Searching \ for '[EE] MOSIS' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/io/serial/spis.htm?key=mosi
Search entire site for: 'MOSIS'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE] MOSIS'
2007\01\30@144814 by Martin Klingensmith

face
flavicon
face
Has anyone here actually designed and had fabricated, a part which was
then used in a device (more than a curiosity)
I'm taking an analog VLSI class and we're going to have some parts made
by MOSIS, and I'm a bit fascinated by it.
--
Martin K

2007\01\30@152522 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> Has anyone here actually designed and had fabricated, a part which was
> then used in a device (more than a curiosity)
> I'm taking an analog VLSI class and we're going to have some
> parts made
> by MOSIS, and I'm a bit fascinated by it.

Not 'me' = myself, but I worked for a project that had an ATM cell
switch done as ASIC. But I was not directly involved. What I recall was
the big bucks involved in getting first silicon, and the frustration of
having to work with the unavoidable bugs.

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu


2007\01\30@153355 by Martin Klingensmith

face
flavicon
face
Wouter van Ooijen wrote:
>> Has anyone here actually designed and had fabricated, a part which was
>> then used in a device (more than a curiosity)
>> I'm taking an analog VLSI class and we're going to have some
>> parts made
>> by MOSIS, and I'm a bit fascinated by it.
>>    
>
> Not 'me' = myself, but I worked for a project that had an ATM cell
> switch done as ASIC. But I was not directly involved. What I recall was
> the big bucks involved in getting first silicon, and the frustration of
> having to work with the unavoidable bugs.
>
> Wouter van Ooijen
>
>  
I suppose that, with the incarnation of high speed high density FPGAs
and super high-speed MCUs, there wouldn't be the same need to fabricate
your own parts. It looks like a lot of fun though.
--
Martin K


'[EE] MOSIS'
2007\02\01@134923 by Jesse Lackey
flavicon
face
I did it in 1990 at Cornell undergrad... a digital design.  It was
essentially a 90+ step state machine to run neural nets, with neural
"weights" stored in off-chip SRAM.  Almost worked.  2 bugs, because
there wasn't time to write a simulator for the complete system.  Alas.
Neat project tho.

J


Martin Klingensmith wrote:
> Has anyone here actually designed and had fabricated, a part which was
> then used in a device (more than a curiosity)
> I'm taking an analog VLSI class and we're going to have some parts made
> by MOSIS, and I'm a bit fascinated by it.
> --
> Martin K

2007\02\01@174306 by Sean Breheny

face picon face
Hi Jesse,

What year did you graduate? I'm also a Cornell grad, 2001.

Sean


On 2/1/07, Jesse Lackey <spam_OUTjsl-mlTakeThisOuTspamcelestialaudio.com> wrote:
> I did it in 1990 at Cornell undergrad... a digital design.  It was
> essentially a 90+ step state machine to run neural nets, with neural
> "weights" stored in off-chip SRAM.  Almost worked.  2 bugs, because
> there wasn't time to write a simulator for the complete system.  Alas.
> Neat project tho.
>
> J
>
>
>

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2007 , 2008 only
- Today
- New search...