Searching \ for '[EE] : Sparkfun sale' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=
Search entire site for: 'Sparkfun sale'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE] : Sparkfun sale'
2010\01\05@100706 by John Chung

picon face
Guys,

Sparkfun on sale this month. 7th Jan. Checkout http://www.sparkfun.com for more details. Please please give me a chance to make 1 order. :)


Thanks,
John




     

2010\01\07@100241 by Grant Tudor

picon face
Did anybody mabage to take advantage of this? I just keep getting a message
that the website "has been temporarily closed while necessary upgrades are
installed and configured". I am figuring it was just a hoax.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 2:06 AM, John Chung <spam_OUTkravnusTakeThisOuTspamyahoo.com> wrote:

{Quote hidden}

> -

2010\01\07@101002 by Mark Rages

face picon face
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Grant Tudor <.....grant.tudorKILLspamspam@spam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did anybody mabage to take advantage of this? I just keep getting a message
> that the website "has been temporarily closed while necessary upgrades are
> installed and configured". I am figuring it was just a hoax.

It was $100 of free stuff to the first 1000 comers.  I'm sure they
passed that mark within an hour or two of midnight.

I think the publicity from the stunt was more than their site could handle.

No, I didn't get anything.  But I did order from sparkfun earlier this
week, because I thought it likely that they would be out of stock of
some items after today.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
Mark Rages, Engineer
Midwest Telecine LLC
markragesspamKILLspammidwesttelecine.com

2010\01\07@101403 by graham foulkes

picon face
Hi There
I just emailed them to check, still awaiting a reply. You never know if its
a ploy or a glitch or a crash!


On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Grant Tudor <.....grant.tudorKILLspamspam.....gmail.com> wrote:

{Quote hidden}

2010\01\07@101707 by M. Adam Davis

face picon face
The sale starts at 11AM EST (8AM PST) - so there's about 45 minutes
until it actually starts.

The website has been completely borked since yesterday afternoon as
thousands of people are trying to set up their shopping carts so they
can checkout within minutes of the free day.

However, they brough the service down 15 minutes ago with the message
you see now - sounds like they are trying to bring more servers
online, or in some other way increase their capacity.

Either way, it's an interesting way to spend $100k on advertising -
looks like it's working.

I doubt I'll get in on it, but my shopping cart is ready to go just in case.

-Adam

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Mark Rages <markragesspamspam_OUTgmail.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

>

2010\01\07@102135 by Bill Krause

flavicon
face
Mark,
The sale starts TODAY at 0900 Mountain Time. That is about 40 minutes from NOW.




________________________________
From: Mark Rages <RemoveMEmarkragesTakeThisOuTspamgmail.com>
To: Microcontroller discussion list - Public. <spamBeGonepiclistspamBeGonespammit.edu>
Sent: Thu, January 7, 2010 7:09:44 AM
Subject: Re: [EE] : Sparkfun sale

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Grant Tudor <TakeThisOuTgrant.tudorEraseMEspamspam_OUTgmail.com> wrote:
> Did anybody mabage to take advantage of this? I just keep getting a message
> that the website "has been temporarily closed while necessary upgrades are
> installed and configured". I am figuring it was just a hoax.

It was $100 of free stuff to the first 1000 comers.  I'm sure they
passed that mark within an hour or two of midnight.

I think the publicity from the stunt was more than their site could handle.

No, I didn't get anything.  But I did order from sparkfun earlier this
week, because I thought it likely that they would be out of stock of
some items after today.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
Mark Rages, Engineer
Midwest Telecine LLC
RemoveMEmarkragesspamTakeThisOuTmidwesttelecine.com

2010\01\07@103248 by Mark Rages

face picon face
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Bill Krause <bbkrauseEraseMEspam.....pacbell.net> wrote:
> Mark,
> The sale starts TODAY at 0900 Mountain Time. That is about 40 minutes from NOW.
>

Ah.  Thank you.  I'll set my alarm!

