Searching \ for '[EE] PS2 to USB, was Real men building rockets shi' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=ps2+usb+was+real
Search entire site for: 'PS2 to USB, was Real men building rockets shi'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE] PS2 to USB, was Real men building rockets shi'
2006\09\19@100450 by Tony Smith

picon face

> More likely that my overpriced excessively cheaply made
> keyboard is malfunctioning. I bought a USB/PS2 el cheapo and
> was so disgusted after a day that I bought another elsewhere
> at twice the price. It's twice as good - ie still fairly
> disgusting. I have about 1.37 zillion keyboards here but none
> seem to be USB.
>
>         Russell


PS2 to USB adapter dongles can be had for surprisingly little $$ these days.
Last one I brought was $AU10.  

Got that after I discovered Dell Lattitude (600?) laptops have every port
(even serial & parallel) except PS2.  Odd.

No doubt you have a wide collection of AT to PS2 cables, can't help you with
XT keyboards though.

Tony

2006\09\19@125614 by peter green

flavicon
face

> More likely that my overpriced excessively cheaply made
> keyboard is malfunctioning. I bought a USB/PS2 el cheapo and
> was so disgusted after a day that I bought another elsewhere
> at twice the price. It's twice as good - ie still fairly
> disgusting. I have about 1.37 zillion keyboards here but none
> seem to be USB.
>         Russell

cherry do thier classic line in USB. They have good quality mechanisms and
none of theese horrible media keys.


2006\09\19@130103 by peter green

flavicon
face

> PS2 to USB adapter dongles can be had for surprisingly little $$
> these days.
> Last one I brought was $AU10.
>
i own one of theese but of the two keyboards i tried it with didn't work and
lots of people report problems linking them to kvm switches. can anyone
reccomend any that behave well (good signal timings,5V supply to ps/2
device, full 5V signal levels etc).

> Got that after I discovered Dell Lattitude (600?) laptops have every port
> (even serial & parallel) except PS2.  Odd.
lots of laptops have dropped external ps/2 ports, the systems to make
internal and external appear as one ps/2 device and to allow either a
keyboard,a mouse or a keyboard and a mouse with a special splitter on the
same port were in my experiance quirky at best (especially with hotplugging
or trying to use internal and external at once) and i guess the laptop
makers decided it was easier to just use USB.


More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2006 , 2007 only
- Today
- New search...