Searching \ for '[OT]: Ideas for car security (extreme!)' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=ideas+car+security
Search entire site for: 'Ideas for car security (extreme!)'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT]: Ideas for car security (extreme!)'
2001\01\26@180841 by Chris Carr

flavicon
face
Transferrred to OT as this could npo longer be considered related to PIC's

Sawn Off shotgun in the boot (trunk) pointing into the passenger compartment
and triggered by the alarm system (obviously with suitable delays etc for
maximum effectiveness). Not my idea I just remember it from a newspaper
report of a court case somewhere in the USA.

Couple of other ideas at

http://www.autotaser.com/Products/AUTOTSR.htm

Of course being in the UK I could possibly suggest that either of the above
could be condoned as they are illegal. And any other device you can think of
which may inhibit or deter a Property Liberation Operative from going about
their business will probably result in you being prosecuted under Health and
Safety at Work Regulations.  :-(

Chris

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
spam_OUTpiclist-unsubscribe-requestTakeThisOuTspammitvma.mit.edu


2001\01\27@093547 by dre Domingos F. Souza

flavicon
face
>a simple but somewhat effective idea is to have the drivers seat mechanically
>(or otherwise) fold forward and lock over the steering wheel upon intrusion (or
>setting the alarm off).

       Preferably with a blade coming out from the head's rest?


--------------8<-------Corte aqui-------8<--------------

       All the best!!!
       Alexandre Souza
       .....xandinhoKILLspamspam@spam@interlink.com.br
       Linux User #85093

--------------8<-------Corte aqui-------8<--------------

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2001\01\27@095339 by Quentin

flavicon
face
You know why all these extreme deterants (erhmm, read that: extreme
inhibits) won't work right?

Because it is not safe for the stupid pleb owner that has to drive the
car!

I mean, would you drive a car knowing that there is a spring loaded
knife sitting under your bud?

Hehe, imagine: You hit a bump; BOING!!!!!

And as far as
I-don't-care-what-happens-to-the-guy-because-he-is-not-suppose-to-be-there-in-the-first-place
thing: Criminals got human rights too, you know.

No, I don't nesesary agree with that but a legal-eagle would just love
you for that!

Quentin

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2001\01\27@103134 by dre Domingos F. Souza

flavicon
face
>BTW - Ju Jitsu translates as 'The Gentle Art'.

       Yep! Tell this to the "pit-bull groups" you find everywhere in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), that uses Jiu Jitsu to smash everyone who is on their path...


--------------8<-------Corte aqui-------8<--------------

       All the best!!!
       Alexandre Souza
       xandinhospamKILLspaminterlink.com.br
       Linux User #85093

--------------8<-------Corte aqui-------8<--------------

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2001\01\27@103142 by dre Domingos F. Souza

flavicon
face
>Sawn Off shotgun in the boot (trunk) pointing into the passenger compartment
>and triggered by the alarm system (obviously with suitable delays etc for
>maximum effectiveness). Not my idea I just remember it from a newspaper
>report of a court case somewhere in the USA.

       Yep. Hope you don't forget to disable the alarm...


--------------8<-------Corte aqui-------8<--------------

       All the best!!!
       Alexandre Souza
       .....xandinhoKILLspamspam.....interlink.com.br
       Linux User #85093

--------------8<-------Corte aqui-------8<--------------

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2001\01\27@103619 by dre Domingos F. Souza

flavicon
face
>I mean, would you drive a car knowing that there is a spring loaded
>knife sitting under your bud?

       Just in the bud? Ahhhh!! :oP

>Hehe, imagine: You hit a bump; BOING!!!!!

       Ops...

>I-don't-care-what-happens-to-the-guy-because-he-is-not-suppose-to-be-there-in-the-first-place
>thing: Criminals got human rights too, you know.

       Yep, they have the human basic right to die...


--------------8<-------Corte aqui-------8<--------------

       All the best!!!
       Alexandre Souza
       EraseMExandinhospam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTinterlink.com.br
       Linux User #85093

--------------8<-------Corte aqui-------8<--------------

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2001\01\27@134804 by Nigel Goodwin

flavicon
face
In message <3A72E0B3.897E08spamspam_OUTicon.co.za>, Quentin <@spam@qscKILLspamspamICON.CO.ZA> writes
>And as far as
>I-don't-care-what-happens-to-the-guy-because-he-is-not-suppose-to-be-there-in-
>the-first-place
>thing: Criminals got human rights too, you know.
>
>No, I don't nesesary agree with that but a legal-eagle would just love
>you for that!

