Searching \ for '[OT] calendars contest' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=calendars+contest
Search entire site for: 'calendars contest'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT] calendars contest'
2007\06\19@172536 by James Newtons Massmind

face picon face
Ok, lets have a contest:

Send your sexiest PIC related PCB layouts, PIC code snippets, or finished
product photos (showing a PIC) to me and I will set up a web page where
members can vote on the best. Be sure to include WHY the thing is the best,
what is so special about it, and why PICListers should look at it for a
month next year.

The 12 winners get put on a calendar for 2008 and get a free copy with their
entry printed on it. The full version is then made available via café press
and some percentage of sales support the PICList.

Commercial designs are certainly allowed and this should be a good way to
advertise. I expect preference will be shown for educational and design
related entries. A set of pictures as one entry are also fine.

And I will once again encourage people to share what they have learned NOT
to do as much as what should be done. E.g. a set of PCB layouts pointing out
what was wrong with each one finishing up with the final that actually
worked. Hummm... I may enter in that category <grin>.

Other ideas? Please share.

Deadline is the end of next month (July) so we can vote for a month and get
it out the door in time for fall.

---
James Newton: PICList webmaster/Admin
spam_OUTjamesnewtonTakeThisOuTspampiclist.com  1-619-652-0593 phone
http://www.piclist.com/member/JMN-EFP-786
PIC/PICList FAQ: http://www.piclist.com


2007\06\21@161422 by James Newtons Massmind

face picon face
I've received one REALLY good entry from Peter Todd. You are going to be
most impressed when you see the write up, which I am working on now.

Any others want to toss in the hat? Surly you have some work that you are
most proud of?

---
James.



> {Original Message removed}


'[OT] calendars contest'
2007\07\13@162127 by Barry Gershenfeld
face picon face
6/21/07 :
>I've received one REALLY good entry from Peter Todd. You are going to be
>most impressed when you see the write up, which I am working on now.
>
>Any others want to toss in the hat? Surly you have some work that you are
>most proud of?
>---
>James.

Just getting to this message in my backlog.  Not surly at all :)   I think
if Peter has entered, then the rest of us can go home.  Jokes aside, while
I'm proud of all the PIC stuff I've done, it's all rather ordinary on the
scale of things.  The other problem is that as a firmware guy, most
everything that I've done is invisible!

But there are 11 other months to be filled, no?

Barry


2007\07\13@171656 by alan smith

picon face
bottom line....I just don't have time to take pics or write up what Ive done or doing...and some are protected (in fact..most are) under NDA.

Barry Gershenfeld <.....barry_gKILLspamspam@spam@zmicro.com> wrote:  6/21/07 :
>I've received one REALLY good entry from Peter Todd. You are going to be
>most impressed when you see the write up, which I am working on now.
>
>Any others want to toss in the hat? Surly you have some work that you are
>most proud of?
>---
>James.

Just getting to this message in my backlog. Not surly at all :) I think
if Peter has entered, then the rest of us can go home. Jokes aside, while
I'm proud of all the PIC stuff I've done, it's all rather ordinary on the
scale of things. The other problem is that as a firmware guy, most
everything that I've done is invisible!

But there are 11 other months to be filled, no?

Barry


2007\07\13@200643 by James Newtons Massmind
face picon face
Ask the people who you did the work for if they wouldn't like to buy a few
hours of your time to write up why the product they are selling is better
because of the amazing things you did inside it. No trade secrets need be
revealed, just some pics or code snippets or descriptions.

---
James.



> {Original Message removed}

2007\07\14@054749 by Randy Glenn

picon face
I have a rather impressive (ie large) project to enter, but the photos
of the PICs would have to be insets - SOIC-18s don't show up well in
pictures of 5-foot-long assemblies. Would that be acceptable?

Thanks,

-Randy

On 7/13/07, James Newtons Massmind <jamesnewtonspamKILLspammassmind.org> wrote:
> Ask the people who you did the work for if they wouldn't like to buy a few
> hours of your time to write up why the product they are selling is better
> because of the amazing things you did inside it. No trade secrets need be
> revealed, just some pics or code snippets or descriptions.
>
> ---
> James.
>
>
>
> > {Original Message removed}

2007\07\16@011603 by James Newtons Massmind

face picon face
Sure, that sounds great.

---
James.



{Quote hidden}

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2007 , 2008 only
- Today
- New search...