Searching \ for '%Introducing myself%' in subject line. ()
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! Help us get a faster server
FAQ page: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=introducing+myself
Search entire site for: 'Introducing myself'.

_Sub string match.
PICList Thread
'[OT]Introducing myself'
2006\02\01@095549 by Metis Adrastea

picon face
Hi!

I'm a Spanish student of automation, and I'm 25 year old. One of my
hobbies are electronics and I would want to learn using pic's. I've
been reading in the Internet things about pic's  for about a year but
unfortunately i can't write a program in asm yet :(

Last week I subscribed to this list and now I think it's the moment to
introduce myself, so here is the mail :)

As you can see, my english is not as good as I would want to, but I
hope I manage to hardly communicate with you ;)

Hope I could be of aid in this list.

Regards

Metis Adrastea
--
He comentado ya que tengo un blog? O:-)
http://metisadrastea.blogspot.com/

2006\02\01@104119 by Wouter van Ooijen

face picon face
> Hope I could be of aid in this list.

I you want to aid the list (instead of the other way round) I have a
wish: create a webpage with your 'beginners experience' with a modern
PIC, for instance an 18F4520 or (if it must be a 14-bit core) an 16F877A
or a 16F88. But *not* a 16F84(A)!

Wouter van Ooijen

-- -------------------------------------------
Van Ooijen Technische Informatica: http://www.voti.nl
consultancy, development, PICmicro products
docent Hogeschool van Utrecht: http://www.voti.nl/hvu


2006\02\01@144617 by Metis Adrastea

picon face
Hi!

2006/2/1, Wouter van Ooijen <spam_OUTwouterTakeThisOuTspamvoti.nl>:
> > Hope I could be of aid in this list.
>
> I you want to aid the list (instead of the other way round) I have a
> wish: create a webpage with your 'beginners experience' with a modern
> PIC, for instance an 18F4520 or (if it must be a 14-bit core) an 16F877A
> or a 16F88. But *not* a 16F84(A)!

I actually write a weblog (in spanish, sorry) where I put my ideas and
experiences. I started burning downloaded hex files into 16F84A's, but
I'm now trying to learn how to proram using more modern parts, ranging
from 16F684's and 16F628A's to 18F4550's. But this is still a wish,
first I have to learn how to program in asm :)

Regards

Metis Adrastea
--
He comentado ya que tengo un blog? O:-)
http://metisadrastea.blogspot.com/

2006\02\02@051549 by kravnus wolf

picon face
Perhaps you should look through the material in
Microchip.
http://techtrain.microchip.com/x14/

John

--- Metis Adrastea <.....metisadrasteaKILLspamspam@spam@gmail.com> wrote:

{Quote hidden}

> --

2006\02\02@103736 by Hector Martin

flavicon
face
Metis Adrastea wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm a Spanish student of automation, and I'm 25 year old. One of my
> hobbies are electronics and I would want to learn using pic's.
Muy buenas! No eres el unico español por aqui :)

> I've
> been reading in the Internet things about pic's  for about a year but
> unfortunately i can't write a program in asm yet :(
You'll get it, eventually. It worked for me :) (I used to do PICBasic,
but switched to ASM after a while.)

I'd recommend starting with a member of the 16F87x family. 877 if you
want more pins, 876 if 28pin fine, for example. They're mostly the same
as 16F84, just more powerful.

I myself have just started messing around with 18F chips, specifically
18F4550. Similar to 16F, just different banking model, without some of
the annoyances (and with some of its own), and with new instructions.

> As you can see, my english is not as good as I would want to, but I
> hope I manage to hardly communicate with you ;)
It's way better than others. No problem with that.

> Hope I could be of aid in this list.
I'm sure you will!

--
Hector Martin (.....hectorKILLspamspam.....marcansoft.com)
Public Key: http://www.marcansoft.com/hector.asc

2006\02\02@122917 by Alvaro Deibe Diaz

picon face
> Metis Adrastea wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm a Spanish student of automation, and I'm 25 year old. One of my
> > hobbies are electronics and I would want to learn using pic's.
> Muy buenas! No eres el unico español por aqui :)

Pues, conmigo, ya somos tres. Al menos.

Bienvenido.

Metis and Adrastea. Two little moons... of Jupiter.

But, wait! Having certain relationship with the "greek" part of us, i hardly
remember (...asking St. Google...) that's it! Metis was the first wife of
Jupiter (Zeus), and Adrastea the daughter of Jupiter and Ananke.

Interesting name  :o)

Salu2,

Álvaro Deibe.


2006\02\02@132801 by abhishek dikshit

picon face
hi pal,
i am not trying to do pic ,but i am trying to add afeature to mplab so that
when u use pic for uart u can actually use the features like in
resonance(another development software)

2006\02\02@133344 by Metis Adrastea

picon face
Hi!

