Searching \ for '[Admin] Repeat Messages' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=repeat+messages
Search entire site for: 'Repeat Messages'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[Admin] Repeat Messages'
2000\05\14@163623 by Josh Koffman

flavicon
face
Is anyone else getting copies of posts to the PICList that were sent
last week or maybe a bit before? I keep getting messages with dates that
are old,  and I even remember reading them. Is this a problem on my end
or is this happening to anyone else?

Josh Koffman
spam_OUTjoshyTakeThisOuTspammb.sympatico.ca

2000\05\14@173933 by Dwayne Reid

flavicon
face
<x-flowed>At 03:19 PM 5/14/00 -0500, Josh Koffman wrote:
>Is anyone else getting copies of posts to the PICList that were sent
>last week or maybe a bit before? I keep getting messages with dates that
>are old,  and I even remember reading them. Is this a problem on my end
>or is this happening to anyone else?
>
>Josh Koffman
>.....joshyKILLspamspam@spam@mb.sympatico.ca

Yep.  Here is a portion of one of the offending message's header

X-Warning: mitvma.mit.edu: Host smtp.arrakis.es claimed to be
           ssmtp02.melange.isp

dwayne



Dwayne Reid   <dwaynerspamKILLspamplanet.eon.net>
Trinity Electronics Systems Ltd    Edmonton, AB, CANADA
(780) 489-3199 voice          (780) 487-6397 fax

Celebrating 16 years of Engineering Innovation (1984 - 2000)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Do NOT send unsolicited commercial email to this email address.
This message neither grants consent to receive unsolicited
commercial email nor is intended to solicit commercial email.

</x-flowed>

2000\05\14@214952 by Ian Wilkinson

flavicon
face
On Sun, 14 May 2000 in "[Admin] Repeat Messages", you wrote:
>Is anyone else getting copies of posts to the PICList that were sent
>last week or maybe a bit before? I keep getting messages with dates that
>are old,  and I even remember reading them. Is this a problem on my end
>or is this happening to anyone else?
>

Yes, I'm getting them from a while ago.
MY e-mail client sorts mail into time order that it was Sent, not when I
recieve it so I get posts all over the place...

for example I got this twice...
FW: [OT][ADMIN] NO MORE HTML!!!
From: "Severson, Rob"
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:02:51 -0500

and this
[OT] need SX52BD programmer...
From: Vasile Surducan
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 10:28:59 +0000

and
Re: very [OT] linux masquerading a lan
From: Alan B Pearce
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:37:15 +0100

and
Re: very [OT] linux masquerading a lan
From: Mark Willis
To: .....PICLISTKILLspamspam.....MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 01:24:29 -0700

I thought it was something I had done...

Ian.
--
A pair of feckin' women's knickers!
- Father Jack

Uptime at 12:23am  up  2:14,  4 users,

2000\05\15@033421 by Michael Rigby-Jones

flavicon
face
> On Sun, 14 May 2000 in "[Admin] Repeat Messages", you wrote:
> >Is anyone else getting copies of posts to the PICList that were sent
> >last week or maybe a bit before? I keep getting messages with dates that
> >are old,  and I even remember reading them. Is this a problem on my end
> >or is this happening to anyone else?
> >
>
I've been on the list for quite a while now (2 years ish) and this seems to
be an almost regular feature.  I'm sure Mark dealt with this the last time.

Mike

2000\05\15@041437 by Alan B Pearce

face picon face
it is a bit disconcerting to realise that a couple of the repeated messages are
your own, and know that it is a while since they were sent. Just a possible
pointer - it seemed to me that the repeated messages referred to topics where
somebody posted a new message - is the archiving software getting screwed up
when trying to add a message to a thread causing it to repeat old messages?
this may be an invalid pointer as I have not done a proper investigation along
this line, but it was an impression I got that is possibly worth investigating.

2000\05\15@052839 by Mark Willis

flavicon
face
Nope.  Someone's e-mail server's sending incoming posts back to the list
somehow, and the entire list then receives the post again.  Annoying,
isn't it!?  I think Mike fixed this one already.

 Mark

Alan B Pearce wrote:
> it is a bit disconcerting to realise that a couple of the repeated messages are
> your own, and know that it is a while since they were sent. Just a possible
> pointer - it seemed to me that the repeated messages referred to topics where
> somebody posted a new message - is the archiving software getting screwed up
> when trying to add a message to a thread causing it to repeat old messages?
> this may be an invalid pointer as I have not done a proper investigation along
> this line, but it was an impression I got that is possibly worth investigating.

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2000 , 2001 only
- Today
- New search...