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
Mark Rages, Engineer
Midwest Telecine LLC
EraseMEmarkragesspammidwesttelecine.com

2010\01\07@104528 by Nathan House

picon face
Is the website down for you guys too? I tried pinging it through the windows
console and no packets got a reply, so it looks like it's completely down..

2010\01\07@105058 by M. Adam Davis

face picon face
They are buckling under the load.  You can refresh every so often and
occasionally it'll come up.  It's only going to get worse, though.

If you don't already have a shopping cart set up it's going to take so
long to choose your items that you might miss it.

Some people are having success filling their carts now, but many
people filled their carts yesterday, and there are over 1500 people on
the IRC channel, so the 1,000 free orders are doubtless going to be
gone in minutes, if not seconds, once 11AM EST rolls around.

-Adam

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Nathan House <RemoveMEnathanpiclistEraseMEspamEraseMEgmail.com> wrote:
> Is the website down for you guys too? I tried pinging it through the windows
> console and no packets got a reply, so it looks like it's completely down..
> -

2010\01\07@105552 by Nathan House

picon face
I had my cart filled two weeks ago ;-)

2010\01\07@105910 by Eric Wolf

picon face
Good luck getting to submit it.  I can't even load the page.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Nathan House <RemoveMEnathanpiclistspam_OUTspamKILLspamgmail.com> wrote:
> I had my cart filled two weeks ago ;-)
> -

2010\01\07@110320 by Nathan House

picon face
I clicked submit two minutes ago, but the page is still loading. Arrrrrg!

2010\01\07@110955 by M. Adam Davis

face picon face
If you've already got stuff in your cart, and you are signed in to the
site (ie, cookie on your computer) then you can go directly to
https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/checkout_shipping.php?refresh=1

To check out.

Unfortunately it's still not coming up for me, but at least you don't
have to go to the homepage, then shopping cart, then checkout when
nothing is loading.

It might not help, but it's probably the only chance one has now...

-Adam

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Eric Wolf <RemoveMEeric.n5ebwTakeThisOuTspamspamgmail.com> wrote:
> Good luck getting to submit it.  I can't even load the page.
>
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Nathan House <EraseMEnathanpiclistspamspamspamBeGonegmail.com> wrote:
>> I had my cart filled two weeks ago ;-)
>> -

2010\01\07@110958 by Eric Wolf

picon face
I can't even get on to log in.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Nathan House <RemoveMEnathanpiclistKILLspamspamgmail.com> wrote:
> I clicked submit two minutes ago, but the page is still loading. Arrrrrg!
> -

2010\01\07@111143 by Ariel Rocholl

flavicon
face
This is like a DoS done on purpose by the very same page owner. I hope the
free ads they got with this initiative surpasses the drawback of having the
web done for long time for actual buyers.

2010/1/7 Nathan House <nathanpiclistSTOPspamspamspam_OUTgmail.com>

> I clicked submit two minutes ago, but the page is still loading. Arrrrrg!
> -

2010\01\07@111338 by Tony Vandiver

flavicon
face
I think I've already wasted $100 of my time trying to get $100 worth of
stuff I don't really need.  Just serves as a reminder that there ain't
no such thing as a free lunch.

Tony


M. Adam Davis wrote:
{Quote hidden}

>> --

2010\01\07@111417 by Nathan House

picon face
Yeah, I keep timing out and refreshing this page:
https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/checkout_shipping.php?refresh=1

Nothing so far, though...

2010\01\07@112142 by Neil Cherry

flavicon
face
On 01/07/2010 11:09 AM, Eric Wolf wrote:
> I can't even get on to log in.
>
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Nathan House <KILLspamnathanpiclistspamBeGonespamgmail.com> wrote:
>> I clicked submit two minutes ago, but the page is still loading. Arrrrrg!

I'm stuck at the last step of checkout (seems to be a 3 stage checkout).

Not good!


--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       EraseMEncherryspamEraseMElinuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
Author of:            Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

2010\01\07@112209 by PICdude

flavicon
face
Similar here (I'll pay for my stuff), but was hoping my robotics kids  
would get through as we're trying to build a Segway and very un-funded  
currently.  Some of those gyros, accelerometers, and motor-speed  
controllers would've really helped.

