Searching \ for '[EE]:: Walking on water' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=walking+water
Search entire site for: ': Walking on water'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE]:: Walking on water'
2007\08\08@084647 by Russell McMahon

face
flavicon
face
Iain wants to see this.
K would also find it fun.
Even Rod would like it.

Walking on water 101:

I imagine that Christ probably did it in a somewhat less frenetic
manner.
This may be a poor substitute, but it looks like a lot of fun. I
wonder how much cornstarch costs in LARGE quantities.

       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2XQ97XHjVw

2007\08\09@110717 by Peter P.

picon face
Russell McMahon <apptech <at> paradise.net.nz> writes:
> I imagine that Christ probably did it in a somewhat less frenetic
> manner.
> This may be a poor substitute, but it looks like a lot of fun. I
> wonder how much cornstarch costs in LARGE quantities.

What is LARGE ? It's about $200-$500/metric ton, non food grade is on the lower
side, and it depends on season and fob. I suspect that for a tub like that you'd
need only 6 tons or so, or less (the other half would have to be water).

It would be more interesting to find technical liquids that behave like that
without rotting fast. And if they would have electrical control of their
properties it would be even better. I know that similar substances exist but
they are not in common use at least not for smaller companies on a low budget.

Peter P.



2007\08\09@134741 by Russell McMahon

face
flavicon
face
>> I imagine that Christ probably did it in a somewhat less frenetic
>> manner.
>> This may be a poor substitute, but it looks like a lot of fun. I
>> wonder how much cornstarch costs in LARGE quantities.

> What is LARGE ? It's about $200-$500/metric ton, non food grade is
> on the lower
> side, and it depends on season and fob. I suspect that for a tub
> like that you'd
> need only 6 tons or so, or less (the other half would have to be
> water).

It's essentially ground and purified maize, so you could probably do
it for even less than that price at the right time of year.

I imagine that a "pool" perhaps 2m x 4m x 0.2m would be impressive
enough = 1.6 m^3 or 1.6 ton if full of water. Even doubling that depth
would probably only require a ton or two of corn starch.


           Russell


2007\08\09@173223 by Recon

picon face
Russell McMahon wrote:

>It's essentially ground and purified maize, so you could probably do
>it for even less than that price at the right time of year.
>
>I imagine that a "pool" perhaps 2m x 4m x 0.2m would be impressive
>enough = 1.6 m^3 or 1.6 ton if full of water. Even doubling that depth
>would probably only require a ton or two of corn starch.
>
>
>            Russell
>  
>
But then after you have had your fun with it, add a few more
ingrediants, and set up the still.  Good old back hills corn liquor.

A friend from Tennesse told me the recipe for corn liqour and as I
remember it started with ground corn and water.

RECON

2007\08\09@204136 by Goflo

picon face

> A friend from Tennesse told me the recipe for corn liqour and as I
> remember it started with ground corn and water.

That'd be cawn likker, last time I looked....   :)

2007\08\09@213953 by Roger, in Bangkok

face
flavicon
face
Ya ain't s'posed to look ... ur s'posed to swig!  Now that's just the voice
of edumacation, I wouldn't have any factual experience to back it up

Regards/Roger, in Bangkok

On 8/10/07, spam_OUTgofloTakeThisOuTspamcox.net <.....gofloKILLspamspam@spam@cox.net> wrote:
>
>
> ...
>
> That'd be cawn likker, last time I looked....   :)
> ...

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2007 , 2008 only
- Today
- New search...