Searching \ for '[PIC:] Test PIC12F675 on breadboard' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=pic
Search entire site for: 'Test PIC12F675 on breadboard'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[PIC:] Test PIC12F675 on breadboard'
2004\08\31@054446 by Johan Rantala

flavicon
face
Hello everybody!

Does anyone have simple schematics of how to get PIC12F675 running on a
breadboard?

I have tried to configure it with the internal oscillator and then
connected VSS,VDD-pins and then the MCLR-pin with a 4,7k resistor to +5V.
The current is at 0mA when I switch it on...?


Regards,

Johan Rantala
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@055913 by Ake Hedman

flavicon
face
Johan Rantala wrote:

>Hello everybody!
>
>Does anyone have simple schematics of how to get PIC12F675 running on a
>breadboard?
>
>I have tried to configure it with the internal oscillator and then
>connected VSS,VDD-pins and then the MCLR-pin with a 4,7k resistor to +5V.
>The current is at 0mA when I switch it on...?
>
>
>Regards,
>
>Johan Rantala
>_______________________________________________
>http://www.piclist.com
>View/change your membership options at
>http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist
>
>  
>
I have used this circuit and it worked fine.

http://www.vscp.org/download/12f675.jpg

Regards
/Ake



--  ---
Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer)
eurosource, Brattbergavägen 17, 820 50 LOS, Sweden
Phone: (46) 657 413430 Cellular: (46) 73 84 84 102
Company home: http://www.eurosource.se      Kryddor/Te/Kaffe: http://www.brattberg.com
Personal homepage: http://www.eurosource.se/akhe
Automated home: http://www.vscp.org


_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@063711 by Ake Hedman

flavicon
face
Ake Hedman wrote:

{Quote hidden}

Just a short note to the schematics. There are polarized caps used as decoupling caps.....  No need for that.. Use NP instead.

Regards
/Ake

--  ---
Ake Hedman (YAP - Yet Another Programmer)
eurosource, Brattbergavägen 17, 820 50 LOS, Sweden
Phone: (46) 657 413430 Cellular: (46) 73 84 84 102
Company home: http://www.eurosource.se      Kryddor/Te/Kaffe: http://www.brattberg.com
Personal homepage: http://www.eurosource.se/akhe
Automated home: http://www.vscp.org


_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@071627 by Johan Rantala

flavicon
face
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Ake Hedman wrote:

{Quote hidden}

I have now connected VSS to GND, VDD to +5V and to GND via a 0,1uF
capacitor, and the current is still at 0A. Could it be that the error is
in my pic-software?


Regards,

Johan
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@073318 by Ake Hedman

flavicon
face
part 0 45 bytes
his is a multi-part message in MIME format. part 1 5339 bytes content-type:multipart/alternative; boundary="------------010400070208050906070904" (decoded quoted-printable)
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary 2004\08\31@073449 by Byron A Jeff
face picon face
On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 02:16:26PM +0300, Johan Rantala wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Ake Hedman wrote:

> I have now connected VSS to GND, VDD to +5V and to GND via a 0,1uF
> capacitor, and the current is still at 0A. Could it be that the error is
> in my pic-software?

The current isn't really an issue. Depending on the application, the current
can be virtually immeasurable.

Let's roll it back and ask a couple of questions:

1) What's the application?
2) How did you program the part?
3) We already answered how it's wired. Seems to be correct from the description
  above.
4) How are you verifying the operation of the part? Just measuring current
  is insufficient.
5) Have you tried a simple app such as the blinking LED?
6) Do you have any other 675 parts to get with?
7) Can we see a copy of the code you programmed into the part?

More information will help in diagnosing the problem.

BAJ
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@082650 by Johan Rantala

flavicon
face
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Ake Hedman wrote:

{Quote hidden}

It turned out that the breadboard wasn't functioning
correctly so I changed to another one and it works fine now.