Cheers,
-Neil.


Quoting Tony Vandiver <@spam@tony@spam@spamspam_OUTtraceelectronics.com>:

> I think I've already wasted $100 of my time trying to get $100 worth of
> stuff I don't really need.  Just serves as a reminder that there ain't
> no such thing as a free lunch.
>
> Tony
>
>


2010\01\07@121708 by Neil Cherry

flavicon
face
Ah screw it, it's not worth the extra effort!

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       spamBeGonencherryspamKILLspamlinuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
Author of:            Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

2010\01\07@123409 by doug metzler

picon face
There's about 6 million college kids hoping you were going to say that :-)

DougM


On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Neil Cherry <.....ncherryspam_OUTspamlinuxha.com> wrote:

> Ah screw it, it's not worth the extra effort!
>
> --
> Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       TakeThisOuTncherry.....spamTakeThisOuTlinuxha.com
> http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
> Author of:      Linux Smart Homes For Dummies
> -

2010\01\07@124801 by Herbert Graf

picon face
On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 09:09 -0600, Mark Rages wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Grant Tudor <TakeThisOuTgrant.tudorKILLspamspamspamgmail.com> wrote:
> > Did anybody mabage to take advantage of this? I just keep getting a message
> > that the website "has been temporarily closed while necessary upgrades are
> > installed and configured". I am figuring it was just a hoax.
>
> It was $100 of free stuff to the first 1000 comers.  I'm sure they
> passed that mark within an hour or two of midnight.
>
> I think the publicity from the stunt was more than their site could handle.
>
> No, I didn't get anything.  But I did order from sparkfun earlier this
> week, because I thought it likely that they would be out of stock of
> some items after today.

All gone, 100k given away, what a waste of time...

2010\01\07@125228 by Neil Cherry

flavicon
face
On 01/07/2010 12:33 PM, doug metzler wrote:
> There's about 6 million college kids hoping you were going to say that :-)
>
> DougM
>
>
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Neil Cherry <.....ncherryspamRemoveMElinuxha.com> wrote:
>
>> Ah screw it, it's not worth the extra effort!

What good is it if the thing dies on checkout? I reached that point
twice and it died. I got an empty checkout_process.php. I can now
login in and I see that there are items in my cart and the offer
is over.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       RemoveMEncherryspamspamBeGonelinuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
Author of:            Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

2010\01\07@125839 by M. Adam Davis

face picon face
I finally got to the "submit order" just as it ended, and missed out by seconds.

Ah well.  It was a fun game, and entertaining.  It was listed 4 times
in Google's top 10 search phrases for the last hour, and twitter's
trending topics twice.

It was far more effective than a superbowl ad, and at a cost of around
$50k (assuming a 50% profit margin on most products) it was far, far
cheaper.

Furthermore, I can't imagine all the data they can mine from the
incomplete customer carts to guess at what people want, but won't buy
unless it becomes cheaper.

All in all, I don't think they could have spent that $50k better than they did.

-Adam

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Herbert Graf <spamBeGonehkgraf@spam@spamspam_OUTgmail.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

>

2010\01\07@131836 by PICdude

flavicon
face
I learned this lesson 10 years ago when I worked for a dot-com.  They  
offered/requested to pay everyone's tolls on the Golden Gate bridge  
for one day, in exchange for a banner on the toll booths, stating  
"Your tolls were paid today by T*** Corp.".  After three days of  
controversy re: defacing a national monument etc in the  
press/radio/tv, they pulled the request, getting a ton of publicity in  
the process -- and especially for a new company, almost any publicity  
is good publicity.

Cheers,
-Neil.


