Searching \ for '[OT]:N machines' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=machines
Search entire site for: 'N machines'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT]:N machines'
2001\01\26@061154 by Jinx

face picon face
> To my limited knowlege I have never seen Mr Brown
> claim free energy or "over unity" effects, claims
> like that as always made by the feel-good hippy
> energy crowd that have too much excitement and
> not enough training.
>
> -Roman

Has anyone practical experience of de Palma's over-unity
motors/generators ? I was given construction details of one
some time ago and impressed at the apparent simplicity (if it
actually works) but haven't as yet got around to making one. The
plans I have are for a claimed 600% efficiency, ie the generator
on the same shaft as the motor produces 6 times as much
power as the energy needed to run it. If this isn't too good to be
true, why aren't they in general production ? Or will they be ? The
most recent advances in motors I've seen (and I admit to not
looking around that hard) have been more to do with the use
of supercooling ceramic magnets to increase efficiency

This is definitely a sceptics/realists site

http://www.voicenet.com/~eric/dennis4.html

and de Palma's efforts on show

http://depalma.pair.com/index.html

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
spam_OUTpiclist-unsubscribe-requestTakeThisOuTspammitvma.mit.edu


2001\01\26@083904 by mike

flavicon
face
On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:13:34 +1300, you wrote:

>> To my limited knowlege I have never seen Mr Brown
>> claim free energy or "over unity" effects, claims
>> like that as always made by the feel-good hippy
>> energy crowd that have too much excitement and
>> not enough training.
>>
>> -Roman
>
>Has anyone practical experience of de Palma's over-unity
>motors/generators ? I was given construction details of one
>some time ago and impressed at the apparent simplicity (if it
>actually works) ..which of course it doesn't
>but haven't as yet got around to making one. Don't waste your time
>The
>plans I have are for a claimed 600% efficiency, ie the generator
>on the same shaft as the motor produces 6 times as much
>power as the energy needed to run it. If this isn't too good to be
>true, Which of course it is
>why aren't they in general production ? Because it doesn't work - 'Ye canna change the laws of physics
captain'
>Or will they be ? The
>most recent advances in motors I've seen (and I admit to not
>looking around that hard) have been more to do with the use
>of supercooling ceramic magnets to increase efficiency
But not to over 100%, and that's before you look at the energy needed
for cooling.
'Free energy' inventors tend fall into 2 categiories - the misguided
and the fraudulent. The former group tend to have a poor understanding
of the meaning of power measurements, especially in AC systems.

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
.....piclist-unsubscribe-requestKILLspamspam@spam@mitvma.mit.edu


2001\01\26@094600 by Roman Black

flavicon
face
Mike Harrison wrote:

{Quote hidden}

Hmmm, although i'm a big believer in the "energy is never
made, only transformed" concept I do like the idea of
UNUSUAL energy sources, like generating power from the
rotation of the earth, or even from gravity which I
believe will be possible when we understand more about
how to generate or modify it.

I stayed up all night recently with a brainwave on
how to build a generator using the earths rotation and
gyroscopic precession, was very proud of myself. The
next night I searched the net and found a NUMBER of
registered patents for very similar devices. Many
of which had working prototypes. Not really hard to
do, just needed the idea! I would have enjoyed building
it to prove it worked, but what's the point when I
would just be working on another proven generator
with a stupidly low power output. A cheap solar
cell would work better, (but not as conversational).

One thing of note, these generate power through
harnessing the kinetic energy already in the spinning
planet, so if they were cost feasible the use of
large generators *would* slow the planets rotation.
We get enough complaining from the greenies already!! ;o)

I do like peltier devices. Fully solid state, it's
a chunk of silicon that produces electricity when
one side has a temperature differential to the
other. This opens up the possibility of ocean
thermal and land air thermal energy, where the
temperature difference is too small for most
thermal generators that boil steam or ammonia.
Now I just need a few hundred tons of peltiers
and some BIG heatsinks and some garden hose....

-Roman

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
piclist-unsubscribe-requestspamKILLspammitvma.mit.edu


2001\01\26@095424 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>One thing of note, these generate power through
>harnessing the kinetic energy already in the spinning
>planet, so if they were cost feasible the use of
>large generators *would* slow the planets rotation.

trouble is even with 25, 26 , 27 hour days there will still be too much to do.

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
.....piclist-unsubscribe-requestKILLspamspam.....mitvma.mit.edu


More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2001 , 2002 only
- Today
- New search...