Searching \ for '[EE]: Cheap Led displays for a countdown timer?' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/displays.htm?key=led
Search entire site for: 'Cheap Led displays for a countdown timer?'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE]: Cheap Led displays for a countdown timer?'
2002\10\10@100935 by John Lawton Electronics

flavicon
face
Hi,

I've been asked to design a cheap countdown timer with a Led display. The
counter would start at 10:00  i.e. 10 minutes 00 seconds, and count down
every second.  It's for a mock 'bomb' rather like the James Bond movies
used to use.  The thing should tick every second, and sound an alarm at
00:00 !!  This has to be cheap, so I need to source a 4 digit Led display
(about 0.6"digits) and a counter chip / PIC for a low price, or even a
complete counter assembly.  Any ideas?  I am in the UK, but the product (up
to 100 off) would probably be made in the Far East.

John

-----------------------------------------------
John Lawton Electronics
Custom Electronics Design & Development
spam_OUTdesignTakeThisOuTspamjle.co.uk   http://www.jle.co.uk
-----------------------------------------------

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2002\10\10@151115 by Rajiv Thakur

flavicon
face
I can give you one assembled piece +attractive  cabinet cover+ with software
burnt into the chip for UK Pound Sterling 30+ postage from India. Delivery
in 7 days.

.
Let me know if U are interested. Thats the price of one piece.Better price
if quantity goes up.

This device can  also be remote controlled with TV remote control-set
time-ring/close alrm etc etc (Can add more thrills as you may require).
Price is UK Pound sterling 50 includes the price of remote control also.

Regards,

Rajiv Thakur
.....rajiv_thakurKILLspamspam@spam@vsnl.com
{Original Message removed}

2002\10\10@153155 by Wagner Lipnharski

flavicon
face
> From: "John Lawton Electronics" <designspamKILLspamJLE.CO.UK>
> To: <.....PICLISTKILLspamspam.....MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
> Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 3:19 PM
> Subject: [EE]: Cheap Led displays for a countdown timer?
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been asked to design a cheap countdown timer with a Led
>> display. The counter would start at 10:00  i.e. 10 minutes 00
>> seconds, and count down every second.  It's for a mock 'bomb' rather
>> like the James Bond movies used to use.  The thing should tick every
>> second, and sound an alarm at 00:00 !!  This has to be cheap, so I
>> need to source a 4 digit Led display (about 0.6"digits) and a
>> counter chip / PIC for a low price, or even a complete counter
>> assembly.  Any ideas?  I am in the UK, but the product (up to 100
>> off) would probably be made in the Far East.
>>
>> John


John, ahamm, hmmm, in this days, any 10 minutes counter with alarm at 00:00
sounds pretty scary, even when the customer ask it "CHEAP"... what means?
to be used just once?  hehe, I don't like to be negative, but, did you
suggest a fuse cord?  ;)

I am joking of course, but, even so, some subjects are not joke anylonger.

Anyway, any uC with 12 port pins can do it, extra 4 transistors, few
resistors, one key minimum and the displays. Impossible to cost more than
$6.  Probably cheapper than 20ft of slow fuse cord. ;)

VV46NER

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


2002\10\11@031251 by John Lawton Electronics

flavicon
face
At 20:28 10/10/02, Wagner wrote:
>I am joking of course, but, even so, some subjects are not joke anylonger.

<paranoia>It's a dummy b*mb for a Management Training course. "You have 10
minutes to remove this b*mb without tipping it more than 10 degrees..."
</paranoia>

>Anyway, any uC with 12 port pins can do it, extra 4 transistors, few
>resistors, one key minimum and the displays. Impossible to cost more than
>$6.  Probably cheapper than 20ft of slow fuse cord. ;)

Thanks, I realise that the design is simple, but I need to source really
inexpensive 7segment displays, and was looking for a source, or even a
complete unit.

Regards,

John

-----------------------------------------------
John Lawton Electronics
Custom Electronics Design & Development
EraseMEdesignspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTjle.co.uk   http://www.jle.co.uk
-----------------------------------------------

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The PICList is archived three different
ways.  See http://www.piclist.com/#archives for details.


2002\10\11@100635 by Paul Hutchinson

flavicon
face
A year or so ago, I was looking for 0.5" to 0.6" tall clock format LED
displays. The only ones I found are from http://www.paralightled.com.

Paul

> {Original Message removed}

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2002 , 2003 only
- Today
- New search...