Quoting "M. Adam Davis" <stienmanEraseMEspamgmail.com>:

> ...
> All in all, I don't think they could have spent that $50k better  
> than they did.
>
> -Adam


2010\01\07@133126 by graham foulkes

picon face
Andy
Hi there.
I am grateful to Sparkfun for reminding me of a valuable lesson I learned a
long time ago. Nothing comes for free, you always get what you pay for. I
have wasted far more time and nervous energy that the $100 dollar come-on
from Sparkfun. I congratulate their clever marketing ploy. I suspect it will
turn on them and bite eventually as people will be turned off and revert
back to buying from their usual sources like NEWARK etc. Pay the going rate
and get the stuff without the hassle!
Congratulations those of you who beat the rush. I started shopping 8:10 pm
01/06/10 and just finished 1:25pm 01/07/10. Sorry, no discount.
Cheers all.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Neil Cherry <RemoveMEncherryEraseMEspamspam_OUTlinuxha.com> wrote:

> Ah screw it, it's not worth the extra effort!
>
> --
> Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       @spam@ncherryRemoveMEspamEraseMElinuxha.com
> http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
> Author of:      Linux Smart Homes For Dummies
> -

2010\01\07@134016 by M.L.

flavicon
face
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 2:30 PM, graham foulkes <EraseMEbespoken1spam@spam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andy
> Hi there.
> I am grateful to Sparkfun for reminding me of a valuable lesson I learned a
> long time ago. Nothing comes for free, you always get what you pay for. I
> have wasted far more time and nervous energy that the $100 dollar come-on
> from Sparkfun. I congratulate their clever marketing ploy. I suspect it will
> turn on them and bite eventually as people will be turned off and revert
> back to buying from their usual sources like NEWARK etc. Pay the going rate
> and get the stuff without the hassle!
> Congratulations those of you who beat the rush. I started shopping 8:10 pm
> 01/06/10 and just finished 1:25pm 01/07/10. Sorry, no discount.
> Cheers all.
>


There are few people who shop regularly at Newark who would have
switched to Sparkfun for a giveaway sale.
Few people who shop at Sparkfun even know what Newark is.

--
Martin K.

2010\01\07@134525 by Neil Cherry

flavicon
face
On 01/07/2010 01:30 PM, graham foulkes wrote:
> Andy
> Hi there.
> I am grateful to Sparkfun for reminding me of a valuable lesson I learned a
> long time ago. Nothing comes for free, you always get what you pay for. I
> have wasted far more time and nervous energy that the $100 dollar come-on
> from Sparkfun. I congratulate their clever marketing ploy. I suspect it will
> turn on them and bite eventually as people will be turned off and revert
> back to buying from their usual sources like NEWARK etc. Pay the going rate
> and get the stuff without the hassle!
> Congratulations those of you who beat the rush. I started shopping 8:10 pm
> 01/06/10 and just finished 1:25pm 01/07/10. Sorry, no discount.

I had a $375 order in, $0 spent. Now I have no particular reason that
I have to purchase there. I still may go back but I think at least
part of the order is going elsewhere. I'm not being vindictive I'm
just being frugal. So far I haven't decided where I'm purchasing the
items I need.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       @spam@ncherryspam_OUTspam.....linuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
Author of:            Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

2010\01\07@134947 by PICdude

flavicon
face
I strongly think their advertising gain will be far greater than the  
customers that are turned off, especially .  Can you imagine how many  
links to their company name and website they have on the internet now?  
 And google uses the number of links to a given website to determine  
search rankings.




Quoting graham foulkes <spamBeGonebespoken1EraseMEspamgmail.com>:

{Quote hidden}

>> --

2010\01\07@163129 by Mike Hord

picon face
I'm absolutely astounded by the amount of griping I see going on
surrounding this.  Not just here, of course- blog comments,
Twitter, everywhere.

Amazing how fast someone turns on you when you don't give
them free stuff.

Observing this beforehand I'd have said no-brainer win for
SparkFun.  Now I'm not so sure- I don't think they've turned
off any (or many) existing customers, but I also don't think
they've earned many new ones.

Good luck to them, at any rate.  They sell some neat stuff
that's hard to come by anywhere else.

