Searching \ for '[OT] happy new yaer 2006, in NZ comes first !' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=happy+new+yaer+2006
Search entire site for: 'happy new yaer 2006, in NZ comes first !'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT] happy new yaer 2006, in NZ comes first !'
2005\12\31@051315 by Vasile Surducan

face picon face
Happy new year to Russel, Joe (Jinx) and other NZ piclisters.
Less than one hour left ehh ?
A more human 2006 for all the earth peoples.
Happyness and freedom. Health an prosperity.

cheers,
Vasile

2005\12\31@053147 by Jinx

face picon face
> cheers,
> Vasile

You too Vasile, have a good one

2005\12\31@055545 by Richard Prosser

picon face
Yes,
Best Wishes from me also - even to the guys in Auckland!

Richard P

On 31/12/05, Jinx <spam_OUTjoecolquittTakeThisOuTspamclear.net.nz> wrote:
> > cheers,
> > Vasile
>
> You too Vasile, have a good one
>
> -

2005\12\31@060341 by Jinx

face picon face

> Best Wishes from me also - even to the guys in Auckland!
>
> Richard P

Ha ! Now, where're my Post-its ?  ;-)))

2005\12\31@080712 by Howard Winter

face
flavicon
picon face
Jinx, Russell, Richard, and other kiwis...

Happy New Year!

What did you do with your extra second?  :-)

Cheers from still-in-2005 England,

- Howard


2005\12\31@153322 by Jinx

face picon face
> What did you do with your extra second?  :-)

<shame-faced>

Wasted it. Just dang-diddly wasted it ;-((

2005\12\31@160955 by Dave Tweed

face
flavicon
face
Jinx <.....joecolquittKILLspamspam@spam@clear.net.nz> wrote:
> > What did you do with your extra second?  :-)
>
> <shame-faced>
>
> Wasted it. Just dang-diddly wasted it ;-((

Not yet, you didn't. The extra second happens for everybody at 23:59:60
UTC, which is in about three hours. Make sure you're ready for it!

-- Dave Tweed

2005\12\31@162149 by David VanHorn

picon face
I'm going to watch and see what my radio controlled atomic clock does.

The one that's SO accurate that I have to set it twice a year.
They assumed that everywhere does DST.

2005\12\31@162956 by Neil Baylis

picon face
Me too. I built a GPS clock that displays UTC. It's only 2.5 hours now
until the leap second. Ever since I got the clock working, its little
'leap-second-pending' lamp has been on. The suspense is killing me.

I need to get out more, I guess.

Neil

On 12/31/05, David VanHorn <dvanhornspamKILLspammicrobrix.com> wrote:
> I'm going to watch and see what my radio controlled atomic clock does.
>
> The one that's SO accurate that I have to set it twice a year.
> They assumed that everywhere does DST.
> -

2005\12\31@192816 by Russell McMahon

face
flavicon
face
>> What did you do with your extra second?  :-)
>
> <shame-faced>
>
> Wasted it. Just dang-diddly wasted it ;-((

And now he's throwing good seconds after bad.

       RM

2005\12\31@200250 by Wayne Topa

flavicon
face
Neil Baylis(.....neil.baylisKILLspamspam.....gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> Me too. I built a GPS clock that displays UTC. It's only 2.5 hours now
> until the leap second. Ever since I got the clock working, its little
> 'leap-second-pending' lamp has been on. The suspense is killing me.
>
> I need to get out more, I guess.
>

This just came through on the debian-user list.  Might be interesting
to read while your waiting.

From: Neal McBurnett <EraseMEnealspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTbcn.boulder.co.us>

The first leap second since 1998 comes today at 23:59:60 UTC (19:59:60
Eastern Standard Time).  See
http://www.leapsecond.com/notes/leap-watch.htm for some background and
fun things to do then.  See also NIST's leap-second-enabled java
applet at

 http://nist.time.gov/

Happy New Year

Wayne

--
MACINTOSH stands for Most Applications Crash If Not The Operating
System Hangs.
_______________________________________________________

2005\12\31@201629 by Dave Tweed

face
flavicon
face
David VanHorn <dvanhornspamspam_OUTmicrobrix.com> wrote:
> I'm going to watch and see what my radio controlled atomic clock does.

                           _~
So, was it good for you? :-)

My WWVB-based clock threw a bit of a wobbly -- actually jumping *ahead*
by a second a few times, then recovering -- but within 30 minutes it had
settled back into proper synchronization.

