Searching \ for '[PIC]: SBC found' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'SBC found'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC]: SBC found'
2000\11\03@205724 by Bob Ammerman

picon face
You may remember my message a week or so ago looking for a simple SBC for a
18pin PIC with a MAX232 on it.

I managed to find something that will work quite well: the PIC-an-LCD demo
board from B.G. Micro.

It was intended to be used, with a preprogrammed PIC, as an adapter to drive
an LCD from a RS232 serial port. I just bought the bare board, populated the
XTAL and MAX232 circuitry, added a couple of LED's, burned my own code and,
as they say, Bob's my uncle. (Actually Bob was my father, but they don't say
that).

Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems
(contract development of high performance, high function, low-level
software)

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
"[PIC]:","[SX]:","[AVR]:" =uP ONLY! "[EE]:","[OT]:" =Other "[BUY]:","[AD]:" =Ads




2000\11\04@110350 by Dan Michaels

flavicon
face
Bob Ammerman wrote:
>You may remember my message a week or so ago looking for a simple SBC for a
>18pin PIC with a MAX232 on it.
>

Did you look at the DT101?

http://www.dontronics.com/dt101.html

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics




2000\11\04@120243 by Bob Ammerman

picon face
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Michaels <spam_OUToricomTakeThisOuTspamUSWEST.NET>
To: <.....PICLISTKILLspamspam@spam@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2000 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [PIC]: SBC found


> Bob Ammerman wrote:
> >You may remember my message a week or so ago looking for a simple SBC for
a
> >18pin PIC with a MAX232 on it.
> >
>
> Did you look at the DT101?

Looks good, but now I need a SIMM socket to mount it in, which means I need
a SIMMSTICK motherboard...

Getting pretty complicated.

Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems
(contract development of high performance, high function, low-level
software)

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics




2000\11\04@120908 by Duane Brantley

flavicon
face
Does B.G. Micro have a website or can you give me their phone # so I can
call and get a catalogue.

thanks,

Duane

{Original Message removed}

2000\11\04@123030 by Dan Michaels

flavicon
face
At 11:59 AM 11/04/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>> Did you look at the DT101?
>
>Looks good, but now I need a SIMM socket to mount it in, which means I need
>a SIMMSTICK motherboard...
>

If you look closely, you will see a narrow row of pads in which you
could solder a SIP header. The DT106 has a much better header layout
for non-SIMM mounting, but it accepts only 28/40pin PICs [too many pins
for some - he, he]:

http://www.dontronics.com/dt106.html

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics




2000\11\04@170404 by Bob Ammerman

picon face
> Does B.G. Micro have a website or can you give me their phone # so I can
> call and get a catalogue.

http://www.bgmicro.com

A little extra info about the "PIC-an-LCD" demo board that I ended up using.
For some reason the design does _not_ include caps for the crystal. My 7+
MHz crystal was only generating about 1V P-P until I soldered a couple of
22pf caps on the bottom of the board. It took a little doing to avoid having
it look really 'klugey' but it isn't too bad.

Probably would work fine with a resonator that included caps, if the pin
spacing were right.

Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems
(contract development of high performance, high function, low-level
software)

> thanks,
>
> Duane
>
> {Original Message removed}

2000\11\04@170418 by Bob Ammerman

picon face
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Michaels <oricomspamKILLspamUSWEST.NET>
To: <.....PICLISTKILLspamspam.....MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2000 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [PIC]: SBC found


> At 11:59 AM 11/04/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >> Did you look at the DT101?
> >
> >Looks good, but now I need a SIMM socket to mount it in, which means I
need
> >a SIMMSTICK motherboard...
> >
>
> If you look closely, you will see a narrow row of pads in which you
> could solder a SIP header. The DT106 has a much better header layout
> for non-SIMM mounting, but it accepts only 28/40pin PICs [too many pins
> for some - he, he]:

Ok, I solder on a SIP header. Now instead of a SIMMSTICK motherboard I need
some kind of board with a row of socket pins on it. No help I'm afraid.

Bob Ammerman
RAm Systems
(contract development of high performance, high function, low-level
software)

> http://www.dontronics.com/dt106.html
>
> --
> http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
> (like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics
>
>
>
>

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics




2000\11\06@052743 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>as they say, Bob's my uncle. (Actually Bob was my father,
>but they don't say that).

Hmm, I would have thought you would be saying "Bobs my name"...

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
use EraseMElistservspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTmitvma.mit.edu?body=SET%20PICList%20DIGEST




2000\11\06@054850 by D Lloyd

flavicon
face
part 1 1079 bytes content-type:text/plain; charset=us-ascii
I thought the phrase was, "......and Bob's your uncle." I wouldn't know,
though, cos I don't have an Uncle Bob, nor do I know if you have an Uncle
Bob (in general) although I think Sarah Connor's son did in Terminator 2.
He also had a dog (not) called Wolfie......but I don't think that has
anything to do with this.
Surreal day.
Dan






(Embedded     "Alan B. Pearce" <A.B.Pearcespamspam_OUTRL.AC.UK>spamspam_OUTMITVMA.MIT.EDU>> image moved   06/11/2000 10:27
to file:
pic30106.pcx)





Please respond to pic microcontroller discussion list
     <
@spam@PICLISTKILLspamspamMITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Sent by:  pic microcontroller discussion list <KILLspamPICLISTKILLspamspamMITVMA.MIT.EDU>


To:   RemoveMEPICLISTTakeThisOuTspamMITVMA.MIT.EDU
cc:
Subject:  Re: [PIC]: SBC found

Security Level:?         Internal


>as they say, Bob's my uncle. (Actually Bob was my father,
>but they don't say that).

Hmm, I would have thought you would be saying "Bobs my name"...

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
use spamBeGonelistservspamBeGonespammitvma.mit.edu?body=SET%20PICList%20DIGEST








part 2 165 bytes content-type:application/octet-stream; (decode)

part 3 135 bytes
--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
use TakeThisOuTlistservEraseMEspamspam_OUTmitvma.mit.edu?body=SET%20PICList%20DIGEST




More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2000 , 2001 only
- Today
- New search...