Searching \ for '[OT] Google are on to Russell' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=google+are+russell
Search entire site for: 'Google are on to Russell'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT] Google are on to Russell'
2007\06\04@014723 by Jinx

face picon face
www.stuff.co.nz/4083096a11.html

OK, I can't actually find "in or around Wakeling Ave" in the
story but..........

I find it quite extraordinary that NZ is in that position. The only
"bombs" that go off around here are the odd misadventures with
clandestine meth labs

2007\06\04@060652 by Russell McMahon

face
flavicon
face
I am ongoingly careful what terms I use in searches.
I am a long time pyromaniac, pyrotechniac, pneumobottliac and more.
Some of my earliest still extant internet posts are on rec.pyrotechnic
(which group I haven't looked at for years.) But I try not to trigger
the ennessase [ :-) ] pattern recognition system accidentally all too
often.

I didn't REALLY expect to be stopped and questioned when I travelled
through the USA in 2003, but if I had been accosted for a wee chat
solely on the basis of my internet history I would not have been
surprised. I am an exceptionally law abiding citizen most of the time
(with perhaps a few milliseconds long exceptions in early November
some years) but I have a wide enough interest base that I could
probably write the articles that those crazed AK NZ North Shore-ites
are seeking. And certainly wouldn't. Such are usually youngsters with
more curiosity than competence. Hopefully so anyway :-)


       R

> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4083096a11.html
>
> OK, I can't actually find "in or around Wakeling Ave" in the
> story but..........
>
> I find it quite extraordinary that NZ is in that position. The only
> "bombs" that go off around here are the odd misadventures with
> clandestine meth labs

2007\06\04@163520 by Goflo

picon face
A few French commandos still at large?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Warrior

---- Jinx <spam_OUTjoecolquittTakeThisOuTspamclear.net.nz> wrote:
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4083096a11.html
>
> OK, I can't actually find "in or around Wakeling Ave" in the
> story but..........
>
> I find it quite extraordinary that NZ is in that position. The only
> "bombs" that go off around here are the odd misadventures with
> clandestine meth labs
>
> --

2007\06\04@185321 by James Newtons Massmind

face picon face
That one still just kills me...

Imagine; You are a world power...

...And you get caught sinking a hippy ship to stop them from interfering
with your development of Weapons of Mass Destruction.  I'm not sure if it is
funnier that they got caught, or that they were seriously worried about the
Rainbow Warrior.

Yes, it's almost as funny as invading a country to stop the development of
WMD's and then finding out there never were any.

Ah... Remember the good old days when we could laugh at the French and not
hear them laughing back at us?

All of us are the same. Wolves for rulers, sheeple for people. Russia had
it's Viet Nam in Afghanistan, Germany had it's Viet Nam in Russia before
that. Now the USA is having it's Viet Nam in Iraq...

3,495 compares well with 58,000 however...

It's enough to make you want to move to Sealand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

---
James.



> {Original Message removed}

2007\06\04@200946 by Dave Lag

picon face
Jinx wrote:
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4083096a11.html
>
> OK, I can't actually find "in or around Wakeling Ave" in the
> story but..........
>
> I find it quite extraordinary that NZ is in that position. The only
> "bombs" that go off around here are the odd misadventures with
> clandestine meth labs
>
 Maybe the ORCs never left after the filming of the movie...

2007\06\04@201038 by Jinx

face picon face
> > A few French commandos still at large?
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Warrior

Is it any surprise that the Frencg national rugby team are in NZ
at this very moment ? I think not. And just exactly why aren't
they any good as rugby players ? Hmmmm, maybe they're not
(gasp) rugby players at all.........

2007\06\05@234507 by Nate Duehr

face
flavicon
face

On Jun 4, 2007, at 4:53 PM, James Newtons Massmind wrote:

> Ah... Remember the good old days when we could laugh at the French  
> and not
> hear them laughing back at us?

:%s/French/anyone/g

Iacocca's new book is excellent reading for those sick of the current  
state of things in the U.S.  Excellent suggestions and insights, very  
hard to implement, however.

> It's enough to make you want to move to Sealand
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Sealand

Or just get involved -- only 49% of eligible voters in the U.S.  
actually participated in the last election.

--
Nate Duehr
.....nateKILLspamspam@spam@natetech.com



More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2007 , 2008 only
- Today
- New search...