The FindAtom function searches the local atom table for the specified character string and retrieves the atom associated with that string.
// pointer to string to find
If the function succeeds, the return value is the atom associated with the given string.
If the function fails, the return value is zero. To get extended error information, call GetLastError.
Even though Windows preserves the case of a string in an atom table, the search performed by the FindAtom function is not case sensitive.
AddAtom, DeleteAtom, GlobalAddAtom, GlobalDeleteAtom, GlobalFindAtom
|file: /Techref/os/win/api/win32/func/src/f24_4.htm, 1KB, , updated: 2000/4/7 12:19, local time: 2022/5/23 22:51,
|©2022 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.piclist.com/techref/os/win/api/win32/func/src/f24_4.htm"> FindAtom</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
PICList 2022 contributors:
o List host: MIT, Site host massmind.org, Top posters @20220523
* Page Editors: James Newton, David Cary, and YOU!
* Roman Black of Black Robotics donates from sales of Linistep stepper controller kits.
* Ashley Roll of Digital Nemesis donates from sales of RCL-1 RS232 to TTL converters.
* Monthly Subscribers: Gregg Rew. on-going support is MOST appreciated!
* Contributors: Richard Seriani, Sr.
Welcome to www.piclist.com!