Searching \ for '[OT] 418 vs 433 MHz' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=418+433+mhz
Search entire site for: '418 vs 433 MHz'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT] 418 vs 433 MHz'
1998\03\24@152221 by Bob Blick

face
flavicon
face
Does anyone know, offhand, the pros and cons of 418 MHz vs 433 MHz
transmission? Specifically in reference to the choice of Linx Technologies
RF modules and their use in the U.S.

I've heard that ham radio operators don't like 433 MHz clutter, but is 418
MHz a better choice?

Thanks,

Bob

1998\03\24@181733 by Martin R. Green

flavicon
face
AFAIK, one is legal in Europe and the other is legal in the US.  I
can't remember for sure, but I think the 418Mhz one is for the US
market.

CIAO - Martin.

spam_OUTmrgreenTakeThisOuTspamNOSPAMbigfoot.com

To Reply: remove the NOSPAM from the return address.
Stamp out SPAM everywhere!!!

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 11:58:00 -0800, you wrote:

{Quote hidden}

1998\03\24@234015 by Robert McAtee

flavicon
face
Bob you might get your receiver clobbered, (interfered with), at 433 mHz.
It all depends if you live in a ham populated area. The ham band starts at
430 mHz thus you would be up 3 mHz in the ham band. I don't see any
disadvantage of using 418 mHz, but then what do I know? Good luck..==Mac==



At 11:58 AM 3/24/98 -0800, you wrote:
{Quote hidden}

From ==Mac==
of the Great State of TEXAS
.....w5tnjKILLspamspam@spam@camalott.com (Old, old call)
Present call AG5F (for you ARO's)

1998\03\24@235042 by tjaart

flavicon
face
Bob Blick wrote:

> Does anyone know, offhand, the pros and cons of 418 MHz vs 433 MHz
> transmission? Specifically in reference to the choice of Linx Technologies
> RF modules and their use in the U.S.
>
> I've heard that ham radio operators don't like 433 MHz clutter, but is 418
> MHz a better choice?

Generally speaking, 418 carries more traffic, but you get slightly better
concrete penetration. Geez, that didn't help - it only added to the confusion
;)

--
Friendly Regards

Tjaart van der Walt
tjaartspamKILLspamwasp.co.za
_____________________________________________________________
| WASP International http://www.wasp.co.za/~tjaart/index.html |
|       R&D Engineer : GSM peripheral services development    |
|   Vehicle tracking | Telemetry systems | GSM data transfer  |
|    Voice : +27-(0)11-622-8686 | Fax : +27-(0)11-622-8973    |
|              WGS-84 : 26¡10.52'S 28¡06.19'E                 |
|_____________________________________________________________|

1998\03\25@135050 by Zack Cilliers

flavicon
face
Hi Bob!

Even thou both have advantages and
disadvantages it would be best to use
what has been authorised by your country
as a unlicensed Freq. I think only
one of those will be.

Zack
              )|(
            (o o)
-----ooO--(_)--Ooo----

.....spazzmanKILLspamspam.....iname.com

There is no justice.
There is just us.
{Original Message removed}

1998\03\26@192938 by Walter Crauwels

flavicon
face
Hi Bob
Try to use 418Mhz it  you will have less problems with interference
433Mhz is used by HAM Radio with much more power than the LPD devices
If you have interference you can't do anything by law
So try to use 418Mhz as much as possible
Walter
{Original Message removed}

1998\03\26@204624 by Mike Keitz

picon face
On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 15:29:44 +0100 Walter Crauwels
<EraseMERFsolutionspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTVILLAGE.UUNET.BE> writes:
>Hi Bob
>Try to use 418Mhz it  you will have less problems with interference
>433Mhz is used by HAM Radio with much more power than the LPD devices
>If you have interference you can't do anything by law
>So try to use 418Mhz as much as possible

I don't think 418 MHz is legal in the US either.  Devices of this type in
the US operate at 300-315 MHz.


_____________________________________________________________________
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

1998\03\26@221247 by Craig R. Autio

flavicon
face
>I don't think 418 MHz is legal in the US either.  Devices of this type in
>the US operate at 300-315 MHz.

Hi,

Been using 418 MHz in the US for several years for auto security
transmitters.  We made the switch from the 300 MHz region when it was
getting crowded.  We used the SAW resonator from RFM.

Craig

1998\03\26@234737 by Mike Keitz

picon face
On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 22:10:13 -0500 "Craig R. Autio"
<cautiospamspam_OUTEQUINOX.SHAYSNET.COM> writes:

>Been using 418 MHz in the US for several years for auto security
>transmitters.  We made the switch from the 300 MHz region when it was
>getting crowded.  We used the SAW resonator from RFM.

Cool.  I stand corrected.  Didn't know the government was giving away
more bandwidth!


_____________________________________________________________________
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 1998 , 1999 only
- Today
- New search...