Mike H.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM, PICdude <.....picdude3@spam@spamEraseMEnarwani.org> wrote:

> I strongly think their advertising gain will be far greater than the
> customers that are turned off, especially .  Can you imagine how many
> links to their company name and website they have on the internet now?
>  And google uses the number of links to a given website to determine
> search rankings.
>
>

2010\01\07@165104 by Dwayne Reid

flavicon
face
At 02:31 PM 1/7/2010, Mike Hord wrote:
>I'm absolutely astounded by the amount of griping I see going on
>surrounding this.  Not just here, of course- blog comments,
>Twitter, everywhere.
>
>Amazing how fast someone turns on you when you don't give
>them free stuff.

Actually, I think the griping is because the website performed so
poorly under the load.

I fully expected all 1000 customers to have finished their purchases
within the first few minutes after the sale started.  Everyone else
would have been out of luck.

However, the fact that it took almost 2 hours to complete all 1000
sales shows how poorly their website performed.

I think the amount of griping would be far less if the sale had in
fact finished within the first 10 or 15 minutes.

dwayne

--
Dwayne Reid   <.....dwaynerRemoveMEspamplanet.eon.net>
Trinity Electronics Systems Ltd    Edmonton, AB, CANADA
(780) 489-3199 voice          (780) 487-6397 fax
http://www.trinity-electronics.com
Custom Electronics Design and Manufacturing

2010\01\07@170652 by doug metzler

picon face
I have no problem with this event - they did, after all, give away $100,000
worth of cool toys that is very likely going to help 1000 people build cool
projects.

I would have perhaps limited the audience of the event to those who had made
N purchases in the previous year, or those who had purchased more than $N
worth of stuff.

I may not have qualified, depending on N, but it would have been a more
effective ROI in terms of customer loyalty than simply making it a
free-for-all.

DougM

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Mike Hord <.....mike.hordSTOPspamspam@spam@gmail.com> wrote:

{Quote hidden}

> -

2010\01\07@171746 by Herbert Graf

picon face
On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 15:31 -0600, Mike Hord wrote:
> I'm absolutely astounded by the amount of griping I see going on
> surrounding this.  Not just here, of course- blog comments,
> Twitter, everywhere.
>
> Amazing how fast someone turns on you when you don't give
> them free stuff.

Sorry, no, I think you're missing something here.

The issue is that this company knew what they were getting into, and yet
didn't seem to prepare for it at all.

Anybody in the industry knows that if you're going to do something like
this you HAVE to beef up your site with more hardware/bandwidth, or at
the very least to strip the site down to the bare essentials.

It seems they did neither at the beginning, and only the latter after
things were already bogged down.

There have been a few companies who have made a similar error with
promotions, I make sure not to frequent them as a result, and
unfortunately for sparkfun they are now on that list as well. Too bad
for them.

TTYL


2010\01\07@172205 by Neil Cherry

flavicon
face
On 01/07/2010 04:31 PM, Mike Hord wrote:
> I'm absolutely astounded by the amount of griping I see going on
> surrounding this.  Not just here, of course- blog comments,
> Twitter, everywhere.

You are correct. It's caused by a lot of disappointment and frustration
at the site's performance.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       RemoveMEncherryspamspamBeGonelinuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
Author of:            Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

2010\01\07@173130 by Tamas Rudnai

face picon face
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 6:49 PM, PICdude <spamBeGonepicdude3KILLspamspam@spam@narwani.org> wrote:
> I strongly think their advertising gain will be far greater than the
> customers that are turned off, especially .  Can you imagine how many
> links to their company name and website they have on the internet now?
>  And google uses the number of links to a given website to determine
> search rankings.

Also the amount they have spent for the giveaway can be accounted as
marketing expense therefore it can deducted from the tax as I
understand... $0 extra and now we are keep talking about them...
Absolutely genius marketing strategy in my opinion!

Tamas


{Quote hidden}

>>> --

2010\01\07@174637 by Mark Rages

face picon face
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Tamas Rudnai <spamBeGonetamas.rudnaispam_OUTspamRemoveMEgmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 6:49 PM, PICdude <.....picdude3spamRemoveMEnarwani.org> wrote:
>> I strongly think their advertising gain will be far greater than the
>> customers that are turned off, especially .  Can you imagine how many
>> links to their company name and website they have on the internet now?
>>  And google uses the number of links to a given website to determine
>> search rankings.
>
> Also the amount they have spent for the giveaway can be accounted as
> marketing expense therefore it can deducted from the tax as I
> understand... $0 extra and now we are keep talking about them...
> Absolutely genius marketing strategy in my opinion!
>
> Tamas

Ah, I don't think you understand tax deductions...  They just paid for
their cost of the $100k in goods in pre-tax money is all.

