Searching \ for '[OT] Re: [EE]: Plans for a robot based on the EEE' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=plans+robot+based
Search entire site for: 'Re: [EE]: Plans for a robot based on the EEE'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT] Re: [EE]: Plans for a robot based on the EEE '
2008\04\21@114925 by Vasile Surducan

face picon face
Marcel, maybe you will like this one too:
http://bp3.blogger.com/_KMMqN--1HmE/R8xX4uBf8ZI/AAAAAAAAAQU/GRHvDOE8SwE/s1600-h/chef+d

On 4/21/08, Marcel Duchamp <spam_OUTmarcel.duchampTakeThisOuTspamsbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Plans for a robot based on the EEE PC and python:
>
> http://xkcd.com/
>
> -

2008\04\21@205731 by Apptech

face
flavicon
face
> Marcel, maybe you will like this one too:
> http://bp3.blogger.com/_KMMqN--1HmE/R8xX4uBf8ZI/AAAAAAAAAQU/GRHvDOE8SwE/s1600-h/chef+d

Interesting signature.


       Russell

2008\04\22@000056 by Vasile Surducan

face picon face
On 4/21/08, Apptech <.....apptechKILLspamspam@spam@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> > Marcel, maybe you will like this one too:
> > http://bp3.blogger.com/_KMMqN--1HmE/R8xX4uBf8ZI/AAAAAAAAAQU/GRHvDOE8SwE/s1600-h/chef+d
>
> Interesting signature.

One of my nieces blog:
http://ileanasurducan-fr.blogspot.com/
Unfortunately our generation of engineers is ending here. All are
girls and all of them are painting...

>
>
>        Russell
>
> -

2008\04\22@062328 by Peter Todd

flavicon
face
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 09:00:47PM -0700, Vasile Surducan wrote:
{Quote hidden}

If they all paint like that, well, I don't think it's much of a tragedy. :)

- --
http://petertodd.org 'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFIDbb33bMhDbI9xWQRAl0WAKCNoyXHjjtT5iipCZAJwcInLlY+VACfRaF5
DzR1OUrsWGqQd37WNC0FCRQ=
=PWgy
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

2008\04\22@070433 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>If they all paint like that, well, I don't think it's much of a tragedy. :)

That is my reaction too. I rather liked the one in the first link you
posted, but enjoyed the ones in the other link a well. They have definite
talent there, not just for the artistry, but for the 'cartoon story' as
well, in the multiple image ones.

2008\04\22@154428 by Peter Todd

flavicon
face
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:56:32AM +0100, Alan B. Pearce wrote:
> >If they all paint like that, well, I don't think it's much of a tragedy. :)
>
> That is my reaction too. I rather liked the one in the first link you
> posted, but enjoyed the ones in the other link a well. They have definite
> talent there, not just for the artistry, but for the 'cartoon story' as
> well, in the multiple image ones.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_KMMqN--1HmE/SAzosI5_oBI/AAAAAAAAAZY/b1MWLCp3CCw/s1600-h/chats+bleus.jpg

This one especially struck me. Watercolor is a very difficult medium to
master, it takes a lot of talent to be able to so consistantly create
features from individual brushstrokes like that. You'd normally see
someone breaking down the figure into abstract strokes and gestures, but
she's *idealized* them really well, combining both the real-derived
features such as the specific anatomy and abstract gestures of movement.

- --
http://petertodd.org 'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFIDj4W3bMhDbI9xWQRAranAJ9RXBh2HEqwA+QlvsZIZ8jeNlRfAwCgo3Z1
JwJqKYoFyp2No1RJYkS4OYs=
=R8G+
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

2008\04\22@234426 by Dave Lagzdin

picon face
On 22/04/2008, Vasile Surducan <.....piclist9KILLspamspam.....gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 4/21/08, Apptech <EraseMEapptechspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTparadise.net.nz> wrote:
> > > Marcel, maybe you will like this one too:
> > >
> bp3.blogger.com/_KMMqN--1HmE/R8xX4uBf8ZI/AAAAAAAAAQU/GRHvDOE8SwE/s1600-h/chef+d
> >
> > Interesting signature.
>
>
> One of my nieces blog:
> http://ileanasurducan-fr.blogspot.com/
> Unfortunately our generation of engineers is ending here. All are
> girls and all of them are painting...
>
>
Is this the girl that did the original JAL characters?
How old was she when those were done?
Dave

