Searching \ for '[EE] Low cost Low drop linear regulator?' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=low+cost+low+drop
Search entire site for: 'Low cost Low drop linear regulator?'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE] Low cost Low drop linear regulator?'
2009\10\02@183913 by enkitec

picon face

   Hi,

   For a new design, I need a 3.3V LDO, 100mA máx output. The input
will be 3.9V to 4.1V.

   Have seed the LT1761, but wonder if there are lower cost ones. The
case is not an issue.

   Suggestions, please.

   Thanks,
   Mark Jordan

2009\10\02@184611 by olin piclist

face picon face
enkitec@gmail.com wrote:
>     For a new design, I need a 3.3V LDO, 100mA máx output. The input
> will be 3.9V to 4.1V.
>
>     Have seed the LT1761, but wonder if there are lower cost ones.

You didn't say what it costs, but I like to use the MCP1700.  It is stable
with 0 ESR output caps, with a lot of others aren't.


********************************************************************
Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
(978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.

2009\10\02@185055 by Mark Rages

face picon face
On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 5:39 PM,  <spam_OUTenkitecTakeThisOuTspamgmail.com> wrote:
>
>    Hi,
>
>    For a new design, I need a 3.3V LDO, 100mA máx output. The input
> will be 3.9V to 4.1V.
>
>    Have seed the LT1761, but wonder if there are lower cost ones. The
> case is not an issue.
>
>    Suggestions, please.
>
>    Thanks,
>    Mark Jordan

Have you looked at Microchip's LDOs?

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
Mark Rages, Engineer
Midwest Telecine LLC
.....markragesKILLspamspam@spam@midwesttelecine.com

2009\10\03@010901 by enkitec

picon face
Mark Rages wrote:
{Quote hidden}

   Microchip has the TC1015 that costs 1/3rd of the LT1761 !

   Thanks for the reminder.

   Mark Jordan

2009\10\03@011604 by enkitec
picon face
Olin Lathrop wrote:
> .....enkitecKILLspamspam.....gmail.com wrote:
>  
>>     For a new design, I need a 3.3V LDO, 100mA máx output. The input
>> will be 3.9V to 4.1V.
>>
>>     Have seed the LT1761, but wonder if there are lower cost ones.
>>    
>
> You didn't say what it costs, but I like to use the MCP1700.  It is stable
> with 0 ESR output caps, with a lot of others aren't.
>
>
> ********************************************************************
> Embed Inc, Littleton Massachusetts, http://www.embedinc.com/products
> (978) 742-9014.  Gold level PIC consultants since 2000.
>  

   The MCP1700 costs 1/3rd of the LT1761 (~U$1.00). It would be my
choice, but I also found the TC1015.
   As a bonus, the TC1015 has a shutdown pin I can use. And costs ~30c too.

   Thanks.
   Mark Jordan

2009\10\03@013645 by Jesse Lackey

flavicon
face
I use the Sharp PQ1X331M2ZPH (digikey.com 425-2333-1-ND) in a lot of
designs; SOT-23-5, shutdown pin, 150mA output, OK with ceramic caps,
30c/qty 100.  They have a variety of output voltages available.

J


EraseMEenkitecspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTgmail.com wrote:
{Quote hidden}

>

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2009 , 2010 only
- Today
- New search...