Searching \ for '[EE:] Pinout or other information about Nextel pho' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=pinout+other+information
Search entire site for: 'Pinout or other information about Nextel pho'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[EE:] Pinout or other information about Nextel pho'
2004\07\31@200345 by Alexandre Guimaraes

face picon face
Hi,

   I know this is kind of weird but does anyone have access to pinout and
lcd controller data that is used in Nextel I500, I550 and I700 phones ??

   I have a huge quantity of these displays and it is a real shame to throw
them to the garbage. The connector has 15 pins and also carries backlight
power so it should not be too hard to interface it to a microcontroller.

   The manufacturer is Optrex and the model numbers that I can see printed
are either DMF-51097, COB 51097C or PWB51218.

   I already searched Optrex site, google, EIO lcd discussion group and
everywhere else that I could find that dealt with lcd's information and
nothing... This is a very well guarded secret or I am really not being able
to search well.. I already emailed optrex and no responses either.

   If anyone can lead me to information on how to use these cute displays
you can have a bunch of those... I probably have more than 200 of these !!
It is a shame to let them go without trying to find something usefull to do
with them... Who knows if we can do a lcd badge for piclist members ? :-)
That can be nice with the piclist cup...

Best regards,
Alexandre Guimaraes

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics

2004\07\31@210105 by Jinx

face picon face
> The manufacturer is Optrex and the model numbers that I can see
> printed are either DMF-51097, COB 51097C or PWB51218.

Probably house numbers - ie not OTS parts. Can you identify the
manufacturer of the IC

http://www.elektronikforum.de/ic-id/

or determine the pixel resolution of the display and look for
an equivalent with pinout info ?

> Who knows if we can do a lcd badge for piclist members ? :-)

"Badges ? We don need no steenkeeng badges" ;-)

http://wilstar.com/midi/badges.wav

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics

2004\07\31@232729 by Alexandre Guimaraes

face picon face
> > The manufacturer is Optrex and the model numbers that I can see
> > printed are either DMF-51097, COB 51097C or PWB51218.
>
> Probably house numbers - ie not OTS parts. Can you identify the
> manufacturer of the IC
>
> http://www.elektronikforum.de/ic-id/

   No logo on the controllers... One of them is a black "blob" and the
other one is a chip that is connected at the flat cable, just the die...

> or determine the pixel resolution of the display and look for
> an equivalent with pinout info ?

   I am pretty sure that it is custom made because it has some custom
simbols on it.. My only hope is really to find any clue about the controller
and work from there.. The only clue up to now is that the connection cable
has 15 pins total, 1 vcc, 1 GND, 1 for the lcd backlight and 12 others that
I have no clue :-( Maybe if I get a logic analyser there I can find some
more... Probably too complex to reverse engineer...

   Someone has to have a schematic diagram for a Nextel phone !! With the
connector pin-names I can probably find out the controller..

> "Badges ? We don need no steenkeeng badges" ;-)
>
> http://wilstar.com/midi/badges.wav

   Ok Ok Ok.... Sarg... No badges... What would you like to have with a
small graphic lcd display ?? A mini-oscilloscope ? A smart logic probe ? A
mini-graphic logic analyser ? hehehe .... I want to put those little
bastards to work somehow...

Best regards,
Alexandre Guimaraes

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The list server can filter out subtopics
(like ads or off topics) for you. See http://www.piclist.com/#topics


'[EE:] Pinout or other information about Nextel pho'
2004\08\01@002552 by Jinx
face picon face
> I have no clue :-( Maybe if I get a logic analyser there I can find
> some more... Probably too complex to reverse engineer...

That sounds like a reasonable approach. You could put a PIC
to work as a simple analyser for just this job

> > "Badges ? We don need no steenkeeng badges" ;-)
> >
> > http://wilstar.com/midi/badges.wav
>
>     Ok Ok Ok.... Sarg... No badges

Actually the animated badges idea isn't too bad (I just don't get
the chance often enough to quote from Blazing Saddles ;-) )

>.. What would you like to have with a
> small graphic lcd display ?? A mini-oscilloscope ? A smart logic
> probe ? A mini-graphic logic analyser ? hehehe .... I want to put
> those little bastards to work somehow...

What is the resolution BTW ? Could be all sorts of possibilities
for mini-tools

--
http://www.piclist.com hint: The PICList is archived three different
ways.  See http://www.piclist.com/#archives for details.

2004\08\02@065205 by Alan B. Pearce

face picon face
.> "Badges ? We don need no steenkeeng badges" ;-)
>>
>> http://wilstar.com/midi/badges.wav
>
>Ok Ok Ok.... Sarg... No badges... What would you like to have
>with a small graphic lcd display ?? A mini-oscilloscope ? A
> smart logic probe ? A mini-graphic logic analyser ? hehehe
>.... I want to put those little bastards to work somehow...