Thank you very much Ake(or is it maybe Åke)! :)


Regards,
Johan

_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@084004 by Ake Hedman

flavicon
face
part 0 45 bytes
his is a multi-part message in MIME format. part 1 7080 bytes content-type:multipart/alternative; boundary="------------040209020907040506070200" (decoded quoted-printable)
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary 2004\08\31@090152 by olin_piclist
face picon face
This is getting rediculous.  Could you guys please exercise a little common
sense and courtesy and TRIM POSTS BEFORE REPLYING.  There are many blank
lines, signature lines, and other stuff in the message below that doesn't
need to be replicated everytime someone adds a small reply at the bottom.

Johan Rantala wrote:
{Quote hidden}

*****************************************************************
Embed Inc, embedded system specialists in Littleton Massachusetts
(978) 742-9014, http://www.embedinc.com
_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@091445 by Ake Hedman

flavicon
face
Olin Lathrop wrote:

>This is getting rediculous.  Could you guys please exercise a little common
>sense and courtesy and TRIM POSTS BEFORE REPLYING.  There are many blank
>lines, signature lines, and other stuff in the message below that doesn't
>need to be replicated everytime someone adds a small reply at the bottom.
>
>  
>

A ery good morning to you to Olin..... ;-)

We will try to behave in the future....

/Ake

_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@091830 by Russell McMahon

face
flavicon
face
Gentlemen!
Polite request.
PLEASE remove old essentially irrelevant material from your posts.
5k was rather too long and 10k doubly so for something that could fit in
about 2kB.
(Using HTML doesn't help alas).

I have NO official role whatsoever in such things, but James will be
worrying about bandwidth on behalf of others shortly - lets help him in
advance.

This message is ~=2 kB at this state.


       RM

_______________________

Arguably the last exchange could have been:


> It turned out that the breadboard wasn't functioning
> correctly so I changed to another one and it works fine now.

> Thank you very much Ake(or is it maybe Åke)! :)

Yes, its Åke but there are enough "dots" in the world without me adding one
also..... :-)

Regards
/Ake

_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@095403 by Ake Hedman

flavicon
face
Russell McMahon wrote:
> Gentlemen!
> Polite request.
> PLEASE remove old essentially irrelevant material from your posts.
> 5k was rather too long and 10k doubly so for something that could fit in
> about 2kB.
> (Using HTML doesn't help alas).
>
> I have NO official role whatsoever in such things, but James will be
> worrying about bandwidth on behalf of others shortly - lets help him in
> advance.
>
> This message is ~=2 kB at this state.
>
>
>         RM


HTML off!

The big size on the messages was entirely my fault. Still my bandwidth
use on the piclist compared to others use of the lists total bandwidth
must be rather small even with todays *giant* messages counted... ;-)

But the point is taken.

Regards
/Ake

_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@104327 by William Chops Westfield

face picon face
On Aug 31, 2004, at 2:44 AM, Johan Rantala wrote:

>
> I have tried to configure it with the internal oscillator and then
> connected VSS,VDD-pins and then the MCLR-pin with a 4,7k resistor to
> +5V.
> The current is at 0mA when I switch it on...?
>
that should be all it needs.  How many significant digits in your '0ma'?

BillW

_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

2004\08\31@152810 by Johan Rantala

flavicon
face
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Olin Lathrop wrote:
> This is getting rediculous.  Could you guys please exercise a little common
> sense and courtesy and TRIM POSTS BEFORE REPLYING.  There are many blank

Ok, I'll try to remember it in the future. ;)

--
A: Top Posters
Q: What is the most annoying thing on mailing lists?

_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist


'[PIC:] Test PIC12F675 on breadboard'
2004\09\01@031415 by Wouter van Ooijen
face picon face
> Does anyone have simple schematics of how to get PIC12F675
> running on a
> breadboard?

http://www.voti.nl/blink

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products


_______________________________________________
http://www.piclist.com
View/change your membership options at
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/piclist

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2004 , 2005 only
- Today
- New search...