Searching \ for '[OT] Looking for Decade Voltage Divider Info' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/method/math.htm?key=divide
Search entire site for: 'Looking for Decade Voltage Divider Info'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT] Looking for Decade Voltage Divider Info'
1999\11\28@075343 by Tom Handley

picon face
  I'm trying to find data on the Allen-Bradley FN507 decade voltage
divider. A-B is now part of Rockwell Automation and I can't find anything
related to their earlier passive components on their web site.

  Basically, I'm looking for a precision (+/- 0.01% to 0.1%, low TC)
divider with a 9M/900K/90K/10K resistor chain for use in my PIC-based DAQ
system using the LTC2400 24-Bit A/D. I want the divider on a common
substrate rather than use discretes where the tolerance and TC's would have
to be matched. I'm open to any other vendor. I've searched the web but I've
had a hard time tracking down any decade voltage divider package other than
complete units that are typically found in PMEL labs... Geesh, I should know
where to find this sort of thing but I'm stuck. So many vendors have
`changed hats'... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

  - Tom


------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Handley
New Age Communications
Since '75 before "New Age" and no one around here is waiting for UFOs ;-)

1999\11\28@142237 by Chris Eddy

flavicon
face
Thomas;

Caddock has a complete line of that which you seek.  I have had great
luck with them.

Chris Eddy

Tom Handley wrote:
>
>    Basically, I'm looking for a precision (+/- 0.01% to 0.1%, low TC)
> divider with a 9M/900K/90K/10K resistor chain for use in my PIC-based DAQ

1999\11\28@154714 by William K. Borsum

flavicon
face
At 04:51 AM 11/28/99 -0800, you wrote:
>   I'm trying to find data on the Allen-Bradley FN507 decade voltage
>divider. A-B is now part of Rockwell Automation and I can't find anything
>related to their earlier passive components on their web site.
>
>   Basically, I'm looking for a precision (+/- 0.01% to 0.1%, low TC)
>divider with a 9M/900K/90K/10K resistor chain for use in my PIC-based DAQ
>system using the LTC2400 24-Bit A/D. I want the divider on a common
>substrate rather than use discretes where the tolerance and TC's would have
>to be matched. I'm open to any other vendor. I've searched the web but I've
>had a hard time tracking down any decade voltage divider package other than
>complete units that are typically found in PMEL labs... Geesh, I should know
>where to find this sort of thing but I'm stuck. So many vendors have
>`changed hats'... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Last time I needed one similar device, we ended up having Vishay custom
make it out of their bulk metal film precision resistors.  Ended up with a
binary divider with 7 taps as I recall--$100 or so each for two, and twelve
week lead time. BUT they were .001% with almost 0 TC in a 14 pin DIP
package.  No Free Lunch, I guess.

When you find your part, do tell us--I may need the same thing shortly.
Kelly

William K. Borsum, P.E. -- OEM Dataloggers and Instrumentation Systems
<spam_OUTborsumTakeThisOuTspamdascor.com> & <http://www.dascor.com>San Diego, California, USA

1999\11\28@155746 by TIM

flavicon
face
HELLO KELLY.............. i fixed him up with caddock....it was very early
morning here and when i did see that post i gave him a call off
line.................sorry.................tim
{Original Message removed}

1999\11\30@034404 by Tom Handley

picon face
  Chris (and William), thanks! Tim sent me the URL for Caddock and they
have what I'm looking for.

  - Tom

At 02:21 PM 11/28/99 -0500, Chris Eddy wrote:
{Quote hidden}

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Handley
New Age Communications
Since '75 before "New Age" and no one around here is waiting for UFOs ;-)

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1999 , 2000 only
- Today
- New search...