Searching \ for '[EE]: Part Source' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=part+source
Search entire site for: 'Part Source'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE]: Part Source'
2002\07\10@005012 by Nick Veys

flavicon
face
Looking for help finding a part.  Can't seem to find it on Molex's site
(go figure, it's so non-convoluted ;)) Nor AMPs.  Digging through
Digikey, Mouser and Allied Electronics I wasn't able to come up with it
either.  It's the 4-pin power connector commonly found on *Floppy*
drives, the "small" PC power supply connector, 2.54mm pin spacing, not
the large 4-pin connectors used on CD/Hard drives.

I would need the keyed header, the crimp pins as well as the crimp pin
housing.

Hopefully this part#/source is in someone's bag-o-tricks! :)

spam_OUTnickTakeThisOuTspamveys.com | http://www.veys.com/nick

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
.....piclist-unsubscribe-requestKILLspamspam@spam@mitvma.mit.edu


2002\07\10@034339 by Roman Black

flavicon
face
Nick Veys wrote:
>
> Looking for help finding a part.  Can't seem to find it on Molex's site
> (go figure, it's so non-convoluted ;)) Nor AMPs.  Digging through
> Digikey, Mouser and Allied Electronics I wasn't able to come up with it
> either.  It's the 4-pin power connector commonly found on *Floppy*
> drives, the "small" PC power supply connector, 2.54mm pin spacing, not
> the large 4-pin connectors used on CD/Hard drives.
>
> I would need the keyed header, the crimp pins as well as the crimp pin
> housing.
>
> Hopefully this part#/source is in someone's bag-o-tricks! :)


These are just standard 0.1" spaced header plugs.
Sorry I don't know the Digikey part number but as
these are very common parts i'm sure they have them.
Search for "header pins" (goes in pcb, usually straight
or 90 degree) and for "header plugs". :o)
-Roman

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
piclist-unsubscribe-requestspamKILLspammitvma.mit.edu


2002\07\10@044228 by David Duffy

flavicon
face
>Nick Veys wrote:
> > Looking for help finding a part.  Can't seem to find it on Molex's site
> > (go figure, it's so non-convoluted ;)) Nor AMPs.  Digging through
> > Digikey, Mouser and Allied Electronics I wasn't able to come up with it
> > either.  It's the 4-pin power connector commonly found on *Floppy*
> > drives, the "small" PC power supply connector, 2.54mm pin spacing, not
> > the large 4-pin connectors used on CD/Hard drives.
> >
> > I would need the keyed header, the crimp pins as well as the crimp pin
> > housing.
> >
> > Hopefully this part#/source is in someone's bag-o-tricks! :)

Roman replied:
>These are just standard 0.1" spaced header plugs.
>Sorry I don't know the Digikey part number but as
>these are very common parts i'm sure they have them.
>Search for "header pins" (goes in pcb, usually straight
>or 90 degree) and for "header plugs". :o)

Actually, they almost the same as the common .1" header type.
They sort of fit - if you force them! Maybe close enough for some
applications. The plastic piece on the FDD ones is thicker IIRC.
I haven't seen them apart from on computer cabling. Someone
must make them - just a matter of who. (maybe a large MOQ)
Regards...

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
.....piclist-unsubscribe-requestKILLspamspam.....mitvma.mit.edu


2002\07\10@080254 by Olin Lathrop

face picon face
> Looking for help finding a part.  Can't seem to find it on Molex's site
> (go figure, it's so non-convoluted ;)) Nor AMPs.  Digging through
> Digikey, Mouser and Allied Electronics I wasn't able to come up with it
> either.  It's the 4-pin power connector commonly found on *Floppy*
> drives, the "small" PC power supply connector, 2.54mm pin spacing, not
> the large 4-pin connectors used on CD/Hard drives.

Jameco 114930, 114921


*****************************************************************
Embed Inc, embedded system specialists in Littleton Massachusetts
(978) 742-9014, http://www.embedinc.com

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
EraseMEpiclist-unsubscribe-requestspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTmitvma.mit.edu


2002\07\10@090330 by Sid Weaver

picon face
In a message dated 7/10/02 00:51:35 Eastern Daylight Time, nickspamspam_OUTVEYS.COM
writes:


> I would need the keyed header, the crimp pins as well as the crimp pin
> housing.
>
> Hopefully this part#/source is in someone's bag-o-tricks! :)
>
>

Look on page 72 of the Digikey catalog.    Part number for the crimp pins is
WM2510-ND

Sid

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: To leave the PICList
@spam@piclist-unsubscribe-requestKILLspamspammitvma.mit.edu


2002\07\11@024145 by Bob

flavicon
face
Doh, forgot the [EE]: thingy....


-----Original Message-----
From: Bob <KILLspamop1cwkKILLspamspamflashmail.com>
To: pic microcontroller discussion list <RemoveMEPICLISTTakeThisOuTspamMITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thursday, July 11, 2002 1:42 AM
Subject: Part Source


>I've been looking for a chassis mount 3 pin DIN connector, that 1).  Doesn't
>have those butt ugly bolt on "dog ears", and 2) don't cost an arm and a leg.
>
>What I want is something that is preferably black (plastic works), that can
>mount onto a 1/16" thick plastic/metal faceplate, and doesn't need two extra
>nuts and bolts to do it (i.e., has a round bezel on the outside, with a nut
that
{Quote hidden}

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


2002\07\11@080017 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>It's the 4-pin power connector commonly found on
>*Floppy* drives, the "small" PC power supply connector,
>2.54mm pin spacing, not the large 4-pin connectors
>used on CD/Hard drives.

>I would need the keyed header, the crimp pins as
>well as the crimp pin housing.

>Hopefully this part#/source is in someone's bag-o-tricks! :)

Check out JST at http://www.jst.com/

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: PICList Posts must start with ONE topic:
[PIC]:,[SX]:,[AVR]: ->uP ONLY! [EE]:,[OT]: ->Other [BUY]:,[AD]: ->Ads


More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2002 , 2003 only
- Today
- New search...