Searching \ for '[OT]: Re: Motorola SPAM' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=motorola+spam
Search entire site for: 'Re: Motorola SPAM'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[OT]: Re: Motorola SPAM'
2000\07\10@171511 by James Paul

flavicon
face
Aren't y'all glad you came around to Microchip and the PIC's?
Not only are the parts competitive as far as price, but the
tools are cheaper, and production quantities of the parts are
available almost immediately.   I probably will not use another
brand of Micro for a long time, as long as Microchip keeps up
their current status or better.

                                            Regards,

                                              Jim




On Mon, 10 July 2000, "Severson, Rob" wrote:

{Quote hidden}

spam_OUTjimTakeThisOuTspamjpes.com

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics

2000\07\10@173143 by Chris Eddy

flavicon
face
Damn, Jim, that is the spirit.  Here Here, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Dead giveaway, what company which makes microprocsessors is having almost no
allocation issues? 7-8 weeks?  One guess, Jim.

Chris Eddy

James Paul wrote:

{Quote hidden}

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics

2000\07\10@174618 by Dan Michaels

flavicon
face
Chris Eddy wrote:
.....
>Dead giveaway, what company which makes microprocsessors is having almost no
>allocation issues? 7-8 weeks?  One guess, Jim.
>

Possibly, it's all a matter of time - and marketing strategy.

Motorola has, what, 150 different versions of their '05 chip
alone. Mchp only has about 30 or 40 "different" chips now - but
the product dev dept is pumping out new ones daily. Once a
company has too many varieties of silicon, then they have to
decide each morning which ones and how many of each they gonna
make today.

BTW, I still can't get my hands on the '87x series.

- DanM

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics

2000\07\10@180111 by James Paul

flavicon
face
Try DigiKey.  They have about 20 or so varieties listed, with at
least 50 or more of each in stock.  Cost runs about $7.00 for the
4 Mhz version to about $12.00 for the 20 Mhz version.  They have
fast delivery too.

                                              Regards,

                                               Jim




On Mon, 10 July 2000, Dan Michaels wrote:

{Quote hidden}

jimspamKILLspamjpes.com

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics

2000\07\10@232913 by Damon Hopkins
flavicon
face
James Paul wrote:
>
>  Aren't y'all glad you came around to Microchip and the PIC's?
>  Not only are the parts competitive as far as price, but the
>  tools are cheaper, and production quantities of the parts are
>  available almost immediately.   I probably will not use another
>  brand of Micro for a long time, as long as Microchip keeps up
>  their current status or better.
>
>                                              Regards,
>
>                                                Jim
I'm sure they will.. you know I'd be willing to bet though I have no
experience with them but Xilinx will probably act ALOT like Microchip..
By reasoning.. they are both come from Kleiner Perkins (Venture Capital
organization) THOSE boys know how to run a business.. Sun, Amazon,
Intuit, AOL, Netscape, Excite, Google, @home........ the list goes on..
I'm not affiliated with them but I sure wish I was... :)

                               Damon Hopkins

--
/-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-\
| http://www.openpic.com  |
| New OpenSource Pic site |
\-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-==-=-/

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2000 , 2001 only
- Today
- New search...