First, thank you very much for the welcome :)

2006/2/2, Alvaro Deibe Diaz <EraseMEadeibespam_OUTspamTakeThisOuTudc.es>:
> Metis and Adrastea. Two little moons... of Jupiter.
>
> But, wait! Having certain relationship with the "greek" part of us, i hardly
> remember (...asking St. Google...) that's it! Metis was the first wife of
> Jupiter (Zeus), and Adrastea the daughter of Jupiter and Ananke.
>
> Interesting name  :o)

Great work of research, but truth is way simpler than theory because I
just wanted a composed nick (name and surname) as I thought it would
be "more ellegant". :) Adding this to the thought that scientists
usually put beautiful names to things up there in the Universe, you
got it. :D

Talking about PIC's, I'm glad to mention that i'm writing my first
program in asm! (16F684). Now I'm going to learn how to set up a timer
for making an A2D conversion and maybe tomorrow or later I'll post a
question about making comparations between variables and literals (i.e
<,>,<=...) O:-)

Regards

Metis Adrastea

P.S.- You all who can read spanish, be welcome to my humble blog :)
--
He comentado ya que tengo un blog? O:-)
http://metisadrastea.blogspot.com/

2006\02\04@013845 by abhishek dikshit

picon face
you can try the mplab a/d test program for 18f452 its simple and if you are
ok with c it will be better
you need
 1 c18
2mplab with documents
once u got the c18 inside mplab by checking the right box while installing
c18(after mplab)you can use the example in mpalb manual
takecare
abby


'[PIC] Reintroducing myself :)'
2007\08\26@155543 by Morgan Olsson
flavicon
face
Hi guys

I just now reregistered as a PICLIST member.
I was active here some years around the millenium change.
One thing i did was www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/hrdrstsw.htm
I have since not used any microcontroller and as I could not keep up wiht  
the bandwidth of this list i got off it a few years ago.

I am situated in south end of Sweden, working mainly with industrial  
control systems, mostly special designs and mods, often pure analog or  
power designs, some mechamical work, some PLC and mini-PLC programming,  
etc...

Now i am the system designer on an control system that incorporates a  
couple PICs.
I do some mechanical design, functionality design, electric design and  
layout.  The programming i have another guy doing as i have not yet learnt  
C to a useable level plus my time is too limited to do that part too  
anyway.

I reregistered here to discuss some problems we have, but i will start  
separate threads on that.

For now,
--
Morgan Olsson

2007\08\27@075423 by Russell McMahon

face
flavicon
face
> I just now reregistered as a PICLIST member.
> I was active here some years around the millenium change.
> One thing i did was
> www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/hrdrstsw.htm
> I have since not used any microcontroller and as I could not keep up
> wiht
> the bandwidth of this list i got off it a few years ago.

Welcome back.
Still very wide bandwidth here :-)



       Russell

2007\08\27@104902 by Morgan Olsson

flavicon
face
Den 2007-08-27 13:54:02 skrev Russell McMahon <apptechspamspam_OUTparadise.net.nz>:

> Welcome back.

Thank you Russel

> Still very wide bandwidth here :-)

I noticed...
Most of it so far is technically inspiring :)

--
Morgan Olsson

2007\08\28@174707 by Vitaliy

flavicon
face
Morgan Olsson wrote:
> I have since not used any microcontroller and as I could not keep up wiht
> the bandwidth of this list i got off it a few years ago.

Welcome back!

Do you mean that *you* couldn't keep up, or your *internet connection*
couldn't keep up? :)

I can't help you with the latter, but I can certainly offer some advice on
the former, as at varios times (especially in the beginning) I too struggled
with the sheer volume of information.

Vitaliy

2007\08\29@032733 by Morgan Olsson

flavicon
face
Den 2007-08-28 23:46:08 skrev Vitaliy <@spam@spamKILLspamspammaksimov.org>:

> Morgan Olsson wrote:
>> I have since not used any microcontroller and as I could not keep up  
>> wiht
>> the bandwidth of this list i got off it a few years ago.
>
> Welcome back!

Thank you

> Do you mean that *you* couldn't keep up, or your *internet connection*
> couldn't keep up? :)

Well.  I have a faster connection now ;)

> I can't help you with the latter, but I can certainly offer some advice  
> on the former, as at varios times (especially in the beginning) I too  
> struggled with the sheer volume of information.

Well, i have now this mail account for PICLIST only - easy to filter spam.
I used Eudora then, which was pretty good at filtering
The mail program I use now for piclist mail is Opera - it seem to be very  
flexible and effective in searching in the email "database", and i only  
feed it with Piclist.

But I must admit that the main problem is/was not the filtering, but that  
i kept reading the vast amount of interesting stuff regardless of the  
email filters... ;)

> Vitaliy
>



--
Morgan Olsson

More... (looser matching)
- Last day of these posts
- In 2007 , 2008 only
- Today
- New search...