Searching \ for '[OT]: Recommended crystals for 16F877' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/devices.htm?key=16F
Search entire site for: 'Recommended crystals for 16F877'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT]: Recommended crystals for 16F877'
2001\01\27@224219 by Jinx

face picon face
> So, Captain Jinx, sir, have "you" ever had any problems with
> getting your xtals to work with PICs?

Well, Camp Follower Michaels, no. Had excellent results - crystals
waved over my PICs have cured arthritis in all legs, confirmed none
are pregnant and predicted wonderfully happy and prosperous
days ahead. Ommmmm.....Ommmmm.....Ommmmm.....

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2001\01\27@231740 by dre Domingos F. Souza

flavicon
face
>> So, Captain Jinx, sir, have "you" ever had any problems with
>> getting your xtals to work with PICs?
>Well, Camp Follower Michaels, no. Had excellent results - crystals
>waved over my PICs have cured arthritis in all legs, confirmed none
>are pregnant and predicted wonderfully happy and prosperous
>days ahead. Ommmmm.....Ommmmm.....Ommmmm.....

       Mummy always said: "Son, don't drink and surf the net..."


--------------8<-------Corte aqui-------8<--------------

       All the best!!!
       Alexandre Souza
       spam_OUTxandinhoTakeThisOuTspaminterlink.com.br
       Linux User #85093

--------------8<-------Corte aqui-------8<--------------

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2001\01\28@061433 by Jinx

face picon face
"don't drink and surf the net..."

Hic !

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2001\01\28@131823 by Dan Michaels

flavicon
face
At 04:43 PM 1/28/01 +1300, you wrote:
>> So, Captain Jinx, sir, have "you" ever had any problems with
>> getting your xtals to work with PICs?
>
>Well, Camp Follower Michaels, no. Had excellent results - crystals
>waved over my PICs have cured arthritis in all legs, confirmed none
>are pregnant and predicted wonderfully happy and prosperous
>days ahead. Ommmmm.....Ommmmm.....Ommmmm.....
>

Well, Captain Jinx, why do "you" suppose so many others have had
so many xtal problems ??? - re, the many past threads on piclist.
Seems to me, anything I have ever plugged in worked first time,
every time. I am totally buffaloed [anglo-american term] by other
people's problems in this area. ???????????

- CFM

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2001\01\28@133037 by shb7

face picon face
LOL! "Anything" worked when you plugged it in? We should
have a contest to see what kind of outrageous things
people can make resonate when attached to a PIC. For
example, I'm thinking of the proverbial (to amateur
radio operators) damp piece of string loaded up with a
transmatch.

Sean

Quoting Dan Michaels <.....oricomKILLspamspam@spam@USWEST.NET>:

> Well, Captain Jinx, why do "you" suppose so many
others have had
> so many xtal problems ??? - re, the many past threads
on piclist.
> Seems to me, anything I have ever plugged in worked
first time,
> every time. I am totally buffaloed [anglo-american
term] by other
> people's problems in this area. ???????????
>
> - CFM
>
> --
> http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can
filter out subtopics
> (like ads or off topics) for you. See
http://www.piclist.com/#topics
>
>
>

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2001\01\28@133711 by David VanHorn

flavicon
face
>
>Well, Captain Jinx, why do "you" suppose so many others have had
>so many xtal problems ??? - re, the many past threads on piclist.
>Seems to me, anything I have ever plugged in worked first time,
>every time. I am totally buffaloed [anglo-american term] by other
>people's problems in this area. ???????????
>
>- CFM

I've noticed this, I've never had a rock problem either.
I do read the spec sheets though :)

--
Where's dave? http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?kc6ete-9

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2001\01\28@134318 by Dan Michaels

flavicon
face
Sean Breheny wrote:
>LOL! "Anything" worked when you plugged it in? We should
>have a contest to see what kind of outrageous things
>people can make resonate when attached to a PIC. For
>example, I'm thinking of the proverbial (to amateur
>radio operators) damp piece of string loaded up with a
>transmatch.


[Only puzzling when not having read the previous sentence or two].

And speaking of damp string transmatches - don't laugh too soon,
young dude - I often use a capacitor made out of 2 short pieces
of wirewrap wire twisted together [otherwise insulated from each
other] to fine-tune my analog circuits.

- CFM


{Quote hidden}

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2001\01\28@135140 by Dan Michaels

flavicon
face
Dave Van Horn wrote:
>>
>>Well, Captain Jinx, why do "you" suppose so many others have had
>>so many xtal problems ??? - re, the many past threads on piclist.
>>Seems to me, anything I have ever plugged in worked first time,
>>every time. I am totally buffaloed [anglo-american term] by other
>>people's problems in this area. ???????????
>>
>>- CFM
>
>I've noticed this, I've never had a rock problem either.
>I do read the spec sheets though :)
>

Gakkk - actually I don't even do that [he said, inviting a heavy
load from above], I always use the same ckt - 2 little 18-22 pF
caps + xtal/resonator.

I have 12-15 different pcbs, and some with an xtal socket for
testing different firmware. Some chips have autobaud detection,
and I have booted them from 1-20 Mhz [w/HS osc] by swapping xtals.
And nairy a glitch. So, these many piclist discussions always amaze
me. Maybe jus lucky, I guess, but after some many pcbs and use of
at least 12 different PICs, you would think the piper would have
caught me by now.

- danM

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2001\01\28@173815 by Jinx

face picon face
> Seems to me, anything I have ever plugged in worked first time,
> every time. I am totally buffaloed [anglo-american term] by other
> people's problems in this area. ???????????

Seriously, never had a xtal not go. I too am Hereford-Jerseyed
(anglo-madeup term). Even reclaimed parts from once-loved
appliances are OK. I can only imagine there is possibly still some
area where tolerances in xtal and tolerances in chip are both
at their limits, causing problems. With 2000 on the list it could
just be Sod's Law, once you've eliminated genuine part selection
error

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2001\01\29@102813 by Wynn Rostek

flavicon
face
> And speaking of damp string transmatches - don't laugh too soon,
> young dude - I often use a capacitor made out of 2 short pieces
> of wirewrap wire twisted together [otherwise insulated from each
> other] to fine-tune my analog circuits.

It's called a gimmic and I've seen them used in televisions that were
designed in the 60's. They are a very cheap way to produce a variable
capacitor with a few pf range.

(Yes, I worked in a television repair shop after school while I was in High
School.)

Wynn

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The PICList is archived three different
ways.  See http://www.piclist.com/#archives for details.


More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2001 , 2002 only
- Today
- New search...