Searching \ for '[EE]: Fast 2GHz Amplifier suppliers' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=fast+2ghz+amplifier
Search entire site for: 'Fast 2GHz Amplifier suppliers'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE]: Fast 2GHz Amplifier suppliers'
2006\02\10@105754 by Madhu Annapragada

picon face
I was wondering if anyone on the list had experience with off-the-shelf
amplifiers in the 2GHz range. I have a current signal in the nano-ampere
range with a rise time of about 3ns and a pulse width of 9ns that I need to
convert to a voltage using a transimpedance amplifier with a gain of 10; the
signal is coming in via a 50 Ohm coax cable so my voltage output would be in
the order of 1nA x 50_Ohm x 10. It will eventually go to a 1.5Gsps flash ADC
but I need the voltage out without loosing the shape of the current
waveform. Any pointers to amplifiers used in the past would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards
Madhu


2006\02\13@055644 by Michael Rigby-Jones

picon face


>-----Original Message-----
>From: spam_OUTpiclist-bouncesTakeThisOuTspammit.edu [.....piclist-bouncesKILLspamspam@spam@mit.edu]
>Sent: 10 February 2006 16:01
>To: 'Microcontroller discussion list - Public.'
>Subject: [EE]: Fast 2GHz Amplifier suppliers
>
>
>I was wondering if anyone on the list had experience with
>off-the-shelf amplifiers in the 2GHz range. I have a current
>signal in the nano-ampere range with a rise time of about 3ns
>and a pulse width of 9ns that I need to convert to a voltage
>using a transimpedance amplifier with a gain of 10; the signal
>is coming in via a 50 Ohm coax cable so my voltage output
>would be in the order of 1nA x 50_Ohm x 10. It will eventually
>go to a 1.5Gsps flash ADC but I need the voltage out without
>loosing the shape of the current waveform. Any pointers to
>amplifiers used in the past would be greatly appreciated.


In the past our department has use devices from http://www.sige.com/ but apparently Maxims parts are very popular within the industry.

Regards

Mike


=======================================================================
This e-mail is intended for the person it is addressed to only. The
information contained in it may be confidential and/or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must
not make any use of this information, or copy or show it to any
person. Please contact us immediately to tell us that you have
received this e-mail, and return the original to us. Any use,
forwarding, printing or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
No part of this message can be considered a request for goods or
services.
=======================================================================

2006\02\13@062042 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
>>I was wondering if anyone on the list had experience with
>>off-the-shelf amplifiers in the 2GHz range.
>
>In the past our department has use devices from
> http://www.sige.com/ but apparently Maxims parts
>are very popular within the industry.

IIRC Linear Technology also make op-amps with this sort of speed.

2006\02\13@090956 by Madhu Annapragada

picon face
Thank you.
Madhu

-----Original Message-----
>>I was wondering if anyone on the list had experience with
>>off-the-shelf amplifiers in the 2GHz range.
>
>In the past our department has use devices from
> http://www.sige.com/ but apparently Maxims parts
>are very popular within the industry.

IIRC Linear Technology also make op-amps with this sort of speed.

2006\02\14@033257 by Vasile Surducan

face picon face
On 2/10/06, Madhu Annapragada <maprspamKILLspamcomcast.net> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone on the list had experience with off-the-shelf
> amplifiers in the 2GHz range. I have a current signal in the nano-ampere
> range with a rise time of about 3ns and a pulse width of 9ns that I need to
> convert to a voltage using a transimpedance amplifier with a gain of 10; the
> signal is coming in via a 50 Ohm coax cable so my voltage output would be in
> the order of 1nA x 50_Ohm x 10. It will eventually go to a 1.5Gsps flash ADC
> but I need the voltage out without loosing the shape of the current
> waveform. Any pointers to amplifiers used in the past would be greatly
> appreciated.

I'm not very sure you need a GHz amplifier. If you're checking a few
dozens of datasheets, youll see a curious thing: there are large band
amplifiers with low slew rate and low frequency band amplifier with
very high slew rate.
This could be a little dizzy. If you want to check my affirmation take
a deep look on the Maxim site on the high frequency amplifiers.
On the other hand, the GHz range amplifiers, are designed usually for
a 50 ohm impedance match on both input and output, and this will be
nasty your nanoampere current.
I'll sugeest you to search a high slew rate amplifier (and there are
up to 13kV/uS)
with large input impedance.

best regards,
Vasile

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2006 , 2007 only
- Today
- New search...