Searching \ for '[EE] SPICE Modeling BJT's' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/ios.htm?key=spi
Search entire site for: 'SPICE Modeling BJT's'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE] SPICE Modeling BJT's'
2007\06\27@192740 by Carlos A. Marcano V.

picon face
Hi, list.

Does anyone know of an internet available guide for extracting BJT's
(and possibly other components) parameters to use them in SPICE models?
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Regards,

Carlos.

2007\06\28@054401 by Richard Prosser

picon face
Hi Carlos,

Have you tried looking up the manufacturers websites for models? TI &
Philips are pretty good & I'm pretty sure Fairchild also has them.
I've got a big file somewhere from TI that has a heap of BJT spice
models in it - (downloaded).

If you need to extract a model from a sample part, it gets a bit more
difficult. Pspice  has a model generator, but it's only available for
diodes in the eval version I use.


RP

On 28/06/07, Carlos A. Marcano V. <spam_OUTc.marcanoTakeThisOuTspamgmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, list.
>
> Does anyone know of an internet available guide for extracting BJT's
> (and possibly other components) parameters to use them in SPICE models?
> Thanks in advance for any pointers.
>
> Regards,
>
> Carlos.
> -

2007\06\28@102239 by Carlos Marcano

picon face
Hi, Richard.


> Have you tried looking up the manufacturers websites for models? TI &
> Philips are pretty good & I'm pretty sure Fairchild also has them.

Yes, I have. The probloem is that I need some relative older and
semi-obscure parts with less probability of obtaining models from the
manufacturer (if they still are in the business!).

> If you need to extract a model from a sample part, it gets a bit more
> difficult. Pspice  has a model generator, but it's only available for
> diodes in the eval version I use.

That is the quid. I am able to obtain the datasheets so I would like
to build the models from them. The problem I am facing is that I can't
find correspondence between some of the parameters from the datasheets
and the models.

By the way, I use LTSpice/SwitcherCAD from Linear Tech.

<http://ltspice.linear.com/software/swcadiii.exe>

It is an EXTREMELY good SPICE simulator. And it is freeware.

Regards,

Carlos.

2007\06\28@104305 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>By the way, I use LTSpice/SwitcherCAD from Linear Tech.

Then it is probably worth asking on their Yahoo group. There are some very
knowledgeable guys there on converting models. You may even find someone has
already done it for the device you want.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LTspice/

2007\06\28@105050 by Clarence Erickson

picon face
Have you tried the LTSpice Yahoo group?
They may be able to help. I see these types of things asked over there all
the time.

Clarence Erickson
.....clarence.ericksonKILLspamspam@spam@gmail.com

On 6/28/07, Carlos Marcano <c.marcanospamKILLspamgmail.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

> -

2007\06\28@120951 by Richard Seriani, Sr.

picon face
Carlos,

Which particular BJT models are you looking for and from which manuafacturer
(if it matters to you)?

Richard Seriani, Sr.

{Original Message removed}

2007\06\28@170110 by Carlos Marcano

picon face
It is a SDT411 part. I can't recall the original manufacturer right
now, I am not at my personal computer right now. I could post that
info later after work.

Regards,

Carlos.

On 28/06/07, Richard Seriani, Sr. <.....richard_s633KILLspamspam.....cox.net> wrote:
> Carlos,
>
> Which particular BJT models are you looking for and from which manuafacturer
> (if it matters to you)?
>
> Richard Seriani, Sr.
>
> {Original Message removed}

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2007 , 2008 only
- Today
- New search...