Dr. Imre Bartfai email (remove spam text)
On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Bob Blick wrote:
> How do you answer customer's questions about year 2000 compliance?
I guess the following points should be checked:
1. The size of the year stored (2 or 4 digits)
2. Is 2000 leap year [ it should ].
3. What is the weekday of 1/1/2000? [ should Saturday, especially instead
of Monday which is assumed as the year is thought as 1900 ]
4. How old is a man born 1/1/1999 on 1/1/2000? [ exactly one year ]
And in days? [ exactly 365 days ]
5. Which day comes after 12/31/1999? [ should 1/1/2000 ]
I think this is fair checklist as 1st trial.
I elaborated the solution with the `cal` command of Linux. Of course, it
In reply to: <Pine.LNX.3.95.980707120532.27957A-100000 @blick1.mhs.mendocino.k12.ca.us>
See also: www.piclist.com/techref/index.htm?key=y2k+compliance
You must be a member of the
piclist mailing list
(not only a www.piclist.com member) to post to the