Searching \ for '[OT]New Zealand and Tonga - slip sliding away' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=new+zealand+tonga
Search entire site for: 'New Zealand and Tonga - slip sliding away'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT]New Zealand and Tonga - slip sliding away'
2011\12\06@135328 by cdb

flavicon
face
The deep Pacific trench to the north of NZ is pulling the underwater volcanoes into a deep sea trench.

Complete with pretty garish graphic colours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16056192

Colin

--
cdb,  on 7/12/2011

2011\12\06@142240 by John Gardner

picon face
That's awesome, Colin. Thanks.

Jac

2011\12\06@180722 by IVP

face picon face

> The deep Pacific trench to the north of NZ is pulling the underwater
> volcanoes into a deep sea trench.
>
> Complete with pretty garish graphic colours.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16056192

Ah, the hole. Mortal enemy of the pile

I feel sorry for those poor volcanoes. Can't we do something

2011\12\06@181242 by Chris Roper

picon face
If the Vulcan's are in trouble Spock will help out :)

On 7 December 2011 01:07, IVP <spam_OUTjoecolquittTakeThisOuTspamclear.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> The deep Pacific trench to the north of NZ is pulling the underwater
>> volcanoes into a deep sea trench.
>> Vulcan's >> Complete with pretty garish graphic colours.
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16056192
>
> Ah, the hole. Mortal enemy of the pile
>
> I feel sorry for those poor volcanoes. Can't we do something ?
>


'[OT]New Zealand and Tonga - slip sliding away'
2012\01\11@180649 by c h
picon face
cdb wrote:
> The deep Pacific trench to the north of NZ is pulling the underwater
> volcanoes into a deep sea trench.
>
> Complete with pretty garish graphic colours.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16056192
>

The link's first picture is quite amazing. It shows that the NE
microplate makes westward 8 sm per year but SW microplate makes only
5.5 sm per year the same direction. How could that happen without the
converging process along the Louisville Ridge?
BBC rocks :-

2012\01\26@011324 by c h

picon face
Does anyone know how to legally get the article

Hayes, D. E., and M. Ewing (1971), The Louisville Ridge—A possible
extention of the Eltanin Fracture Zone, in Antarctic Oceanology I,
Antarct. Res. Ser., vol. 15, edited by J. L. Reid, pp. 223–228, AGU,
Washington, D. C., doi:10.1029/AR015p0223.

Paying fo it is not the option for me.
Thanks.

2012\01\26@105552 by Paul Hutchinson

picon face
> -----Original Message-----
> From: .....piclist-bouncesKILLspamspam@spam@mit.edu On Behalf Of c h
> Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:13 AM
>
> Does anyone know how to legally get the article
>
> Hayes, D. E., and M. Ewing (1971), The Louisville Ridge-A possible
> extention of the Eltanin Fracture Zone, in Antarctic Oceanology I,
> Antarct. Res. Ser., vol. 15, edited by J. L. Reid, pp. 223-228, AGU,
> Washington, D. C., doi:10.1029/AR015p0223.
>
> Paying fo it is not the option for me.
> Thanks.

It's included in the book "Antarctic oceanology, Volume 1" By Dennis E.
Hayes.

Google books has it with free a preview that includes nearly all of the
article. It appears the only thing missing from the free preview is the
final page of references.

The book was fifth in a Google search for: The Louisville Ridge-A possible
extention of the Eltanin Fracture Zone

Paul Hutch

2012\01\26@153602 by c h

picon face
Paul Hutchinson wrote:
{Quote hidden}

This list is great. I did do a very close search, but did not see the
link. That's probably due to the hyphen / minus / en dash / em dash
confusion in the title..

The phrase
"THE LOUISVILLE RIDGE— A POSSIBLE EXTENSION OF THE ELTANIN"
gets the link on the top.

Thank you
(and thanks to GOOGLE :-)

--

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2012 , 2013 only
- Today
- New search...