Searching \ for '[OT] What to see in Boise Idaho' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=what+see+boise+idaho
Search entire site for: 'What to see in Boise Idaho'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT] What to see in Boise Idaho'
2006\07\10@113443 by James Newtons Massmind

face picon face
I, sadly, must go to meet with HP in Boise. What, other than HP, is there in
Boise?

Anything like a science and industry museum? Steam trains? Old boats? Old
cars? Farm tractors, etc... Robots?

I really appreciate any advice...

---
James Newton: PICList webmaster/Admin
spam_OUTjamesnewtonTakeThisOuTspampiclist.com  1-619-652-0593 phone
http://www.piclist.com/member/JMN-EFP-786
PIC/PICList FAQ: http://www.piclist.com


2006\07\10@115951 by alan smith

picon face
medium sized CM there named Computrol.  They used to make fish finders, but sold that off so now just build for others.

James Newtons Massmind <.....jamesnewtonKILLspamspam@spam@massmind.org> wrote:  I, sadly, must go to meet with HP in Boise. What, other than HP, is there in
Boise?

Anything like a science and industry museum? Steam trains? Old boats? Old
cars? Farm tractors, etc... Robots?

I really appreciate any advice...

---
James Newton: PICList webmaster/Admin
jamesnewtonspamKILLspampiclist.com 1-619-652-0593 phone
http://www.piclist.com/member/JMN-EFP-786
PIC/PICList FAQ: http://www.piclist.com

2006\07\10@140322 by Nate Duehr

face
flavicon
face
James Newtons Massmind wrote:
> I, sadly, must go to meet with HP in Boise.

Printers, eh?  ;-)

Nate

2006\07\10@151641 by James Newtons Massmind

face picon face
> James Newtons Massmind wrote:
> > I, sadly, must go to meet with HP in Boise.
>
> Printers, eh?  ;-)
>
> Nate

I wish. HP Printers are still pretty good. This is about drivers... Which...
Ok, I'm not allowed to say it.

---
James.


2006\07\10@155839 by gacrowell

flavicon
face
Lets see,

> a science and industry museum?   No, a children's 'Discovery Center',
interesting but pretty tame.

> Steam trains?  Well, last time I looked there was one on static
display in Julia Davis Park, but behind a chain link fence.  The Boise
Depot is neat 'mission-style' railroad architecture, nicely restored
with gardens and good view of the city (but no train on display).  The
Thunder Mountain Line has a good mountain train ride, but unfortunately
not steam http://www.thundermountainline.com/  It's a couple of hours
away and would consume a day.  There's a place here:
http://www.cascaderaft.com/riverraftrail.asp that combines a train ride
up, with a whitewater raft trip down.  Oh, and MotivePower has a growing
business in Boise manufacturing diesel locomotives.

> Old boats?  Old cars?  Not to my knowledge.  There is a warbirds
aviation museum in Nampa that is pretty neat, and they have regular
fly-ins that attract some really interesting ww2 aircraft:
http://www.warhawkairmuseum.org/

> Farm tractors?  Well, the fellow that sits over the cube wall has
quite a collection of tractors, other heavy equipment, and (large)
diesel engines.  

Other places, interesting but not on any kind of grand scale:  The old
Idaho Penitentiary: http://www.idahohistory.net/oldpen.html  The Idaho
Historical Museum is downtown, and the Idaho Capitol building is ok.
The Egyptian theater is a good restoration of 1920's Egyptian revival
type architecture; now playing "Nacho Libre".

I can get you into Micron Technology, but there's not going to be much
to see but miles of hallways.

Gary Crowell


> {Original Message removed}

2006\07\10@161418 by gacrowell

flavicon
face



> Farm tractors?  Well, the fellow that sits over the cube wall has
> quite a collection of tractors, other heavy equipment, and (large)
> diesel engines.  

... And he'll be glad to talk to you about them for hours.  and hours,
and hours...

>
> I can get you into Micron Technology, but there's not going to be much
> to see but miles of hallways.

And you get a bird's eye view of that when you fly in, if your flight
lands from the east it passes right overhead.


> Gary Crowell
>
>
> > {Original Message removed}

2006\07\10@161824 by Marcel duchamp

picon face
How bout a day trip south to Preston... Yeah, it *is* almost 300 miles
each way, but, dang! You could see Napoleon Dynamites' home town! Gosh!


>> {Original Message removed}

2006\07\10@170134 by alan smith

picon face
you missed it last weekend....they had the "sweet" celebration...moon boot dance competition, etc....

Marcel duchamp <.....marcel.duchampKILLspamspam.....sbcglobal.net> wrote:  How bout a day trip south to Preston... Yeah, it *is* almost 300 miles
each way, but, dang! You could see Napoleon Dynamites' home town! Gosh!


>> {Original Message removed}

2006\07\10@224106 by Nate Duehr

face
flavicon
face

On Jul 10, 2006, at 1:16 PM, James Newtons Massmind wrote:

>> James Newtons Massmind wrote:
>>> I, sadly, must go to meet with HP in Boise.
>>
>> Printers, eh?  ;-)
>>
>> Nate
>
> I wish. HP Printers are still pretty good. This is about drivers...  
> Which...
> Ok, I'm not allowed to say it.

Heh, fair 'nuff.

Oh, to answer your question:  Potato farms?  ;-)

Have fun, at least if it's not raining a lot the weather is nice  
there this time of year.

--
Nate Duehr
EraseMEnatespam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTnatetech.com



More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2006 , 2007 only
- Today
- New search...