In the UK criminals seem to have more rights than honest citizens!. A
few years ago a friend of mine was getting money out of a bank cash
machine, about 9 o'clock at night. Two young men came up to him and
demanded the money, he refused and one of them threw a punch at him - he
blocked the punch and hit back, the two men ran off. He then went to the
local police station to report the attempted mugging, the police asked
him if the muggers hit him, he replied not as he blocked the punch - the
police then informed him if they made a complaint he would be arrested
and charged with criminal assault!!!.

As a martial arts instructor, and student, we are taught to defend
ourselves, if attacked, by causing the maximum damage with the least
personal risk. Afterwards just leave, on no account report the attack to
the police, and try not to leave any evidence that you were there - we
can soon produce a number of witnesses that you were miles away at the
time :-).
--

Nigel.

       /--------------------------------------------------------------\
       | Nigel Goodwin   | Internet : KILLspamnigelgKILLspamspamlpilsley.co.uk           |
       | Lower Pilsley   | Web Page : http://www.lpilsley.co.uk       |
       | Chesterfield    | Official site for Shin Ki and New Spirit   |
       | England         |                 Ju Jitsu                   |
       \--------------------------------------------------------------/

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2001\01\27@174623 by mike

flavicon
face
On Sat, 27 Jan 2001 16:52:35 +0200, you wrote:

>You know why all these extreme deterants (erhmm, read that: extreme
>inhibits) won't work right?
>
>Because it is not safe for the stupid pleb owner that has to drive the
>car!
>
>I mean, would you drive a car knowing that there is a spring loaded
>knife sitting under your bud?
>
>Hehe, imagine: You hit a bump; BOING!!!!!
>
>And as far as
>I-don't-care-what-happens-to-the-guy-because-he-is-not-suppose-to-be-there-in-the-first-place
>thing: Criminals got human rights too, you know.
In choosing to disregard the human rights of innocent victims, they
forfeit their own. A person's rights to not be robbed, killed etc. are more important
than the rights of the scumbag who violates them.
--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2001\01\31@205853 by steve

flavicon
face
> The "siren" method
> The "shock" method

>         Too bad both of these solutions result in permanent damage and would land
> YOU in jail! :( Oh well. TTYL

I'm not so sure they would.
The siren method is sold as part of vehicle security systems (here
anyway) so it would be reasonable to assume it's OK.*

I can't see that there is much difference between the shock method
and having an electrified fence around a building. If you have a
suitable sign like "Warning - This vehicle uses lethal voltages as a
theft deterent", Darwin's theory takes care of the rest. Probably just
the sign and a small Jacob's ladder on the dash would do the job.

* Recently a city here tried a deterent method by issuing a yellow
windscreen sticker with '25' written on it. The idea was that if the
police saw someone under the age of 25 driving the car, they
should pull it over and check it out. Apparently the car theft rate
dropped substantially until the Human Rights Commission decreed
that it was discriminatory and it had to stop. Yes folks, the
politically correct, trendy, lefty, hippy remnants value the
sensibilities of car theives over car owners. What would they do if
you gave one ear ache ! To the gallows with him.

Steve.


======================================================
Steve Baldwin                Electronic Product Design
TLA Microsystems Ltd         Microcontroller Specialists
PO Box 15-680, New Lynn      http://www.tla.co.nz
Auckland, New Zealand        ph  +64 9 820-2221
email: RemoveMEstevebTakeThisOuTspamtla.co.nz      fax +64 9 820-1929
======================================================

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
spamBeGonepiclist-unsubscribe-requestspamBeGonespammitvma.mit.edu



'[OT]: Ideas for car security (extreme!)'
2001\02\02@004715 by Dave Bell
flavicon
face
Steve Baldwin <TakeThisOuTsteveEraseMEspamspam_OUTTLA.CO.NZ> wrote:

>> The "siren" method
>> The "shock" method

>> YOU in jail! :( Oh well. TTYL

>I'm not so sure they would.
>The siren method is sold as part of vehicle security systems (here
>anyway) so it would be reasonable to assume it's OK.*

Well, the siren is NORMALLY placed outside the passenger compartment, and
is NOT usually one of the high-powered, ear-shattering, emergency vehicle
models!

>I can't see that there is much difference between the shock method
>and having an electrified fence around a building.