Another WWVB clock didn't seem to be getting any signal at all. It was
about 3-4 seconds fast to begin with, and the leap second just made it
worse...

-- Dave Tweed

2005\12\31@202316 by Dave Tweed

face
flavicon
face
Wayne Topa <@spam@linuxoneKILLspamspamintergate.com> wrote:
> This just came through on the debian-user list.  Might be interesting
> to read while your waiting.
>
> From: Neal McBurnett <KILLspamnealKILLspamspambcn.boulder.co.us>
>
> The first leap second since 1998 comes today at 23:59:60 UTC (19:59:60
> Eastern Standard Time).  See
> http://www.leapsecond.com/notes/leap-watch.htm for some background and
> fun things to do then.  See also NIST's leap-second-enabled java
> applet at
>
>   http://nist.time.gov/
>
> Happy New Year
>
> Wayne

He really said that????

The problem is, EST is *five* hours ahead of UTC, not four!
I hope he (or anyone else who cares) didn't miss it...

-- Dave Tweed

2005\12\31@213044 by Wayne Topa

flavicon
face
Dave Tweed(RemoveMEpicTakeThisOuTspamdtweed.com) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa <spamBeGonelinuxonespamBeGonespamintergate.com> wrote:
> > This just came through on the debian-user list.  Might be interesting
> > to read while your waiting.
> >
> > From: Neal McBurnett <TakeThisOuTnealEraseMEspamspam_OUTbcn.boulder.co.us>
> >
> > The first leap second since 1998 comes today at 23:59:60 UTC (19:59:60
> > Eastern Standard Time).  See
> > http://www.leapsecond.com/notes/leap-watch.htm for some background and
> > fun things to do then.  See also NIST's leap-second-enabled java
> > applet at
> >
> >   http://nist.time.gov/
> >
> > Happy New Year
> >
> > Wayne
>
> He really said that????
>
Yep, I pasted it from the original message.  He is in the Mtn time
zone so it's 6 hours for him.

Wayne

--
Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual hardware.  Hardware
has limitations, software doesn't.  It's a real shame that Turing
machines are so poor at I/O.
_______________________________________________________

2005\12\31@214731 by Neil Baylis

picon face
It was a sublime experience. My wife sat on my knee, and I drank a
beer while waiting. The clock read 23:59:59 for two seconds in a row,
and then the 'leap-second-pending' led went out. I wonder if I will
ever see it lit again.

Neil

--
http://www.pixpopuli.com


'[OT] happy new yaer 2006, in NZ comes first !'
2006\01\01@022505 by Richard Prosser
picon face
On 01/01/06, Howard Winter <RemoveMEHDRWspamTakeThisOuTh2org.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Jinx, Russell, Richard, and other kiwis...
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> What did you do with your extra second?  :-)
>


Had a drambuie to follow the scotch tch of course !

RP

2006\01\01@104505 by Dave Tweed

face
flavicon
face
Wayne Topa <linuxoneEraseMEspam.....intergate.com> wrote:
> Dave Tweed(EraseMEpicspamdtweed.com) is reported to have said:
> > Wayne Topa <RemoveMElinuxoneEraseMEspamEraseMEintergate.com> wrote:
> > > From: Neal McBurnett <RemoveMEnealspam_OUTspamKILLspambcn.boulder.co.us>
> > >
> > > The first leap second since 1998 comes today at 23:59:60 UTC (19:59:60
> > > Eastern Standard Time).
> >
> > He really said that????
>
> Yep, I pasted it from the original message.  He is in the Mtn time
> zone so it's 6 hours for him.

Argh! No wonder we're all screwed up!

Just for the record:

            Pacific    Mountain     Central    Eastern    Atlantic

"standard"    UTC-8       UTC-7       UTC-6      UTC-5       UTC-4
(winter)

"daylight     UTC-7       UTC-6       UTC-5      UTC-4       UTC-3
savings"
(summer)

-- Dave Tweed

2006\01\01@134323 by David VanHorn

picon face
>
>             Pacific    Mountain     Central    Eastern    Atlantic
>
> "standard"    UTC-8       UTC-7       UTC-6      UTC-5       UTC-4
> (winter)
>
> "daylight     UTC-7       UTC-6       UTC-5      UTC-4       UTC-3
> savings"
> (summer)



Except for the sanity zones in indiana and arizona that don't do DST.
:)

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2006 , 2007 only
- Today
- New search...