I think the marketing money was well spent, and would have been better
had their site held up.  Leaving every electronics nerd on the
internet with a full shopping cart -- there's gotta be a way to turn
that into more sales.

But I skipped the whole thing when I saw how slow the site had become.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
Mark Rages, Engineer
Midwest Telecine LLC
markragesspam@spam@midwesttelecine.com

2010\01\07@183904 by Philip Pemberton

face
flavicon
face
doug metzler wrote:
> I have no problem with this event - they did, after all, give away $100,000
> worth of cool toys that is very likely going to help 1000 people build cool
> projects.

I think it's more likely that at least half of the stuff (by value) will
end up on ebay.

Cynicism? Realism? You decide.

--
Phil.
EraseMEpiclistRemoveMEspamSTOPspamphilpem.me.uk
http://www.philpem.me.uk/

2010\01\07@203812 by Vitaliy

face
flavicon
face
Herbert Graf wrote:
> Anybody in the industry knows that if you're going to do something like
> this you HAVE to beef up your site with more hardware/bandwidth, or at
> the very least to strip the site down to the bare essentials.
>
> It seems they did neither at the beginning, and only the latter after
> things were already bogged down.


To be fair to Sparkfun, they did beef up their servers in anticipation of
the event (on December 22nd):

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/news.php?id=317


Nate posted a "Free Day Recap" to address some of the comments:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?page=1

Vitaliy

2010\01\07@204036 by Vitaliy

face
flavicon
face
doug metzler wrote:
>I have no problem with this event - they did, after all, give away $100,000
> worth of cool toys that is very likely going to help 1000 people build
> cool
> projects.
>
> I would have perhaps limited the audience of the event to those who had
> made
> N purchases in the previous year, or those who had purchased more than $N
> worth of stuff.
>
> I may not have qualified, depending on N, but it would have been a more
> effective ROI in terms of customer loyalty than simply making it a
> free-for-all.

I think it's a good idea. However, if their goal was publicity as opposed to
rewarding customer loyalty, then the free-for-all was the way to go.

If only existing customers could participate, they would not get as many
email forwards, Tweets and PICList posts.

Just my 2c,

Vitaliy


2010\01\07@230232 by John Ferrell

face
flavicon
face
It reminds me of the WKRP Turkey give away....

John Ferrell  W8CCW

"Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in pursuit of
justice is no virtue."
-Barry Goldwater
"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note."
-Doug Floyd

{Original Message removed}

2010\01\08@000722 by William \Chops\ Westfield

face picon face

On Jan 7, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Dwayne Reid wrote:

> I fully expected all 1000 customers to have finished their purchases
> within the first few minutes after the sale started.  Everyone else
> would have been out of luck.
>
> However, the fact that it took almost 2 hours to complete all 1000
> sales shows how poorly their website performed.

Perhaps someone (or many someones) had the bright idea to flood their  
website with traffic (before the start of the sale) as a way of  
keeping others out?  Like I said in another forum, I hoped they got  
something out of it other than a lesson in greed...

BillW

2010\01\08@025950 by ivp

face picon face


> It reminds me of the WKRP Turkey give away....

