Searching \ for '[OT] Restoring vintage Gibson GA-9 guitar amp' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page:
Search entire site for: 'Restoring vintage Gibson GA-9 guitar amp'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT] Restoring vintage Gibson GA-9 guitar amp'
2006\12\18@091035 by Mark E. Skeels

picon face
This old amp has a chrome plated steel control panel that is stamped and

then some kind of ink is put into the depressions for letters, graphics
patterns, etc in the depressions.

Most of the ink is worn away.

Does anyone here know how that is done and what kind of ink to use to
restore the graphics to the front panel?


2006\12\18@101338 by Mark E. Skeels

picon face
Actually, I took a little closer look and graphics on the chassis is
just a silk screen. It's not stamped. So I guess unless I can find a new
silk screen, I'm out of luck.......


Mark E. Skeels wrote:
{Quote hidden}

2006\12\18@153608 by James Newtons Massmind

face picon face
Silk-screens can certainly be made... If you can get a good graphic of the
patterns or re-create them in a computer, any good t-shirt house can make
you a nice screen.


> {Original Message removed}

2006\12\18@172207 by Tony Smith

picon face
I was going to say that there's a wax pencil for doing that sort of thing.

Some print shps will do silk screen.

How about toner transfer?  I'm not sure it will work on steel.  Need more
heat than on copper?


{Quote hidden}

> -

2006\12\18@173322 by Dave King


Look around some of the online Amp shops. They will sell you a new old stock
or reproduction plate for far less than you can do a one off.


{Original Message removed}

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2006 , 2007 only
- Today
- New search...