2008\04\23@001043 by Vasile Surducan

face picon face
On 4/22/08, Dave Lagzdin <dtekk.comspamspam_OUTgmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/04/2008, Vasile Surducan <@spam@piclist9KILLspamspamgmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 4/21/08, Apptech <KILLspamapptechKILLspamspamparadise.net.nz> wrote:
> > > > Marcel, maybe you will like this one too:
> > > >
> > bp3.blogger.com/_KMMqN--1HmE/R8xX4uBf8ZI/AAAAAAAAAQU/GRHvDOE8SwE/s1600-h/chef+d
> > >
> > > Interesting signature.
> >
> >
> > One of my nieces blog:
> > http://ileanasurducan-fr.blogspot.com/
> > Unfortunately our generation of engineers is ending here. All are
> > girls and all of them are painting...
> >
> >
> Is this the girl that did the original JAL characters?

Dave, do you mean those:
www.geocities.com/vsurducan/comunity/comunity.html
(click on countries)


> How old was she when those were done?

I think it has 12.

Two nieces and one daughter less for the engineering world...

2008\04\23@022756 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
>> How old was she when those were done?
>
> I think it has 12.
>
> Two nieces and one daughter less for the engineering world...

I'd hate to see them lost to the art world! I still have a small
calendar somewhere :)

For the engineering world I put my hopes on my middle son. 6y now, when
he woke up this morning the first thing he asked was "mommy, can you
give me a new calculation"? He does not know the tables of
multiplication yet (those are learned at ~8y here), but he loves to do 4
x 16, 3 x 17, 451 + 271 etc. Next year his class starts with 1+1...

--

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu

2008\04\23@041434 by Dario Greggio

face picon face
Wouter van Ooijen wrote:


> For the engineering world I put my hopes on my middle son. 6y now, when
> he woke up this morning the first thing he asked was "mommy, can you
> give me a new calculation"? He does not know the tables of
> multiplication yet (those are learned at ~8y here), but he loves to do 4
> x 16, 3 x 17, 451 + 271 etc. Next year his class starts with 1+1...


when I was a little boy, I loved to play with the little calculator, and
play 2x2x2x2 ... and 3x3x3x3x3... and so son, 9x9x9x9x9 ... and watch at
those numbers.
I still remember most power of 2,3, 5 etc... :)

--
Ciao, Dario -- ADPM Synthesis sas -- http://www.adpm.tk

2008\04\24@014732 by Sean Breheny

face picon face
Hehehe, I loved the wonderful mystery of what all those "special"
buttons did, like SIN, COS, LOG, 10^x, SUM, etc.

I also used to love to do a repeated operation and then do as many of
the inverse and see whether the result was the original again. I had
some concept of finite precision :) I also found some calculators
which, when they gave you an overflow error, would allow you to clear
it and continue with the calculation, seemingly with reduced accuracy.

My parents knew not to let me get my hands on a calculator they wanted
to use because I would eventually take it apart. I even once managed
to remove the black epoxy from a chip-on-board package and take out
the die. I must have been about 7 years old. Can't remember how I
managed that - probably prying with a small screwdriver.

Sean


On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 4:13 AM, Dario Greggio <RemoveMEadpm.toTakeThisOuTspaminwind.it> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

> --

2008\04\24@050321 by Dario Greggio

face picon face
Sean Breheny wrote:

> Hehehe, I loved the wonderful mystery of what all those "special"
> buttons did, like SIN, COS, LOG, 10^x, SUM, etc.

yeah :)


> some concept of finite precision :) I also found some calculators
> which, when they gave you an overflow error, would allow you to clear
> it and continue with the calculation, seemingly with reduced accuracy.

yep, true. just press "C/CE" once and you can go on.

My 1st one was the "Datamat" IIRC, by TI... say, 1974-5 ?

--
Ciao, Dario -- ADPM Synthesis sas -- http://www.adpm.tk

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2008 , 2009 only
- Today
- New search...