not available in QTP packing and it's
> > not clear if that also is valid for SOT23 packages...
> >
> > Well, FWIW... :-)
> > Jan-Erik.
>
> QTP is not a packaging technology. It stands for "Quick Turn
> Programmer", a service offered by mChip to provide
> preprogrammed flash PICs.
>
> Bob Ammerman
> RAm Systems


He he, thanks, that explains it. :-)
(And it was also explained earlier in the same data sheet, b.t.w.)

Well, well...

:-)

Jan-Erik.
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2004 , 2005 only
- Today
- New search...