.... but I really thought they could fly

Classic episode

2010\01\08@113609 by Sean Breheny

face picon face
I always used to think that they _could not_ fly in any meaningful way
until I saw a wild turkey fly right up into a high tree and sit on a
branch. I think they can actually fly better than chickens.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:59 AM, ivp <RemoveMEjoecolquittKILLspamspamTakeThisOuTclear.net.nz> wrote:
>
>
>> It reminds me of the WKRP Turkey give away....
>
> .... but I really thought they could fly
>
> Classic episode
> -

2010\01\08@120413 by Marc Nicholas

picon face
They did prepare for it -- they implemented a new webserver cluster and
upgraded their bandwidth before the event:

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/news.php?id=317

-marc


On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Herbert Graf <spamBeGonehkgrafspam@spam@gmail.com> wrote:

{Quote hidden}

> -

2010\01\08@130055 by Tony Vandiver

flavicon
face
Oh, the humanity....

ivp wrote:
>  
>> It reminds me of the WKRP Turkey give away....
>>    
>
> .... but I really thought they could fly
>
> Classic episode
>  

2010\01\08@131304 by Josh Koffman

face picon face
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Tony Vandiver <RemoveMEtonyspam_OUTspamtraceelectronics.com> wrote:
> Oh, the humanity....

I'm sure Sparkfun's servers were hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!

:)

-j
--
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete
fools.
       -Douglas Adams

2010\01\08@132243 by Kevin Jones

flavicon
face

Yes, wild turkeys can fly.

The domestic ones where your typical Thanksgiving turkey comes from
can not. It has been bread out in favor of other traits.

Regards,
Kevin Jones

2010\01\08@134516 by Bo Dirigo

picon face
John Ferrell wrote:
> It reminds me of the WKRP Turkey give away....
>  
LOL!  Fly, Baby, Fly!  Poor use of helicopters though ... what was his
name?  Ness as in Nessman?  Great episode of many years back.

Bo D.
> John Ferrell  W8CCW
>
> "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in pursuit of
> justice is no virtue."
> -Barry Goldwater
> "You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note."
> -Doug Floyd
>
>  

2010\01\08@140848 by Sean Breheny

face picon face
OK, that makes sense. Actually, I'm so used to seeing wild turkeys
that I don't think I really know what a farm turkey looks like. I'll
have to look that up.

Sean


On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Kevin Jones <krjone01spamspamaye.net> wrote:
>
> Yes, wild turkeys can fly.
>
> The domestic ones where your typical Thanksgiving turkey comes from
> can not. It has been bread out in favor of other traits.
>
> Regards,
> Kevin Jones
>
> -

2010\01\08@183657 by Neil Cherry

flavicon
face
On 01/08/2010 02:08 PM, Sean Breheny wrote:
> OK, that makes sense. Actually, I'm so used to seeing wild turkeys
> that I don't think I really know what a farm turkey looks like. I'll
> have to look that up.

Domesticated Turkeys are much bigger, more aggressive and only slightly
resemble their wild cousins around the head. When I'm out riding my
bike I notice them and have to be careful (of the wild ones).

> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Kevin Jones <spam_OUTkrjone01spam_OUTspamspam_OUTaye.net> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, wild turkeys can fly.
>>
>> The domestic ones where your typical Thanksgiving turkey comes from
>> can not. It has been bread out in favor of other traits.


--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherryspam_OUTspamlinuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
Author of:            Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

2010\01\08@183847 by Sean Breheny

face picon face
Did you mean that the other way around? Wild turkey's seem bigger to me.

Sean


On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Neil Cherry <RemoveMEncherryKILLspamspam@spam@linuxha.com> wrote:
{Quote hidden}

>

2010\01\08@185448 by Neil Cherry

flavicon
face
On 01/08/2010 06:38 PM, Sean Breheny wrote:
> Did you mean that the other way around? Wild turkey's seem bigger to me.

The wild Turkeys, at least where I live are much thinner though a bit
taller. They only appear to be large when they fluff out. The
domestic ones are much bigger but less tall even when they're not
fluffed out.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       spam_OUTncherryspamKILLspamlinuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
Author of:            Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

2010\01\08@191839 by Bob Blick

face
flavicon
face
Sirs, are these engineered turkeys or off-topic turkeys?


> > Did you mean that the other way around? Wild turkey's seem bigger to me.
>
> The wild Turkeys, at least where I live are much thinner though a bit
> taller. They only appear to be large when they fluff out. The
> domestic ones are much bigger but less tall even when they're not
> fluffed out.

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - The way an email service should be

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2010 , 2011 only
- Today
- New search...