Searching \ for '[EE] free schematic+pcb layout program... "designs' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/pcbs.htm?key=pcb
Search entire site for: 'free schematic+pcb layout program... "designs'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE] free schematic+pcb layout program... "designs'
2010\07\10@142811 by Jesse Lackey

flavicon
face
(reporting with [EE] tag):

...claims to be the most full-featured of free PCB design tools.  No
limitations, can export gerbers, import Eagle libraries & designs:

http://www.designspark.com/

part of a "design portal" type place with reviews of development kits,
other free tools, etc.

Windows only.

more info:
http://www.embedded.com/products/softwaretools/225702304

If anyone gives it a try... please post your impressions.

Cheers,
J

2010\07\10@145459 by Michael Watterson

face picon face
 On 10/07/2010 19:28, Jesse Lackey wrote:
> (reporting with [EE] tag):
>
> ...claims to be the most full-featured of free PCB design tools.  No
> limitations, can export gerbers, import Eagle libraries&  designs:
>
> http://www.designspark.com/
>
> part of a "design portal" type place with reviews of development kits,
> other free tools, etc.
I have used Linear Tech. LT spice a long while
yahoo group with goodies http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/LTspice

A lot of the links are pointless.
e.g. If you are into Analog Devices ARM based Blackfin DSP processor
combo you'd know the blackfin links.

There a few decent things, a lot of trivia.

The FPGA and CPLD stuff is pointless.
 (same reason as Blackfin Sharc)

http://www.designspark.com/search/ec_pk/id%3A%5B*+TO+*%5D?filters=tid:36

2010\07\11@043202 by RussellMc

face picon face
>> http://www.designspark.com/

> A lot of the links are pointless.
> e.g. If you are into Analog Devices ARM based Blackfin DSP processor
> combo you'd know the blackfin links.

Each unto their own taste, apparently :-).

At a glance I find it looks very useful and impressive.
700 odd links to dev kits and similar with ability to subset in
various ways looks useful.
Lack of easily accessible links and need to log in reduces flexibility
but just knowing something exosts is often a good start. eg ST Golden
Dragon evaln kit.


      Russell

2010\07\11@062039 by Michael Watterson

face picon face
 On 11/07/2010 09:31, RussellMc wrote:
>>> http://www.designspark.com/
>> A lot of the links are pointless.
>> e.g. If you are into Analog Devices ARM based Blackfin DSP processor
>> combo you'd know the blackfin links.
> Each unto their own taste, apparently :-).
>
> At a glance I find it looks very useful and impressive.
> 700 odd links to dev kits and similar with ability to subset in
> various ways looks useful.
> Lack of easily accessible links and need to log in reduces flexibility
> but just knowing something exosts is often a good start. eg ST Golden
> Dragon evaln kit.
>
>
>         Russell
I didn't look at the dev kit part  so I may have been hasty.
Also curiously most people  don't seem good at asking search engines the
right questions, in which case this site is much more useful :)

For search engine you have assume it exists until you don't find it.

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2010 , 2011 only
- Today
- New search...