Searching \ for '[ADMIN] Mistakes Happen' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=mistakes+happen
Search entire site for: 'Mistakes Happen'.

Exact match. Not showing close matches.
PICList Thread
'[ADMIN] Mistakes Happen'
2011\06\22@151403 by Josh Koffman

face picon face
Hi folks,

As you no doubt saw, I made a slip and sent an email that was supposed
to go to the admins only to the list.

If you'd like to discuss it with me, please email me privately, or
email all the admins at spam_OUTpiclist-ownerTakeThisOuTspammit.edu.

DO NOT REPLY ON LIST.

I'm sorry about this, and I take full responsibility for it.

Thanks,

Josh
-- A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete
fools.
        -Douglas Adams

2011\06\22@171122 by Jim Franklin

flavicon
face
Oh the seed of intrigue has been planted.. I assume the admins removed the post before I collected the list, Another of those things I will never know!!

As you say, mistakes DO happen, and as long as it wasn't me, whatever it
was, it's all good :)

{Original Message removed}

2011\06\22@173417 by Herbert Graf

picon face
FWIW it's not possible for us to "remove a post", once it's out there
it's out there.

TTYL

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 22:11 +0100, Jim Franklin wrote:
> Oh the seed of intrigue has been planted..
> I assume the admins removed the post before I collected the list,
> Another of those things I will never know!!
>
> As you say, mistakes DO happen, and as long as it wasn't me, whatever it
> was, it's all good :)

2011\06\22@173429 by RussellMc

face picon face
> I assume the admins removed the post before I collected the list,

We can do that? :-) ?
(I don't believe so, but ...)

Consider. From what locations would message data be able to be removed
by admins?
ie not any POP3 mailbox or ISP's storage or ... .


2011\06\22@174404 by Bob Blick

face
flavicon
face
On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:11 +0100, "Jim Franklin" wrote:
> Oh the seed of intrigue has been planted..
> I assume the admins removed the post before I collected the list,
> Another of those things I will never know!!

Your settings keep you from receiving posts lacking topic tags.

Josh's post had the [AD] tag, which you subscribe to.

There is no such thing as an [ADMIN] tag, it would conflict with the
[AD] tag.

Bob

-- http://www.fastmail.fm - A fast, anti-spam email service.

2011\06\22@180045 by V G

picon face
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:33 PM, RussellMc <.....apptechnzKILLspamspam@spam@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I assume the admins removed the post before I collected the list,
>
> We can do that? :-) ?
> (I don't believe so, but ...)
>
> Consider. From what locations would message data be able to be removed
> by admins?
> ie not any POP3 mailbox or ISP's storage or ... .
>
>
I always find the "undo" feature in GMail helps.

Not remove - but stop it from being sent in the first place

2011\06\22@202544 by Jim Franklin

flavicon
face
Ah Thanks Bob,
That makes sense.
I try to keep everything nicely sorted at this end, a kind of e-OCD if you
like.

But with that said, my setting will still keep me from knowing the story :)

Sometimes ignorance is bliss though.

Have a good evening!

Jim


{Original Message removed}

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2011 , 2012 only
- Today
- New search...