Searching \ for '[EE]: convert SVGA to TV' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/displays.htm?key=vga
Search entire site for: 'convert SVGA to TV'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE]: convert SVGA to TV'
2000\10\10@161604 by cjtech2000

picon face
On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, M. Adam Davis wrote:
> Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:46:23 -0400
> To: spam_OUTcjtech2000TakeThisOuTspamyahoo.com
> From: "M. Adam Davis" <.....adavisKILLspamspam@spam@ubasics.com>
> Subject: Re: [EE] convert SVGA to TV
>
> Yes, I see what you mean.  Optionally what you can do is use the
> nintendo or
> sega tv adaptors.  When turned on they overide the antenna signal,
> and provide
> the video, when off they allow the pass through of the antenna
> signal.

That sounds like a possibility

> What about your setup requires the TV or VCR to act as tuner?  Why
> don't you use
> the all in wonder to act as the tuner for the whole system?  You
> wouldn't need
> the antenna pass-through then.  (I realize you don't have linux

The main goal I was after is the fact that when the unit is off or in a
standby mode, it has nothing to do with the antenna signal.  No
unneeded CPU power being used as well as no detoriation of the antenna
signal.

> drivers, but
> there are other similar cards that are linux friendly).

I looked a while back for some linux friendly TV cards, didn't have
much luck.  Also posted to a few linux news groups and didn't get a
response.

Can you point me to info on cards you know of as well as some info on
getting them setup under linux.

Thanks,

Chris

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics




2000\10\10@195802 by Lee Jones

flavicon
face
>> Yes, I see what you mean.  Optionally what you can do is use
>> the nintendo or sega tv adaptors.  When turned on they overide
>> the antenna signal, and provide the video, when off they allow
>> the pass through of the antenna signal.

> That sounds like a possibility

As I recall, when DC voltage is applied on the game console cable
they feed the game console RF side to the box's output (F female
connector or stub cable with F male).  If not connected or no DC
voltage, then the antenna input is sent to the output.


>> What about your setup requires the TV or VCR to act as tuner?
>> Why don't you use the all in wonder to act as the tuner for
>> the whole system?  You wouldn't need the antenna pass-through
>> then.

> The main goal I was after is the fact that when the unit is off
> or in a standby mode, it has nothing to do with the antenna signal.
> No unneeded CPU power being used as well as no detoriation of the
> antenna signal.

Most of the SVGA to TV converters I've seen are designed to
output NTSC video.  If you use one of these, you could use
another video game product -- the Nintendo 64 uses an add-on
RF modulator unit.  This would convert the video and/or audio
into an RF modulated signal suitable for the antenna switch.

                                               Lee Jones

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics




More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2000 , 2001 only
- Today
- New search...