Agreed, and there are serious restrictions (at least here in the Land of
The Free) on the use of electrified fences in populated areas...

>* Recently a city here tried a deterent method by issuing a yellow
>windscreen sticker with '25' written on it. The idea was that if the
>police saw someone under the age of 25 driving the car, they
>should pull it over and check it out. Apparently the car theft rate
>dropped substantially until the Human Rights Commission decreed
>that it was discriminatory and it had to stop.

>Yes folks, the politically correct, trendy, lefty, hippy remnants value
>the sensibilities of car theives over car owners.

No. They value more the rights of the INNOCENT under-25 drivers who would
be stopped and harrassed for no reason. As a member of the hippy
generation, I have memories of myself and my friends being stopped and
rousted for what we called "driving while wearing a beard" or the like...
Would you consider it more discriminatory if the po-lice in some small,
all-white town routinely stopped any Black driver, "just to check him
out"?

>What would they do if you gave one ear ache ! To the gallows with him.

Well, no, to the gallows with YOU, for doing it... And in at least some of
the cases under consideration, there may indeed be no legal repercussions.
Remember, O.J. beat the murder raps, and was then successfully sued by the
victims' families!

Dave

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2001\02\02@032638 by Michael Rigby-Jones

flavicon
face
> Steve Baldwin <RemoveMEstevespamTakeThisOuTTLA.CO.NZ> wrote:
>
> >* Recently a city here tried a deterent method by issuing a yellow
> >windscreen sticker with '25' written on it. The idea was that if the
> >police saw someone under the age of 25 driving the car, they
> >should pull it over and check it out. Apparently the car theft rate
> >dropped substantially until the Human Rights Commission decreed
> >that it was discriminatory and it had to stop.
>
> >Yes folks, the politically correct, trendy, lefty, hippy remnants value
> >the sensibilities of car theives over car owners.
>
>
       {Original Message removed}

2001\02\02@052228 by steve

flavicon
face
> Agreed, and there are serious restrictions (at least here in the Land of
> The Free)

By "the Free", I assume you are referring to OJ and car thieves in
this context.

> Would you consider it more discriminatory if the po-lice in some small,
> all-white town routinely stopped any Black driver, "just to check him
> out"?

If the car had a KKK membership sticker on the windshield, I'd call
that suspicious and worthy of closer attention.

Steve.

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2001\02\02@115115 by jamesnewton

face picon face
So far this discussion has been calm, fair and reasoned...

...good points, well made, on all sides...

...but this is a very emotional issue. I'm not terribly comfortable with it
on the PICList.

I'm not going to try to stop the thread, but I am going to monitor it VERY
closely, and I will object and possibly kick off people who make racial or
personal slurs or who do not remain calm or keep their message free of hate.

---
James Newton (PICList Admin #3)
jamesnewtonEraseMEspam.....piclist.com 1-619-652-0593
PIC/PICList FAQ: http://www.piclist.com or .org

"Be intolerant only of intolerance, kill only killers, impede only
destruction."

Eleanor Roosevelt "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people."

Mark Twain "Get the facts first, you can distort them later", "It is far
better to remain silent and appear a fool than to open your mouth and remove
all doubt", "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and
life stands explained. "

Nathaniel Lee on being consigned to a mental institution, circa 17th c.
"They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted
me."

John Stuart Mill, _On Liberty_ "The liberty of the individual must be thus
far limited; he must not make a nuisance of himself to other people." -

Doctor Who, Face of Evil "The very powerful and the very stupid have one
thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they
alter the facts to fit their views... which can be very uncomfortable if you
happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

William James "A great many people think they are thinking when they are
merely rearranging their prejudices."

Spencer Ante "The road of good intentions is paved with Hell."


"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- Maugham


{Original Message removed}

2001\02\02@201446 by Roman Black

flavicon
face
[OT]: Car alarm (HUMOUR)

Mafia car alarm... 5 sticks of dynamite wired to the
ignition with a "disable" switch. If someone tries
to start your engine without operating the switch
first... Boooom!

Heck, if it takes out a car thief there's no evidence
to convict you! And if you have a work associate
(family member?) you don't like...
"Here! Take MY car!!" ;o)

Life's too short to seriously discuss hurting people.
-Roman







James Newton wrote:
{Quote hidden}

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2001\02\02@202454 by Jinx

face picon face
> Life's too short to seriously discuss hurting people.
> -Roman

Certainly short enough for car thieves if we had our way

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2001 , 2002 only
- Today
- New search...