I don't know - turn up to a Masters with a little badge on your lapel giving
little smiley emoticons with your name & company affiliation ... Some
multiple colour leds giving a full spectrum of backlighting colours ...

You would sure get noticed :)))))

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email spam_OUTlistservTakeThisOuTspammitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body

2004\08\02@130034 by Alexandre Guimaraes

face picon face
Hi, Jinx

> > I have no clue :-( Maybe if I get a logic analyser there I can find
> > some more... Probably too complex to reverse engineer...
>
> That sounds like a reasonable approach. You could put a PIC
> to work as a simple analyser for just this job

    I have and old logic analyser that I have not used for years... I guess
that it should be possible to find out at least who are the data pins, CS
and stuff like that but I am not familiar enough with different types of
LCD
controllers to find out wich one is this one just that way.. I will see if
I
can take a try at it this week.. Getting the signals out will also be a
pain. Without a connector I will see if I can solder wire-wrap wires as
well
as I did some day... :-)

> Actually the animated badges idea isn't too bad (I just don't get
> the chance often enough to quote from Blazing Saddles ;-) )

    I had a good laugh at it...

> What is the resolution BTW ? Could be all sorts of possibilities
> for mini-tools

    As far as I can count small tiny pixels it seems to be about 120x40
pixels. It has 12 chars with 4 lines and the font seems to be 10x10. It is
big enough to get me tempted to make it work.. It also has some specific
"annunciators" such as signal level and battery status that could make it
even a little more usefull. And the damm thing is even easy to light up..
It
has a led backlight built in. It would make a nice "small multi-instrument"
display. A usefull debugging tool in my opnion. The main problem has always
been to find a decent, small and cheap display. This one is half decent,
small and very very cheap...

Best regards,
Alexandre Guimaraes

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email .....listservKILLspamspam@spam@mitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body

2004\08\02@181636 by William Chops Westfield

face picon face
On Aug 2, 2004, at 3:53 AM, Alan B. Pearce wrote:

> .. turn up to a Masters with a little badge on your lapel giving
> little smiley emoticons with your name & company affiliation .

> You would sure get noticed :)))))

Especially if it was one of the AVR "Butterfly" "badges."

 :-)
BillW

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email listservspamKILLspammitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body

2004\08\22@134754 by hilip Stortz

picon face
do you know which lines are vcc, ground, and backlight?  if so you can
power it up and with a suitable resistor and volt meter see how easy it
is to pull the other lines high or low, this will tell you if they are
input or output.  once you know that you can play at sending it signals.


chances are some lines are data and one's a clock line, once you find
the clock line you can systematically try different values on the other
input lines and see what happens.  a logic pulser might also be nice,
but not essential.

note that there is of course some risk of frying the subject, but if you
have stacks of them and can't find any data frying a couple of them
isn't too expensive.  tracing the signals can help you find the
power/ground connections since they are shared, you can always probe
with an ohm meter to see which pins go more than one place, those pins
will be power.

you can probably assume 5v power.  not entirely trivial, but if you put
some time into it there's a fair chance you'll figure it out.  it's
hardest at first, as soon as you figure it out a little bit the rest
gets easy quick.

Alexandre Guimaraes wrote:
{Quote hidden}

----------

--
<http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article3267.htm>  proof that
the U.S. media is now state controlled!  Ask your' local tv station why
the hell they aren't airing the news any more!  Our system of government
requires an informed public, with their eyes open.

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email .....listservKILLspamspam.....mitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body

2004\08\22@204608 by Alexandre Guimaraes

face picon face
Hi, Philip

> do you know which lines are vcc, ground, and backlight?  if so you can
> power it up and with a suitable resistor and volt meter see how easy it
> is to pull the other lines high or low, this will tell you if they are
> input or output.  once you know that you can play at sending it signals.

   I love this idea... Easy way to find inputs and outputs. I do know where
power and groung comes in. I can test them being driven by the original
equipament without much trouble.

> chances are some lines are data and one's a clock line, once you find
> the clock line you can systematically try different values on the other
> input lines and see what happens.  a logic pulser might also be nice,
> but not essential.

   The clock line exists only if the display is serial, right ? If parallel
I should get something like a /CS line, right ?

   Thanks a lot for the information. I will find enough time someday to
really try this out and put these little creaters to work again..

best regards,
Alexandre Guimaraes

--
http://www.piclist.com#nomail Going offline? Don't AutoReply us!
email EraseMElistservspam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTmitvma.mit.edu with SET PICList DIGEST in the body

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2004 , 2005 only
- Today
- New search...