Searching \ for '[EE] Cheap logic-level Mosfet?' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=cheap+logic+level
Search entire site for: 'Cheap logic-level Mosfet?'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE] Cheap logic-level Mosfet?'
2007\12\05@064609 by Enki

picon face
       Hi,

       I'm looking for a cheap logic-level Mosfet. Low quantity.
       It will be driven by 4V only and the load will be a 1A relay.
       Can be SMD or TH.
       Have looked at IFR but theirs are not cheap.

       Any suggestion?

       Thanks.
       Mark Jordan

2007\12\05@071155 by Xiaofan Chen

face picon face
On Dec 5, 2007 7:45 PM, Enki <spam_OUTenkitecTakeThisOuTspamgmail.com> wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>         I'm looking for a cheap logic-level Mosfet. Low quantity.
>         It will be driven by 4V only and the load will be a 1A relay.
>         Can be SMD or TH.
>         Have looked at IFR but theirs are not cheap.
>

Fairchild has quite some of them in small package.

Xiaofan

2007\12\05@074354 by Forrest W. Christian

flavicon
face
Enki wrote:
>        I'm looking for a cheap logic-level Mosfet. Low quantity.
>        It will be driven by 4V only and the load will be a 1A relay.
>  
I was going to say 2n7000.  They're around $0.15 USD, but I'm not sure
this meets your qualification.  When you say "1A relay" are you saying
that the coil draws 1A?  That is a *big* relay - probably in the
hundred+ amp category.

If you really need a 1A fet, you may want to consider something like an
IRF620 or similar.  If they don't turn on at a low enough voltage, you
can always use a 2n7000 with a resistor in front of the large FET..

I have noticed that the FETs which are labeled "logic level" are
somewhat more expensive.  However, I've also noticed that there are a
lot of FET's (especially at the lower amperage part of the spectrum)
which have a low enough threshold to be directly drivable with logic
level voltages.

-forrest




>        Can be SMD or TH.
>        Have looked at IFR but theirs are not cheap.
>
>        Any suggestion?
>
>        Thanks.
>        Mark Jordan
>
>  

2007\12\05@080144 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>Have looked at IFR but theirs are not cheap.

Zetex http://www.zetex.com/3.0/3-3-1.asp?tcatid=7


2007\12\05@103440 by Matt Pobursky

flavicon
face
On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:45:35 -0200, Enki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a cheap logic-level Mosfet. Low quantity. It will be
> driven by 4V only and the load will be a 1A relay. Can be SMD or TH.
> Have looked at IFR but theirs are not cheap.
>
> Any suggestion?

What kind of Vds(max) rating are you looking for? Any preferred package?
What do you consider "cheap" and in what quantity?

I use tons and tons of Mosfets at all kinds of volumes and ratings. In
general, they are not as inexpensive as "jelly bean" bipolar transistors
but for ease of drive/efficiency/low loss they bring a lot to the table.
There is also a natural "breakover point" between really low resistance/low
voltage Mosfets and a bit highersistance/higher voltage parts that occurs
around 20-25V. In volume (say over 1000 pcs.) you can get some pretty
impressive parts for $0.10-0.15 US.

Matt Pobursky
Maxmum Performance Systems

2007\12\05@190256 by Enki

picon face
On 5 Dec 2007 at 9:32, Matt Pobursky wrote:

{Quote hidden}

       I forgot to mention Vds=30V and "cheap" = lowest cost possible at
some 500 pcs. Package can be any (not BGA).
       
       I liked the Fairchild FDN337N, but still searching.

       http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FD/FDN337N.html

       Thanks for your reply.
       Mark Jordan


More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2007 , 2008 only
- Today
- New search...