Searching \ for '[EE] Led Guides...' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/displays.htm?key=led
Search entire site for: 'Led Guides...'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE] Led Guides...'
2005\10\25@161402 by Mauricio Jancic

flavicon
face
Hi,
       A couple of weeks ago, I saw an article, pdf perhaps, which explains
how to make good light guides for leds. I cant find any reference to it, and
I don't remember how I get to it. Has anyone ever seen something like that?

       By "light guide" I mean a piece of plastic (for example acrylic)
that guides the light of, usually, a LED and can "guide" it trough curves
and stuff like that using simple optic technics. That reference gave some
pointers on angles, air gaps and things like that...

Regards,


Mauricio Jancic
Janso Desarrollos - Microchip Consultants Program Member
spam_OUTinfoTakeThisOuTspamjanso.com.ar
http://www.janso.com.ar
(54) 11 - 4542 - 3519

2005\10\25@173133 by Marcel Duchamp

picon face
Mauricio Jancic wrote:
> Hi,
>        A couple of weeks ago, I saw an article, pdf perhaps, which explains
> how to make good light guides for leds. I cant find any reference to it, and
> I don't remember how I get to it. Has anyone ever seen something like that?
>
>        By "light guide" I mean a piece of plastic (for example acrylic)
> that guides the light of, usually, a LED and can "guide" it trough curves
> and stuff like that using simple optic technics. That reference gave some
> pointers on angles, air gaps and things like that...

Here's one I found recently...
http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5988-7057EN.pdf

Actual title:

Light Guide Techniques
Using LED Lamps
Application Brief I-003

2005\10\25@181925 by Mauricio Jancic

flavicon
face
The reply from Marcel Duchamp was EXACTLY what I was looking for... Thanks
:)


Mauricio Jancic
Janso Desarrollos - Microchip Consultants Program Member
.....infoKILLspamspam@spam@janso.com.ar
http://www.janso.com.ar
(54) 11 - 4542 - 3519

{Original Message removed}

2005\10\25@182024 by Jinx

face picon face
> Here's one I found recently...
> http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5988-7057EN.pdf

Thanks MC, I've got an LCD which needs back-lighting and
that pdf is really helpful

2005\10\25@183042 by michael brown

picon face
From: "Mauricio Jancic"


> Hi,
> A couple of weeks ago, I saw an article, pdf perhaps, which explains
> how to make good light guides for leds. I cant find any reference to
it, and
> I don't remember how I get to it. Has anyone ever seen something like
that?
>
> By "light guide" I mean a piece of plastic (for example acrylic)
> that guides the light of, usually, a LED and can "guide" it trough
curves
> and stuff like that using simple optic technics. That reference gave
some
> pointers on angles, air gaps and things like that...

Digi-Key sells tons of this stuff.  They call it/them "light pipes".

2005\10\25@192503 by Tony Smith

picon face

>>
>>        By "light guide" I mean a piece of plastic (for example acrylic)
>> that guides the light of, usually, a LED and can "guide" it trough
>> curves
>> and stuff like that using simple optic technics. That reference gave
>> some
>> pointers on angles, air gaps and things like that...
>
> Here's one I found recently...
> http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5988-7057EN.pdf
>
> Actual title:
>
> Light Guide Techniques
> Using LED Lamps
> Application Brief I-003
> --


Is that the one that talks about drilling holes in LEDs so you can insert
a fibre optic cable directly above the chip?

If so, it's highly recommended reading.

Tony

2005\10\26@150253 by Peter

picon face

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Tony Smith wrote:

> Is that the one that talks about drilling holes in LEDs so you can insert
> a fibre optic cable directly above the chip?
>
> If so, it's highly recommended reading.

Just don't try to drill before polishing (filing) the top flat first ...

Peter

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2005 , 2006 only
- Today
- New search...